Tims First Hydro Grow- Tons of Pics! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, PPP

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

I'm looking at seeds...gonna go ahead and try to order and see how it works out

Papaya - Feminized, Honey B - Feminized, Strawberry Haze - Feminized, White Diesel Feminized, Blueberry - Feminized I don't have any experience with Feminized seeds. Can I take cutting / clones from them?

Nice selection. You can take clones from them. They work the same way that regular seeds do. The only difference is how the seeds are produced. Feminized seeds come from plants that were stressed out so bad that they turned into hermaphrodites. Then the pollen is taking from the Hermie plants and used to pollinated healthy females to make seeds. Doing that gives the seeds about a 90% chance of being female. So some people choose to steer clear of them.

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

Clipboard012.jpg

hey man what strain is this? they all look great but that one looks to be the best yielder.

hey man what strain is this? they all look great but that one looks to be the best yielder.

That one is Pure Power Plant. I have 3 of them, but this one by far is the best. Started them all from seed. Its weird because this was the smallest, most pathetic looking plant that I had in veg. Then once I put it into flowering it took off and is now the tallest plant other than my Lemon Skunk. Biggest buds too. I'm real excited about that one. The buds on the side branches are the same size as some of my other plants main colas. I'll definitely be keeping this one around.

Yeah...thanks I was wondering how the get feminized seeds...still alittle uncleafr but I think I get the jest of it!

Well, its pretty simple actually. They take a healthy female and they spray it with a chemical that stresses the plant out. It stresses the plant out so much that it becomes a hermaphrodite. So it produces bud and pollen on the same plant. So it pollinates itself and makes seeds. If you use those seeds, then your more than likely going to end up with hermaphrodite plants from those seeds. So instead of using those seeds, they collect the pollen from those stressed out hermaphrodites and they use it to pollinate healthy female plants. Then those females produce seeds which are "feminized seeds". I cant get into the chemistry of it, but pollen from a forced hermaphrodite plant, mixed with a healthy pure female creates these seeds. I heard that they spray Silver Nitrate on them to stress them out. Once in veg and once in flowering is all that it takes.

Those are some healthy looking ladies you have. And those buds, WOW!!!! Great job + rep

ah PPP. thats cool that it came back strong like that.

I know two chemicals can be used to herm plants are giberrelic acid and colloidal silver solutions. C.S. isn't really that hard to make u just need a silver dollar and a DC transformer and run a current through the pure silver in the water it will charge and release microscopic silver ions into the water and you run it for X hrs and end up with a Y ppm solution and it stresses wherever you spray it into making feminized pollen.

I bought some new equipment yesterday.

1 - 1000 Watt Harvest Sun MH/HPS Switchable Ballast
1 - 6" Extreme LumenAir Light Hood
1 - 1000 Watt Ushio Bulb
1 - 6" Valuline Blower
1 - 100' Roll of Black 3/4" Vynl Tubing.
2 - 50 Liter Bags of Hydrotron
16 - 3.5 Gallon Black Buckets
16 - 10" Net Pot Bucket Lids
2 - Via Aqua 562 GPH Water Pumps
and a whole bunch of tee's, elbows, garmets and other fittings.

I put everything together yesterday, for the most part. I need to move all of the plants to my flowering room and connect the lines and set up the pumps and timers.

The Ushio bulb seems to be a lot brighter than my Hortilux Super HPS bulb. It might just be my imagination though. Here's some pics.

SEEDLING/CLONE ROOM
DSC_01541.jpg

VEG ROOM - (These plants are going into flowering today)
DSC_0149.jpg

FLOWERING ROOM
t26.jpg

DSC_01572.jpg

DSC_01593.jpg

Lucky you on your new additions to you grow room. Those Veg. plants look super healthy. Good luck and great job...

nice expansion. metal halide do appear brighter because they have a better visual spectrum of light, I figure. you're camera compensates for the actual increased light of the hps by dropping the shutter speed but there's less of the visual spectrum to capture either way. same thing with the your eye's aperture (pupil).

nice expansion. metal halide do appear brighter because they have a better visual spectrum of light, I figure. you're camera compensates for the actual increased light of the hps by dropping the shutter speed but there's less of the visual spectrum to capture either way. same thing with the your eye's aperture (pupil).

I have a digital SLR camera. I manually adjust my shutter, Iso, aperture and all that other good stuff.

When I wrote that my new bulb seemed brighter, I was referring to my new HPS bulb. Not MH. The different brand seemed to be a lot brighter, since my other bulb is only 2 months old.

So here we go. I havens been to the site in a couple weeks. I've added tons of new stuff. I added 16 more buckets, bringing me to a total of 38 buckets all together. I've gotten new reservoirs, I added CO2 to my flowering room, I bought a new RO system that I mounted to the wall, new fans.... I bought new seeds (Super Lemon Haze), and Im sure Im leaving out a few things.

On top of the new additions to my rooms, I'll be harvesting my Lemon Skunk tomorrow morning. Then a few days or maybe a week later, I'll be harvesting my OG Kush, then my PPP and finally my Great White Shark. Things are really getting exciting.

Here are a couple picture of my trichomes. Im not sure which plant these are from, but I thought I'd share the cool pictures.

Trichomes21.jpg

Trichomes3.jpg

I'll be posting more soon. It just a hassle having to go through each picture and re-size the ones I want to put up. Dont really have the time I guess.

Anyway... let me know what you think... enjoy.

oooooooooh, so good!
Sounds like you have made serious progress.
Check out LabRat's new findings that 50/50 clear/milky is an optimal state for trichs to harvest!

Yeah... I've heard a few things like that. I was waiting for 10% clear, 10% amber and 80% milky. There's a lot of stuff going around about when the perfect time to harvest is, like 50/50 cloudy/amber, some people still think that the hairs turning amber is the time to harvest....

I've been taking one bud from each plant, each week. I have them labled. One that I took 2 weeks ago I smoked the other day was super potent!! It put me on my butt. I have some weed from a local collective that is supposed to be one of there best and that didnt even come anywhere to comparing with what I smoked from my plant. I couldnt do anything but stare at my monitor for about 30 minutes straight. Usually I can function, but not this time. At least not for the first 30 minutes. And 2 weeks ago, I think I was around 30/70 clear/milky. So Im sure what LabRat is talking about is pretty right on.

The only bad thing about harvesting at 50/50 clear/milky is you lose out on yield. So I wonder if its really worth it.

nice trichs man. wait what kind of bulb was much brighter than what kind? ushio is brighter than hortilux? hmmmmm where di you get it?

Yeah. The Ushio seems brighter than the Hortilux. I bought it from Discount Hydro in Riverside, CA. Hortilux has only 2 months on it. The Ushio doesnt even have a month on it. So I dont know how fast bulbs fade out, but the Ushio seems brighter. Could just be because the spectrum is a little different.

Very nice pics. Won't be long. Great job....

Very nice pics. Won't be long. Great job....

I just harvested my Lemon Skunk this morning. I'll be posting pictures soon.

Oh.... and I now know how it got the name skunk. The whole time I was manicuring the buds I was wondering to myself if it was me that smelt like dirty ass or if it was the plant. Yeah... so it wasnt the best smelling. Kinda like musty arm pit, crossed with a bucket of unions that have cut grass sprinkled on them.

You got it StinkFinger.....

So I havent posted much in the past few weeks. Been very busy with everything. I run a Computer Networking Company, have 2 kids, a wife... and Im starting a collective, while taking care of these plants.... So I'm pretty busy... but here they go.

Some of my new toys and my one plants harvest today. I'll be harvesting the rest of my plants in the next week or two.

Here she is... my Lemon Skunk from GreenHouse Seed. All together I weighed in 177.2 grams. So after everything is all dry, I'm expecting maybe an ounce and a half. Pretty good for this skinny Sativa dom.
DSC_02772.jpg

I'm 5'11" to give you something to scale it to.
DSC_0281.jpg

DSC_02921.jpg

177.2 Grams wet.
DSC_03052.jpg

Main Cola.... small, but it packs a punch.
DSC_03042.jpg

I swear... they were a lot more white. Once they sat and dried out a bit, they started to turn this golden color.
DSC_0297.jpg

Thats all thats left of her. Poor girl.
DSC_0296.jpg

Made some hash...
DSC_03371.jpg

A few of my new toys...

100 Gallon Per Day RO system. Brings my 285 ppm tap water to 3ppm.
DSC_0336.jpg

Hash Bags hanging out to dry after a job well done.
DSC_03351.jpg

Added CO2 to my flowering room. Im still trying to get all of my vent fans and CO2 are the right schedules.
DSC_02482.jpg

Now for a quick look at my 3 rooms....

My Seedling/Clone room
DSC_0330.jpg

My Veg Room. I just transferred these plant over here today.
DSC_03292.jpg

.... and here's my flowering room and some nice bud shots....
DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_02442.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

Clipboard013.jpg

I lifted the camera up pretty high. This picture didnt come out too well.
DSC_03332.jpg

And.. thats about it for now. From the looks of the Trich's, my OG Kush is going to be next. I'm just waiting to see just a few more amber heads. I dont really see any yet. Maybe on or two every here and there. So Im expecting to chop that puppy down between Monday and Wednesday next week. The after that my 3 PPP's will be coming down, then my Great White Shark. The Great White Shark's trich's are all pretty much clear right now. I'm glad too. Theres not very good bud formation on that. So Im hoping that it will fill in a little more before harvest time.

Thanks for checking out my grow. Leave me a comment letting me know what you think...

Back
Top Bottom