Brian420pm 8th Grow Jan 2022: Super Silver Haze

Brian420pm

Here we go with ANOTHER Super Silver Haze run from Nirvana Seeds! I'm kinda hooked and every other grow seems to suit me just fine. :)

Just a quick summary how I start seeds... gently rub them over sandpaper, then drop in distilled water until they sink (usually a couple hours). Then fold and soak a paper towel with water and put on a plate, on top of a seedling heat mat. The seeds are placed between the folds of the paper towel then the plate covered by a frying pan cover to keep in the moisture. The temps have to be between 75-80 at all times. After two days the tails are around an inch long, they go in peat pods under a dome, with a small LED light running 16/8 light cycle.

Feeding them distilled water with Myco+ root inoculant product at .075 EC strength. I usually use tap water in the peat pods so this is an experiment to see how it does in comparison. The first leaves look very green and popped up FAST, best seed start EVER.

3 days from seed

20220120_201532 (1).jpg

Here we go with ANOTHER Super Silver Haze run from Nirvana Seeds! I'm kinda hooked and every other grow seems to suit me just fine. :)

Just a quick summary how I start seeds... gently rub them over sandpaper, then drop in distilled water until they sink (usually a couple hours). Then fold and soak a paper towel with water and put on a plate, on top of a seedling heat mat. The seeds are placed between the folds of the paper towel then the plate covered by a frying pan cover to keep in the moisture. The temps have to be between 75-80 at all times. After two days the tails are around an inch long, they go in peat pods under a dome, with a small LED light running 16/8 light cycle.

Feeding them distilled water with Myco+ root inoculant product at .075 EC strength. I usually use tap water in the peat pods so this is an experiment to see how it does in comparison. The first leaves look very green and popped up FAST, best seed start EVER.

3 days from seed

20220120_201532 (1).jpg
Woohoo fresh beans. :woohoo:
What are you going to be growing in?

Stay safe
Bill

What are you going to be growing in?

Hi Bill!

I'm using Mother Earth Coco and added pumice, 3/1 ratio in 5 gallon fabric pots. This will be the third grow with the same media, I break up the ball with a hammer, beat the hell out of it with a drill and paint stirrer, throw out the roots I can rake out with my fingers, then rinse it to remove the fine particulates, then double buffer with cal/mag.

Here is my current grow recipe:

Screenshot_1.jpg

Here are harvest results:

Screenshot_2.jpg

0921211747 (1).jpg

I've been messing with feeding frequency to keep the moisture in the pot within a good range, currently every 4.5 hours through the bulk of flowering (I reduced to every 6 in week 7 to introduce a little stress). Measuring moisture just after feed it averages 65% at the top and 90% at the bottom and just before the next feed it's 40%/70%.

Also lately I've been wondering about the 50ppm of h2o2. Hydrogen peroxide can kill good and bad from the pots, but it keeps down excess growth on the outside and at the surface. Maybe I'll half it to 25ppm. The effects of H2O2 do not last long, so it's like a shock wave through the pots when I mix the nutes once a week. That cycle could ultimately benefit this system, can't say for sure yet.

And still wondering about azomite. It has such a huge number of micronutrients but does it even break down sufficiently to make it all accessible to the plant? SOME of it must be water soluble over time, no? hmm

Just started the Flower Fuel product in the Blueberry Muffin grow, but I'm sensitive about bud growth. If it shows excess bud density after trimming, like that fake PGR bud look, I'll reduce dose or drop it completely.

Anyway, more than you asked for but I like to share it ALL hehe :)

Hi Bill!

I'm using Mother Earth Coco and added pumice, 3/1 ratio in 5 gallon fabric pots. This will be the third grow with the same media, I break up the ball with a hammer, beat the hell out of it with a drill and paint stirrer, throw out the roots I can rake out with my fingers, then rinse it to remove the fine particulates, then double buffer with cal/mag.

Here is my current grow recipe:

Screenshot_1.jpg

Here are harvest results:

Screenshot_2.jpg

0921211747 (1).jpg

I've been messing with feeding frequency to keep the moisture in the pot within a good range, currently every 4.5 hours through the bulk of flowering (I reduced to every 6 in week 7 to introduce a little stress). Measuring moisture just after feed it averages 65% at the top and 90% at the bottom and just before the next feed it's 40%/70%.

Also lately I've been wondering about the 50ppm of h2o2. Hydrogen peroxide can kill good and bad from the pots, but it keeps down excess growth on the outside and at the surface. Maybe I'll half it to 25ppm. The effects of H2O2 do not last long, so it's like a shock wave through the pots when I mix the nutes once a week. That cycle could ultimately benefit this system, can't say for sure yet.

And still wondering about azomite. It has such a huge number of micronutrients but does it even break down sufficiently to make it all accessible to the plant? SOME of it must be water soluble over time, no? hmm

Just started the Flower Fuel product in the Blueberry Muffin grow, but I'm sensitive about bud growth. If it shows excess bud density after trimming, like that fake PGR bud look, I'll reduce dose or drop it completely.

Anyway, more than you asked for but I like to share it ALL hehe :)
Thats why we are all here my friend @Brian420pm
I like a bit of coco myself I add bokashi and insect frass a couple weeks or so before potting.
Also in used coco mixed with 50% new and fresh perilite before planting.
Never needed to use h202 with this combo.
Healthiest roots and ladies I've had.
Your attention to detail is impeccable. :love:
Pics are great also.
I logged every detail for 5 years, all lost to water damage in the fire. :(
Before I joined 420magazine I put everything in actual log books.
Im old :laugh:
Happy growing.

Stay safe
Bill

Pics are great also.

Thank you! I'm in my 6th decade floatin around this sun, was away from cannabis for 30 years and came back to it roaring! hehe

Now I need to try one grow without h202! Gotta keep a close eye on how funky my hoses, drippers and res become, I think there are less destructive weekly cleaning agents I can pump through.

I like a bit of coco myself I add bokashi and insect frass a couple weeks or so before potting.
Also in used coco mixed with 50% new and fresh perilite before planting.
Pics are great also.
I logged every detail for 5 years, all lost to water damage in the fire. :(
Before I joined 420magazine I put everything in actual log books.
Im old :laugh:
Happy growing.

Stay safe
Bill
I used to document everything. I've become a little less so :rolleyes:

I've had so many seedlings fail lately I was beginning to question my dedication to this hobby UGH... they just run out of steam in the 2nd week, yellow, roots die back.

After eliminating everything new that I've introduced over the last year (Perlite vs pumice, distilled vs tap, rooting hormone), I think I FINALLY figured out the culprit.

I had run out of General Hydroponics Cal/Mag about 6 months ago and bought another brand to replace it, and I FORGOT to compare the dosing and adjust it. The new Cal/Mag was 2-3 times the old dose, so Cal/Mag deficiency caused all my issues... sigh. That's why I lost two seedlings of my last Blueberry Muffin grow and why the yield was so small in all but one plant. What a costly error, both in my sanity and income! I think I've had 5 rounds of seeds fully or partially fail.

Third batch attempt with Super Silver Haze seeds I was supposed to have started in January.

Soaking new seeds now, back to day ZERO, here's to a better tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom