Timber Lights is now on the clock!

This is just a single COB led light. So it is doing pretty damn good considering. I can't say I have ever grow this nice of a plant with this little power.

I am not fully on board yet. To me it is not a either or thing. I will probably use both in different situations.

This light was pricey but it seems to be worth every penny

Up front, yes they are. But you'll recoup that over two or three grows with the electric savings. Plus they grow really, really good stuff. :D

Plants are looking excellent!

I was looking at those Kismet. Pretty cool idea. It gives you coverage and the ability to run them at different heights. Seeing how those 2 plants were grown under a single light. The daisy's produce 3 times that amount of light.

While I do like they way plants grow under these lights. It is going to be different having lots of stuff hanging from the top of the tent. The simplicity of a single HPS fixture is nice.

From what I am seeing. COB led's can grow good buds. I don't think they will ever out work a 1000 HPS. Things will never be equal between the 2. It is apples and oranges both great with differences that can't be compared. The power savings and power draw helps the timber lights back to being equal. I am going to have to change how I grow if I plan to use Timber lights exclusively. I do really like them and plan to order either 1 4VS and a 2VS or 2 2VS. I need them for summer grows. Plus they are the best thing going for small tents. I decided against getting one big fixture for the 50 x 50 tent. The ability to raise and lower just some of the lights comes in real handy.

Well the test went well. I didn't run into any problems that could have change the outcome. Both strains did well in both tents.

Choccrit, a strain of my own making produced literary the same amount in each tent. The Bubblicious strain had 2 totally different pheno's. The smaller of the 2 will probably be the smallest plant in the whole grow. I don't see it having anything to do with the light. This strain was not a good option for a test.

That is a 100 watt light compared to a 1000 watt light. I can only imagine what 1000 watt's of COB led's would do. So truth be told. They have replaced HID lights with a LED option. That being said. I feel they both have their place in a grow tent. Foot print is one of the major differences. I can grow more tall skinny plants under a HID light than I can with a LED light in the same space. I don't know that production would increase enough to replace whole plants. If I was running clones I would never use a HID light again. With clones you could run more mature plants in the same space. You would need to put them in flower sooner but with clones that wouldn't matter. Pretty sure you could get more production out of a 2 foot clone than you would a 2 foot plant that was put into flower before it showed sex. (Plants will flower faster and better if they have already shown sex before dropping the lights back.) Growing that same plant to maturity would take more time and space than a clone would.

I would highly suggest Timber COB led's to anyone. That says a lot coming from a old school guy like me. Price is still a major issue with LED lights. At least the good ones. Just because "This" LED light worked does not mean they all do. There are still a lot of lies told to people by light manufactures.

The best indicator that these lights are worth the price. I order 2 more set ups from Timber. I can now do a LED grow in my 60 x 60 tent when I choose too. Not sure when that will be. Probably the summer of 2021.

Back
Top Bottom