To top or not to top

Salcapone39

67BD7EBB-143C-41F2-9FB4-93BEF4723E7E.jpeg

This is my purple haze auto it’s just grown to 6 nodes I believe and can’t decide if I should top or not ? Been reading up and lots say autos shouldn’t be topped as it stunts growth so not sure what to do?

This is my purple haze auto it’s just grown to 6 nodes I believe and can’t decide if I should top or not ? Been reading up and lots say autos shouldn’t be topped as it stunts growth so not sure what to do?
Unless you have experience with autos, I'd leave her be. Did you get a chance to read any journals regarding autos? From what I have read they can easily become stunted. I don't touch them personally so I can't comment from my experience just what I have read. It might be beneficial to hear from an auto grower that has experience. Happy growing my friend. :thumb:

Topping stunts growth on all plants. You want a shorty runt. Go ahead and top it.

You want a shorty runt. Go ahead and top it.
I've only got 37" floor to light, so that's exactly what I was going for when I topped this auto above node#3...She only yielded 7.5 zips...pretty badly stunted, I'd say...

Wedding Cheesecake.jpeg

E55B58A2-B0AA-482C-BADA-3D126B7FC1D7.jpeg

This is a pic from today just gone past 3rd node , thanks so much for all the advice and replies really appreciated

I've only got 37" floor to light, so that's exactly what I was going for when I topped this auto above node#3...She only yielded 7.5 zips...pretty badly stunted, I'd say...
Your plant is awesome! Can I ask how big did you let it get before you topped it ? And did you top it only once?

E55B58A2-B0AA-482C-BADA-3D126B7FC1D7.jpeg

This is a pic from today just gone past 3rd node , thanks so much for all the advice and replies really appreciated

It's grower preference. Mine is to wait until a healthy (full size) 5th node, in this case it was Day 18, then top above 4 or 5. Then I remove under 4. As I said, it's grower preference through experiment and experience.

Topping.jpg

DSCN2333 (2).JPG

DSCN2344 (2).JPG

These were topped. Do they look stunted to you or short?
If you have to ask.... lol. my plants are at the ceiling. Plenty of bud sites.

Not AUTOs tho. Why they get 15 feet tall.

20210224_193644.jpg
20210224_193711.jpg

Can I ask how big did you let it get before you topped it ? And did you top it only once?
It was 12 days old, I topped above node#3
as soon as there was enough node #4 to cut off,I cut it off....
Yes, topped only once, then quadlined.

I grow AUTOs sometimes, they good to grow in my VEG room. They dont get big and take up too much room. I can get a decent haul but I gotta grow 10 or 20.

All good if I'm working for nothing and my seeds are free!

I grow AUTOs sometimes, they good to grow in my VEG room. They dont get big and take up too much room. I can get a decent haul but I gotta grow 10 or 20.

All good if I'm working for nothing and my seeds are free!
What do you consider a decent haul? I just yielded 5oz from this auto and I consider that a hell of a haul all things considered. I thought it was going to be a 2-3 oz plant. Probably could have fit 3 more this size in my 2×4 tent.

IMG_20210216_184254117.jpg

IMG_20210224_182337755.jpg

Back
Top Bottom