Thinking of trying something new

Jimbo

I just harvested my last LR#2 Sunday, and just got through trimming my buds today.

I was thinking of a way that might help my fresh wet buds dry faster, but I wanted some input before I try it, as I have never heard or read anything like this before, and it will basically be an experiment if I do it.

I was thinking about layering the bottom of a dish with absorbent clay floor dry, then placing a paper towel over the top of it, then spreading the buds out on top of the paper towel.

I was thinking that the moisture would be drawn out of the buds faster that way, making it quicker to jar up the buds for final curing.

I will be putting this set up in a spare dresser drawer as to keep it light free for proper drying as well.

I know there is nothing toxic in the floor dry, as it only made out of crushed dried clay and there's nothing in it to have to worry about there, not to mention the paper towel will keep the buds from touching it in the first place.

Does this idea sound feasible to y'all?

possible mold issues, i kinda think.

I doubt it, as I will not be covering it, but placing it in an air conditioned room inside of a dresser drawer.

I plan on turning the buds over once a day too.

I believe the floor dry will only serve to draw all the moisture out too quick to mold anyway...think about it.

Kind of like those silica bags you get in a bag of beef jerky to keep it from molding :smokin: y'all see where I'm going with this?

I'll do it and let y'all know how well it works...cool?

Yea..I kinda thought about that, and that's why I opted to put them in that drawer with no breeze blowing on them to dry too terribly fast...but a little faster than the paper bag trick probably.

Not to mention that's a good place to keep them cool and dark as well...I could put them open in my fridge, if that would be better...but then I'd worry about mold?

Fridge is too cold. Why not just use a tried and true method? Bag or hang..

Just wanted to do an experiment with 1 lone LR2, just to see if I can speed up the process a little faster...no biggie...I'm sure it will smoke ok either way.

If you never try anything...how will you ever know :smokin:

I just have a curious nature to try new methods for anything I do, my gears are always turning :smokin:

They used to call me McGuiver at work...lol...I was the one everyone came to when they got stumped with something, because they knew I'd figure it out one way or the other, even if I had to invent something to make it work...no worries :smokin:

Ok...it would have worked great, as the buds seemed to start drying pretty decent, but I went to check on them the yesterday morning and I noticed some little tiny bugs on the paper towel, and realized that they were coming from the floor dry.

I'm not sure if they were in it from the get go, or something that had gotten in it from here, as I have had that bag for a long time.

I'll get some fresh stuff from work, so I can see if they are something that was just a fluke or if they are in all floor dry.

It seemed to be working really well though, so I do want to try this again.
I think they were drying at about just the right speed too.

I'll let y'all know if I see any of those bugs in some fresh floor dry or not :smokin:

Just run the floor dry thought the oven at Broil.
if it all has bugs or just to be sure it's BugFree :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey...that's a great idea, for that matter, the microwave for about 5 minutes...thanks bro :clap:

Your going to lock in some of the chloraphyl (sp?) taste if you dry them too fast. Be careful

Agreed. A slower dry means better tasting buds. :peace:

Well...it all depends on how much smoke you already have and how long you've been without, as to how much your willing to sacrifice in flavor...and it's been a while for me.

Hell...I've even been know to nuke a bud, just to get me by for a buzz...It's a matter of necessity some times to have my meds.

These 6 in the greenhouse, look like they will be producing a very healthy yield, so I will be able to hang and cure these properly...but don't think for a minute, that I wont be quick drying at least some of that AK for a test run...lol

^^ LOL!

That's cool! It at least works! Most people who invent something always run into little issues here and there, but that's part of the process to perfection. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom