Timber Lights is now on the clock!

Jackalope

They will try and move this thread to "Lighting" but it is really a grower subject. Changing lighting is something most growers consider a lot.

I have grow all my plants in the last 25 years with HPS lights. Yesterday I ordered my first new LED lights from Timber Lights. It was 2 pm. They say 2 to 3 working days to build the lights then I will get a email when they ship. Another 3 to 5 days to me. So that's about a week from now I should have my new light in my sweaty little hands. Tic Toc Timber Lights LMAO.

The fact that they are now a sponsor here cinched it for me. I found it really hard to find the info I wanted on ready made COB led lights. Timber was a suggested light that I did find good info and they are in the USA. Support is supposed to be very good. I do know that the guy I talked with knew what he was talking about. Not sure he understood what I was talking about LMAO. Most everything I have found says they have great support. Now they are here I thought I would check into seeing how much they are paying attention.

Some seed banks that are here seem to know every time their name is mentioned. Just thought I would see if Timber is doing the same thing. That is why I am hoping they leave this thread here so growers can tell also.

For some that don't know. The switch between HPS and LED is not a easy decision to make. That also puts Timber Lights on the spot. I know what a HPS light can do. They say LED's can do the job. I will know if they can't. I have grown with just a adjusted HPS bulb and no MH for vegging. The adjusted HPS bulb does flower great and everything else OK. They say the 3500 K is the do it all light. I see it as a good comparison.

Well that didn't fly well. So much for Timber lights catching their name being mentioned. They might be monitoring the lighting section who knows. Not going there. Weird people hang out in the Lighting section LMAO.

I will still let you all know when I get the shipping notice. Might as well see if their timeline fits what they say. Nothing fancy in my order so there should be nothing to delay the order. It has been 2.5 days so far.

Are you going to journal your first grow using the Timber? I'd be interested in seeing that and your comments on LED. I've been using HID lighting since the early '90s and I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on the switch to LED.

They will try and move this thread to "Lighting" but it is really a grower subject. Changing lighting is something most growers consider a lot.

I have grow all my plants in the last 25 years with HPS lights. Yesterday I ordered my first new LED lights from Timber Lights. It was 2 pm. They say 2 to 3 working days to build the lights then I will get a email when they ship. Another 3 to 5 days to me. So that's about a week from now I should have my new light in my sweaty little hands. Tic Toc Timber Lights LMAO.

The fact that they are now a sponsor here cinched it for me. I found it really hard to find the info I wanted on ready made COB led lights. Timber was a suggested light that I did find good info and they are in the USA. Support is supposed to be very good. I do know that the guy I talked with knew what he was talking about. Not sure he understood what I was talking about LMAO. Most everything I have found says they have great support. Now they are here I thought I would check into seeing how much they are paying attention.

Some seed banks that are here seem to know every time their name is mentioned. Just thought I would see if Timber is doing the same thing. That is why I am hoping they leave this thread here so growers can tell also.

For some that don't know. The switch between HPS and LED is not a easy decision to make. That also puts Timber Lights on the spot. I know what a HPS light can do. They say LED's can do the job. I will know if they can't. I have grown with just a adjusted HPS bulb and no MH for vegging. The adjusted HPS bulb does flower great and everything else OK. They say the 3500 K is the do it all light. I see it as a good comparison.

funny I was looking at timber lights web site the other day and i thought to myself " who in their right mind would pay this much for a few cobs? "

there are way better deals out there.

Yeah could be. I do know I didn't find shit from other companies.

I don't want to build my own light plus I want good support if I am going to run them. After spending $69 for replacement bulbs for the last 25 years I did realize that those lights are high priced. Even higher than the crappy burple LED lights that have fell by the waist side when the COB led's came out. There used to be a time when they were better than HPS too LMAO.

There are also better ways for you to trash my idea for a new light. For one! I spent that kind of money not believing that it can do a better job than the HPS I am already using.

In the end it really doesn't matter. I wasn't spending your money so it is not your business. I do know that quality products are going to cost more. I would rather spend more for something that will last. Does the high price mean they are better? Who knows. I won't know till I try them.

Are you going to journal your first grow using the Timber? I'd be interested in seeing that and your comments on LED. I've been using HID lighting since the early '90s and I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on the switch to LED.

I wasn't planning on doing a special journal for the LED's. It will be next summer before I ever use them for flowering. For now they are mostly for veg. My Random Thoughts and Genetics journal will have all the info as it comes out. First up for the LED's is going to be clones or a male plant. Not sure which one yet. After that I will be using them for starts and veg. That part should start in a month or 2.

Hey man I c your going down the rabbit hole lmao. I have been using a 1000w hps for many years and I can’t let her go despite the energy savings. I to have had a hard time with deciding how I want to grow in the future. I run my hps beside my HLG 550 v2 and because I grow in a cold Canadian basement I need the heat and coverage the hps provides. I can’t wait to c how you feel because they both have pros and cons that can all be mitigated by skill set. I run hid and led in both veg and flower and I am still on the fence. Good luck with the new light I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

Hey bro you won’t be disappointed with @TimberGrowLights cobs. I made the switch early last year and will never go back!! Customer service is top notch as well, no matter the question they will find you an answer!!!

The main reason I won't know how these lights will flower. Is I am with KCCO 77. I need the added warmth from the HPS lights through most of the year. I won't be giving up my HPS any time soon LMAO.

When power consumption becomes a problem for me. Is when I am running multiple tents at once. If I have plants in flower some vegging and a couple clones getting busy. Even on a small scale that can eat up power. LED's can help me there a lot. Now all I need is a low power exhaust fan LMAO.

I am not sure on that yet LOL. It was mostly a smart ass comment. I did purchase a lower wattage 4" fan for the new small tent. It does not move as much air but it will work for where I planned on using it. I will be checking to see if it is only quiet because it moves less air and power. Paid more than I wanted for a fan that does less.

Cost is going to be there no matter what if you want a better working product. Not sure if I am ready for these higher priced fans or not. If they are better and noise levels are down they might be worth the investment.

With all the new electronics on the market. Quieter might be possible without loosing output.

I am not sure on that yet LOL. It was mostly a smart ass comment. I did purchase a lower wattage 4" fan for the new small tent. It does not move as much air but it will work for where I planned on using it. I will be checking to see if it is only quiet because it moves less air and power. Paid more than I wanted for a fan that does less.

Cost is going to be there no matter what if you want a better working product. Not sure if I am ready for these higher priced fans or not. If they are better and noise levels are down they might be worth the investment.

With all the new electronics on the market. Quieter might be possible without loosing output.

AC Infinity fans are awesome. I just ordered a 4" last night to go with my 6".

S4: 29w, 28dB, 205cfm

S6: 40w, 32dB, 351cfm

Both have an 8-speed controller. I have a 6" for my 4x4 tent, but could have used a 4". I went with the 6" because the 4" was just over the cfm I was looking for, and I figured running the 6" on a lower setting would be more beneficial than the 4" on a higher setting. (If that makes sense.)

I picked up a 4" for my little 4x2 tent last night on a whim. I was thinking I could have just used the 6" to pull from both, but then looking at all the extra parts for connection and whatnot, decided that another $20-$30 for its own fan was worth it in the long run.

10db-breathing-20db-whisper-light-snoring-25406152.png

I was originally going to get something cheaper. Can't remember the brand but something like iPower or a Vivosun. I'm so glad I didn't. The AC's cost more, yes, but power consumption and dB values are much lower, and in the long run the additional cost will pay for itself.

They also have a "T" line (T4, T6, etc) that also has a built-in temperature monitor to turn the fan on/off as needed. I could see that being helpful in some instances, like turning off the fan if it gets too cool, but for me and probably most indoor grows it seems like an unnecessary cost addition.

Great minds think alike lol. The 4" Infinity is the one I got. It said it was only 160 cfm. Maybe I read it wrong. It will do the job I got it for. I just don't know that it will work ok for my 48 x 24 x 60". I bought 2 of the Vivosun quiet fans last year. Their crap! They are louder than the regular Apollo's I have and move less air.

Glad to hear the Infinity's are as quiet as they say.

160cfm?

Guessing you have the S4, which is 204. ;)

An S4 on a 4x2 with a carbon filter will be just fine. That's what I'm putting it on. The S4 @205 would have been just enough for a 4x4, but then you're running it at max and with the S6 you're running it at like half. So I'll have an S6 on the 4x4, and an S4 on the 4x2.

Damn glad we were side tracking with this discussion. I went to check my amazon order for the items lined up for delivery today and...

oops... forgot to add the new S4! Oops!

Problem has been solved, but I'd have been scratching my head when it wasn't in the box with the rest of the stuff. :laughtwo: :ganjamon::rolleyes:

If you want to see what a Timber grow light can do, check out what it has done for me as someone new to growing. I have nothing to compare it to, but I did a ton of research before going with Timber. I could have built my own, but have been very happy with my Timber. Just go look at my journal.

Legalization is so cool. Now that they can do true research and design shit just for growing. Lots of great stuff coming on the market. We have been using the same old shit since the dawn of time LOL.

Back
Top Bottom