To top or not to top

Ffhf and ffof mixed. I've grown about 5 autos total and have 6 going atm. Have killed over 10 by newbness. The 2 bigger are in 5g pots 4 others in 3. Size matters apparently with autos. Size varies greatly. I've grown a 1' auto and a 4.5' auto (my avatar).
Thanks "Jose",,,gives me good input, if I may ask what were the probs on the 10 or so U killed, just for my education???

Thanks "Jose",,,gives me good input, if I may ask what were the probs on the 10 or so U killed, just for my education???
Every way imaginable from overwatering to over fertilized to just sprouting and stalling to losing seeds in the soil. I don't have good luck with autos at all and contrary to popular belief their more difficult to grow imo. But my last one made me give them another go.

IMG_20210225_172014869.jpg

IMG_20210225_171916476.jpg

IMG_20210216_184254117.jpg

I probably underestimated the number I killed or didn't make it. 5 finished plants. Here's my auto buying history. A 12 mix pack from crop king 4 made it to harvest. About 10 different seeds from gcs and only the auto cheese freebie above made it. Recently purchased these 20 420 ww autos planted 5 all sprouted and 1 stalled. My best luck so far. Also purchased 5 critical purp and 3 bubblegum and got 3 free bubblegum and purchased 3 candy kush.. Planted 2 of each and only the candy kush made it. The bubblegum didn't sprout and only one of the critical purp did but died shortly after. Have 15 ww left, 4 bubblegum, 3 critical and 1 candy kush left

It's grower preference. Mine is to wait until a healthy (full size) 5th node, in this case it was Day 18, then top above 4 or 5. Then I remove under 4. As I said, it's grower preference through experiment and experience.

Topping.jpg

DSCN2333 (2).JPG

DSCN2344 (2).JPG
Thank you skirk for taking the time and making such good pictures and description of what you do. Its a great example of topping that will help me and probably many others. Its not that easy to find a clear explanation of this. InTheShed has some good stuff too.

Back
Top Bottom