This Guy's 1st Grow: Afgani and Jack Herer

Those plants in the party cups grew insanely fast! I can't even imagine how big they are now.

hahah, those picture were from the other day.. But I'll take more tomorrow. :) I've had to raise the light a few times a day, it's crazy. They love t5's! I saw another post with someone with red party cups and seedlings, who topped one and was happy with the results. So, I actually clipped a top of one of mine to just to see what would happen; and they are only 2 weeks old!

On a side note.. The first batch that is in veg is doing extremely well. The branches are so close together (starting to thing that might not be a good thing, no light to the center), they are about 22"-28" wide, 22"-28" tall and are all preflowering. I can't wait to put them all in the tent to bloom.

Ps. I know alot of you may be upset with this next statement.. But I actually rarely smoke anymore. I started smoking much younger and stopped a few years into college. I had/have ADHD and I was self medicating with weed. It actually took away all the bad hyperactivity associated with ADHD and mellowed me out to not get in trouble anymore. I mean I was getting arrested for stupid crap at least 1x a month. And that was around 20yrs ago and I haven't been in trouble with the law since.

On a side note. I smoked way too much back then and it started affecting my grades in college, as my ADHD turned into ADD with the help of bud. So I realized it and stopped smoking all day long. But I still have a love for it that I can't really explain. All of my friends smoke, so I like to keep a bag around the house for when they come over; it's kinda like having beer in the fridge for guests. haha. I totally think it should be legal and believe that it's not for everyone to smoke all the time. As for me, I love growing it and occasionally packing a bowl of the wonderful fruit of this plant.

Sorry for my rant, I just smoked. lol

The 4x8 veg room got way too crowded and the Afghani's really show that. I had to make room in there quick, so I put the Afghani's in the flowering tent to sex them. This is them on the 12/12 schedule:
IMG_07719.jpg

But I'm still waiting on delivery of the Can33 combo fan. I just have one of those rotating tower fans in there now with the a/c pumping in a lower vent tube. I think the temp should be ok for now:
IMG_07725.jpg

The other female Jack's are still in the veg closet and totally took over the available space. They are now wider than they are tall.
IMG_07655.jpg

IMG_07663.jpg

IMG_07698.jpg

IMG_07707.jpg

And these young ladies are waiting to get into the veg room now. So thing are getting backed up a little:
IMG_07676.jpg

Just ordered some seeds from Attitude, but I'll put that in another journal:

Order Inventory:
Product: G13 Labs Pineapple Express Feminized
Options: Feminized Seeds Per Pack - 05 Seeds
Quantity: 1
Product Code: G13748
Price: £39.99

Product: Green House Seeds Super Lemon Haze Feminized
Options: Feminized Seeds Per Pack - 05 Seeds
Product Code: GREY21/GH25AFEM
Price: £32.99

Product: UFO#3 Reserva Privada Cole Train Feminized
Product Code: FREE SEED
Price: £0.00

Product: UFO #2 DNA Genetics Sharksbreath

Product: UFO #1 DNA Rocklock Feminized

Just moved everything (except for the seedlings) into the flowering tent. In a few days, I'll pull the male Afghani's. I'll post new pictures next week. :)

Wow! Those shrubberies you're growing are insane man! I'll be interested to see how your flowering goes. I have 4 Jack Herer sprouts going. I hope they do half as well as yours appear to be doing.
:welldone:

Wow! Those shrubberies you're growing are insane man! I'll be interested to see how your flowering goes. I have 4 Jack Herer sprouts going. I hope they do half as well as yours appear to be doing.
:welldone:

Dude, as long as you keep a cool light (like a t5 or cfl) close to them, they will make a veg jungle. haha

Still looking great! I really like the Jack Herer. Its a great middle of the road smoke. Very stony, but not incapacitating and nice taste. It has a little bite to it. Before I stated growing again, when I got a bag of smoke like this I thought whoever had moved it had packed incense in the bag. Now I know that taste is just a subtle nuance of the smoke, and I like it. Also its very forgiving to grow and yields nicely every time. You can top, fim or lst it and it bounces right back.

You asked earlier about trimming underneath - Woodsman's answer was right on. I usually trim the fan leaves that form directly under a branch from the main stem. Its not mandatory, but if they are laying on top of each other, or blocking a bud site then they go.

Great stuff, bro. And the new seeds sound great as well.

:peace:

Still looking great! I really like the Jack Herer. Its a great middle of the road smoke. Very stony, but not incapacitating and nice taste. It has a little bite to it. Before I stated growing again, when I got a bag of smoke like this I thought whoever had moved it had packed incense in the bag. Now I know that taste is just a subtle nuance of the smoke, and I like it. Also its very forgiving to grow and yields nicely every time. You can top, fim or lst it and it bounces right back.

Thanks for this rundown on the Jack Herer strain Papa Green. I ordered those seeds a couple of months ago before I'd ever been to this site (so I obviously knew nothing!) The bud in the picture just looked tasty. From your description, it sounds like it was a good choice for an old stoner like me. :)
:thanks:

Out of the 4 Afghani's, I have 2 confirmed females and 1 male. Still waiting on the last to really show it's sex. Hopefully by the end of the day I'll be able to tell.

Classic Indica cross. Good luck with this strain. Just keep them there bugs under control and Mildew, you should be in good shape!

Classic Indica cross. Good luck with this strain. Just keep them there bugs under control and Mildew, you should be in good shape!

Thanks man. I just installed some of the ventilation, I used 2 inline duct fans and insulated ducting. The hood is cooling the correct way now. Cold a/c air from an inline duct fan, then blowing over the 600w, then back through more insulated ducting and out side the tent. The other fan went at the bottom of the tent also sucking in nice cold a/c air. The temp is now holding at 70.8 degrees with 48.4% humidity

Should have the can33 combo filter in sometime this week.

I've come to the conclusion I need to get batteries for my camera and stop using my iPhone. As, the pictures are kinda crappy. But here's a quick update to with the flowering tent. Better pictures to come soon.

IMG_07822.jpg

IMG_07813.jpg

IMG_07806.jpg

Looking great man, nice setup in the tent!

SG

Thanks! I just got the Can33 combo in, that thing is huge and heavy ("that's what she said", yeah bad joke). Not sure if the tent is going to be able to hold up 44 lbs... So that's going to be a project.

Thanks! I just got the Can33 combo in, that thing is huge and heavy ("that's what she said", yeah bad joke). Not sure if the tent is going to be able to hold up 44 lbs... So that's going to be a project.

You asked me why I do not have one and that is the real reason in the end because the XXXL hood is real heavy and throw that together with my inline, it is a lot of weight and I know a filter would not be able to be hung.

SG

Here's a quick pict update. Still waiting on getting a new camera. However, I bought a new USB microscope that should be here today or tomorrow.

IMG_08179.jpg

IMG_08164.jpg

IMG_08159.jpg

Back
Top Bottom