Third Times A Charm

My cent cents.....go in the ground so your plant can start lower and grow taller. Even if that means digging a giant hole and filling it with Fox Farm or whatever. If you start soon, you will have a shit ton of time in veg before nature does it's thingy and flips them into flower.....you will have trees growing in there!

My cent cents.....go in the ground so your plant can start lower and grow taller. Even if that means digging a giant hole and filling it with Fox Farm or whatever. If you start soon, you will have a shit ton of time in veg before nature does it's thingy and flips them into flower.....you will have trees growing in there!
Fox Farms not recommended for outdoor use as its "potting" soil. I tested my soils ph and its at 7. Im going to have my soil tested and amend it according to the results. Ill be putting 6 in pots and 6 in the soil. ;) Im going to start hardening my seedlings Thur :)

Fox Farms not recommended for outdoor use as its "potting" soil. I tested my soils ph and its at 7. Im going to have my soil tested and amend it according to the results. Ill be putting 6 in pots and 6 in the soil. ;) Im going to start hardening my seedlings Thur :)

you are gonna have some beasts, I can't wait to see this....

I was just reading the times for sun rise and sunset. The sun starts 12/12 the end of September. That'll give these Bitches 5 months of veg time. They're in a greenhouse so no worries of Frost

Your outdoor setup is mint savingson. I'm gonna start some ak47 seeds see what I can do outside this year.
I really wish I had more land. I want my plants getting 100% FULL sun. The poly blocks out 30%. But my neighbors can't see whats inside. I may try to hide one in full sun see what happens. Maybe behind THE DAMN SHED IM DYING TO GROW IN. Lol
420-magazine-mobile789574530.jpg

I was just reading the times for sun rise and sunset. The sun starts 12/12 the end of September. That'll give these Bitches 5 months of veg time. They're in a greenhouse so no worries of Frost

When growing outdoors it's different, I believe as the days get shorter it triggers something in the plant making them switch. I don't believe it's 12/12 reliant like it is indoors but I may be wrong. But I know where I am if my plants waited till 12/12 out doors I'd be harvesting in nov/dec just in time for Xmas. But by that time of year the cold an snow would kill them.

When growing outdoors it's different, I believe as the days get shorter it triggers something in the plant making them switch. I don't believe it's 12/12 reliant like it is indoors but I may be wrong. But I know where I am if my plants waited till 12/12 out doors I'd be harvesting in nov/dec just in time for Xmas. But by that time of year the cold an snow would kill them.
Thanks soo much for the info. Im over here raking my brain figuring out a black out system w tarps ect lol. Im definitely going to research this more. Its my first outdoor grow and Ive only harvested once indoors. So its ALL new to me lol. Thanks again for the info. I love this site and all of you ROCK

The plants don't actually require exactly 12/12. They will begin to flower sometime around mid-august as the days become shorter but long before 12/12 is reached.

You don't need to black out anything

Also, consider buying auto flower plants for outdoor.

The autos will start flowering when they are ready so you will be able to harvest autos in July or august and then photoperiod plants in October

I take this back. You said FF in the hole I plant. Ive been reading and you're right. Amend the surrounding soil. Dig a hole add potting soil to fill in hole. My Bad :). Potting soil is def not good for entire bed though.

Anyone use Grow Bags? Ive watched tons of YouTube videos on Outdoor grows. Most of the videos the plants were in some container, growbag or above ground. I only saw a few videos were the plants are directly in the soil. Im trying to keep this simple and cost efficient. I like the idea of reusable shopping bags too but Id need real big ones for what Id like to grow. Any idea's?

I saw that on a video to Eb. A contractor bag with holes poked in the bottom. Grow bags are wicked cheap. Like .70 for 10g bags. Filling it w GOOD soil is what cost $$$$

Anyone use Grow Bags? Ive watched tons of YouTube videos on Outdoor grows. Most of the videos the plants were in some container, growbag or above ground. I only saw a few videos were the plants are directly in the soil. Im trying to keep this simple and cost efficient. I like the idea of reusable shopping bags too but Id need real big ones for what Id like to grow. Any idea's?

I use the felt/wool/water type of grow bags/fabric bags....not sure actually what they are but that's what I use. I'm going to start 6 plants outdoors in a few weeks and want to see if I can bury the bags just in case I need to pull the plants for whatever reason. Since I'm growing autos, I only need 5 gallon bags, with your grow you should be 15 plus gallon size....your main stocks are going to be beer can thick with your long veg.

Don't stress about the cold/snow. My last grow was I think 5 years ago when we had that freak halloween snow storm.....same year as the hurricane. I had to shovel snow off of my makeshift greenhouse a few times but all of my plants lived.

I take this back. You said FF in the hole I plant. Ive been reading and you're right. Amend the surrounding soil. Dig a hole add potting soil to fill in hole. My Bad :). Potting soil is def not good for entire bed though.

I said FF but meant it as a "whatever soil" if that makes in sense. For outdoor in ground with several holes I would mix up my own brew in one yard (3x3x3) holes.

Ikea bags are big enough to handle your larger plants.... you need a lot of drain holes. Seen those used. But as I mentioned on your other thread the BioBizz soil bags are meant to double as grow bags...
I've been looking around and I do not think that bio bizz is available in this area. Ive been reading GOOD REVIEWS on Pro Mix Hp in Grow bags w a lil epsom salt. I still have a good three weeks before I plant outside to figure everything out :)

Ikea bags are big enough to handle your larger plants.... you need a lot of drain holes. Seen those used. But as I mentioned on your other thread the BioBizz soil bags are meant to double as grow bags...
I can't find Bio Bizz but Roots Organic has something similar. Looks like doing 6-12 plants w it will be REAL expensive. Im thinking about experimenting w a few diff soils. Hmmmm....
420-magazine-mobile566623223.jpg
420-magazine-mobile212066945.jpg

I've been looking around and I do not think that bio bizz is available in this area. Ive been reading GOOD REVIEWS on Pro Mix Hp in Grow bags w a lil epsom salt. I still have a good three weeks before I plant outside to figure everything out :)

Back
Top Bottom