Think I may have a true Hermie: help from someone with experience required please

Jon0026

420 Member
Hi there! First time grower here.
Having trouble sexing this plant.. Look to maybe be pollen sacs with hairs. Need someone with more knowledge to help. Think I may have a hermie. Flipped to 12/12 15 days ago
IMG20200821123108.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20200821123101.jpg
    IMG20200821123101.jpg
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG20200821123038.jpg
    IMG20200821123038.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 493
  • IMG20200821122703.jpg
    IMG20200821122703.jpg
    747.9 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG20200821122735.jpg
    IMG20200821122735.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 446
  • IMG20200821122912.jpg
    IMG20200821122912.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 529
  • IMG20200821122826.jpg
    IMG20200821122826.jpg
    865.7 KB · Views: 755
  • IMG20200821122804.jpg
    IMG20200821122804.jpg
    907.4 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG20200821123028.jpg
    IMG20200821123028.jpg
    885.6 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG20200821122929.jpg
    IMG20200821122929.jpg
    767.9 KB · Views: 481
My first indoor grow ( before I joined this group ) resulted in a male and 4 hermies.
I caught the male early but all the girls hermied during early flower.
It broke my heart but I got over it.
I learned a bunch from that disaster.
I ordered feminized seeds from a couple of sponsors.
I started a journal here and received plenty of help when I asked.
7 seeds germinated and after 4 months I have started harvesting from my 2cd indoor grow.
Figure out your mistakes and keep on growing brother.
Good luck.
PS. Check for light leaks. Get inside your grow space w/ lights out.

After a bunch of research , and personal experience , female plants hermie because of 1. Genetics and or 2. Stress. Light leaks appear to be the #1 culprit but extreme and or inconsistent heat , cold , humidity etc. May also contribute.
During flower the lights should come on and go off at the same time .
Do you have a good timer on your lights ?
Are your temps and humidity varying a lot ?
After reading many journals , early flower seems to be the especially dangerous time .
There was a piece on 10 things that can cause hermie in one of these forums that I found last year.
I think I was guilty of at least 4 . :Namaste:

Included a bunch of pics for reference

I looked again... you have balls after he/she went to flower. Looks like you stressed the plant enough with all your defoil to fuck her up. Chop chop and dont defoil why are you doing that?

I looked again... you have balls after he/she went to flower. Looks like you stressed the plant enough with all your defoil to fuck her up. Chop chop and dont defoil why are you doing that?
I think it they all hermied due to shitty genetics coupled with fluctuating temperatures, not the defoliating

After a bunch of research , and personal experience , female plants hermie because of 1. Genetics and or 2. Stress. Light leaks appear to be the #1 culprit but extreme and or inconsistent heat , cold , humidity etc. May also contribute.
During flower the lights should come on and go off at the same time .
Do you have a good timer on your lights ?
Are your temps and humidity varying a lot ?
After reading many journals , early flower seems to be the especially dangerous time .
There was a piece on 10 things that can cause hermie in one of these forums that I found last year.
I think I was guilty of at least 4 . :Namaste:
Hey sorry I missed your replies. Chopped them all down. I think because at first I had a space heater in the tent and temps would constantly fluctuate I stressed them too much in veg maybe. They were all bag seeds bar one proper feminized genetic. There are two plants remaining I'm quite sure the last bag seed is now throwing out male parts as well going into 1 month of flower. The proper feminized seed has no signs of any seeds and is starting to grow bigger flowers and become more resin coated.

I'm now torn between pulling the male parts from the NL bag seed and hoping she doesn't grow more, and tearing her down altogether. The feminized seed is GDP by Ken Estes and I would like to keep her seed free.

I have learnt so much since starting I have just popped 5 more seeds of ethos genetics and 1 more GDP all of which are looking great at 1 week.

Sad about this harvest as I was really hoping to grow enough to get me through til' the end of the next one, being unemployed now due to covid I can't afford to spend what I am on weed.

I want to flower the next six out fast but still get a decent harvest. Any tips?

Thanks for all of your help pal

So temps is more stressful than taking off fan leaves?
I have seen a lot of places to defoliate, obviously you don't however. How do you recommend I train them to not have to defol? These ones were so bushy there was absolutely no airflow in the middle. The last of those bag seeds is throwing out male parts too now should I toss it to keep the one proper genetic safe? Can I just rip off the balls and pray for no more?

I have 6 more seeds started of ethos will have a 4x4 tent and a 2x4 tent to work with and want a low veg time. Can you help pal?

Hey sorry I missed your replies. Chopped them all down. I think because at first I had a space heater in the tent and temps would constantly fluctuate I stressed them too much in veg maybe. They were all bag seeds bar one proper feminized genetic. There are two plants remaining I'm quite sure the last bag seed is now throwing out male parts as well going into 1 month of flower. The proper feminized seed has no signs of any seeds and is starting to grow bigger flowers and become more resin coated.

I'm now torn between pulling the male parts from the NL bag seed and hoping she doesn't grow more, and tearing her down altogether. The feminized seed is GDP by Ken Estes and I would like to keep her seed free.

I have learnt so much since starting I have just popped 5 more seeds of ethos genetics and 1 more GDP all of which are looking great at 1 week.

Sad about this harvest as I was really hoping to grow enough to get me through til' the end of the next one, being unemployed now due to covid I can't afford to spend what I am on weed.

I want to flower the next six out fast but still get a decent harvest. Any tips?

Thanks for all of your help pal
After my second grow turned into a hermi disaster , I joined this group and started a journal .
I ordered feminized seeds from a couple of sponsors. I did a bunch of research and then asked for help w/ specific issues. I was able to get my grow room stabilized w/ lights , temps and humidity.
I selected a good growing medium and used @Emilya watering tutorial.
I posted weekly in my journal and when issues arose . If I didn’t get an answer right away I posted on Frequently asked questions. I always got help.
The resources are here to help you be successful. Just ask.
I did and just finished harvesting 6 plants.
Use your hermie experience to learn from and move on brother.
:thumb:

Attachments

• FDD68388-395A-4F3C-96D7-54BE042DFEA8.jpeg
    FDD68388-395A-4F3C-96D7-54BE042DFEA8.jpeg
    825.2 KB · Views: 88
Back
Top Bottom