Trade Secret: Compost Tea Recipe

a scientific study for you to read
Hey deanwest, i would like to learn, come over to my thread and help me out a little, i can handle the criticizm lol

You have also made a huge mistake in assuming that there are more microbes in a handful of compost than in a bucket of a properly made tea. This statement is so over the top full of speculation, and seriously mistaken speculation at that, that your entire call for scientific study becomes laughable.

You talk science... ok, prove this to us with a grow of your own. No teas, no microbial inoculations... just compost. Let's see how you do. I challenge you to do what I did in 5 gallon containers on my last documented grow... where I used nothing but a microbial injection product, or the several grows before that where I used my own specially brewed teas. Let's see your results based on your hypothesis, and then we can talk science.
We grew 12 foot plants last year at the farm with just cow shit in 15 gallon pots. They were so massive the branches kept breaking from the buds. There was No compost. No teas. Just cow shit.

My friends dad had an amazing amended soil from just compost when we were younger. He actually had a kiwi tree (this is in British columbia) where he had to send away for the pollen and pollinate each flower to get them produce kiwis. This guy was legitimate horticulturist)

We threw 2 cherry bomb, 2 ak47 and 2 northern lights (as the aka and the nl was the best photo period strain) for our region into his garden. The plants grew 9 feet tall and we got 5 lbs off of 6 plants.
No compost tea. Just a garden that had compost worked into it every year.

So no Emilyia I dont have to do a side by side to talk science with you.

Your pro tea. I'm pro compost.
It's like a prolife vs a pro choice.

If your right and the author of that myth of compost tea is wrong. Then maybe you should do your own hypothesis and send it in to him and you guys can talk science.

I believe studies done by scientists not growers. I mean no disrespect by that either. I'm happy your teas work for you. And your plants look great. Maybe I did generalize a bit much but there are MULTIPLE studies done it's a myth and the only ones promoting it are the compost tea manufactures and living soil producers.

Mack, You are over generalizing I think. I don't believe that you can get enough microbial activity to keep a grow going, using only compost in a 5 gal or smaller container. Everything has to be perfect to keep those microbes going in smaller containers and tap water or any number of things can go wrong to stop the organic feeding cycle in a small container. It is for these folks, those who don't have the time and space to do 10-20 gallon grows, where compost teas make the difference and allow them to do an organic grow in a 3 gallon container.

Also, your handful of compost does not specialize in specific microbes needed to process specific nutrients, as a proper compost tea can do. In this analogy, one can liken your handful of compost as a shotgun approach, whereas with a targeted tea, one can specifically target a specific element that is needed, like a rifle centering in on a target.

Which was honestly a nightmare to read but it did side by sides on no teas and teas but not just one tea . They pick everything apart and make it a bunch of bullshit no one can understand , they take the plant matter the roots Do analysis on all of them , measure the root growth and how much actual plant yeiId , so everything is all there . have a hard time explaining myself and it honestly makes me look very stupid at times.

But think about it you take your compost and dry it out like your pots do , water it and I guarantee there will not be the same microbial life in your compost and the more times it dries out thoe more you loose. My first organic grow shows what not adding anything to the grow but compost and water will result I. Major deficiencies by the time mid flower rolls around

And when growig with compost.or amended soil your not supposed to let it dry out. You keep it moist at all times to keep the microbial life alive so that would be a bad comparison.
Heres a great read on microbial life on dry wet cycles of soil.
Like i said. I'm into academic science and published authors not growers side by sides at home.

I dont need to do a side by side to prove scientists wrong. It's why their scientists. And if forum growers were right and everyone else wrong. Then those foorum growers should be publishing books.

I dont need to convince you guys. And you dont need to convince me. If it works for you that's awsome. And I'm glad to hear. And I wish you best success. And will even look you up emilia when I go back to organic growing. Thamk you for the conversations and the bouncing off ideas off eachother. Good luck to you both.

We grew 12 foot plants last year at the farm with just cow shit in 15 gallon pots. They were so massive the branches kept breaking from the buds. There was No compost. No teas. Just cow shit.

My friends dad had an amazing amended soil from just compost when we were younger. He actually had a kiwi tree (this is in British columbia) where he had to send away for the pollen and pollinate each flower to get them produce kiwis. This guy was legitimate horticulturist)

We threw 2 cherry bomb, 2 ak47 and 2 northern lights (as the aka and the nl was the best photo period strain) for our region into his garden. The plants grew 9 feet tall and we got 5 lbs off of 6 plants.
No compost tea. Just a garden that had compost worked into it every year.

So no Emilyia I dont have to do a side by side to talk science with you.

Your pro tea. I'm pro compost.
It's like a prolife vs a pro choice.

If your right and the author of that myth of compost tea is wrong. Then maybe you should do your own hypothesis and send it in to him and you guys can talk science.

I believe studies done by scientists not growers. I mean no disrespect by that either. I'm happy your teas work for you. And your plants look great. Maybe I did generalize a bit much but there are MULTIPLE studies done it's a myth and the only ones promoting it are the compost tea manufactures and living soil producers.

And when growig with compost.or amended soil your not supposed to let it dry out. You keep it moist at all times to keep the microbial life alive so that would be a bad comparison.
Heres a great read on microbial life on dry wet cycles of soil.
Like i said. I'm into academic science and published authors not growers side by sides at home.

I dont need to do a side by side to prove scientists wrong. It's why their scientists. And if forum growers were right and everyone else wrong. Then those foorum growers should be publishing books.

I dont need to convince you guys. And you dont need to convince me. If it works for you that's awsome. And I'm glad to hear. And I wish you best success. And will even look you up emilia when I go back to organic growing. Thamk you for the conversations and the bouncing off ideas off eachother. Good luck to you both.
Thanks for the comments Mack, and you are right, there are many ways to grow this plant and many shortcuts that can be taken and as long as we are all getting good harvests, none of us are wrong in the methods and techniques that we use.
I do disagree with you on the point about scientists being the only ones able to do valid studies and that home based side by sides are useless. First of all, how many scientists are actually studying the growing of cannabis? Or lets fine tune it down a bit more... how many scientists are right now studying the best ways to grow under LED lights? How many are specifically and directly studying MegaCrop and the other Vegan Fertilizers? How many scientists have been offered a commission to compare Fox Farm Nutrients against General Organics such as a typical home grower might do? When you think about the absurdity of your premise, that valid comparative studies only come out of institutionalized academia, I can come up with 100 examples to prove you wrong.

So if you wish to wait for the scientists to catch up with what I have done in my last 4 or 5 journals to prove this thing or the other, that is fine. Maybe someday you will get the official and notarized documentation and studies from the real scientists to back up my work and you will be able to definitively say that THIS is the say to grow pot. Until then, we on the FRONT LINES continue to experiment, develop new methods and come up with new realizations about this plant. I choose to believe the hobbyists over the guys in the lab coats who have been employed to tell me one lie or another so as to make their product and/or organization look good. Those who say they have no trust in the basement grower's analytical abilities and argue using other people's studies and words to make their point that the hobbyist and their conclusions are in someway inferior to the actual paid to do it for a living scientist... I simply note your objection and move on. There are a 1000 ways to skin a cat... in the laboratory is just one of them. Oh by the way... I am working on publishing a book and so have many other forum growers. When I was awarded my PhD I was told that the meaning of this degree was that I am expected to excel and innovate in any field that I set my mind to, especially economics. I may not be a scientist in a lab coat, but my mind has been trained to analyze and solve problems, and I bring those abilities to the cannabis world via my journals and my writing. I feel that my conclusions are just as valid as any study that might be done in a lab and my experiments are managed and analyzed just as carefully as if they were in that controlled environment.

Lastly, just how much info do you expect to get out of academia regarding the growing of pot? Do you honestly think that your typical geek in a lab coat is typically the type of person to grow pot or where most of the information about what we do is coming from? No sir, it comes from the front lines.... from the people who have grown under various challenging conditions and learned how to overcome them. This, "I'll wait for the scientists" attitude is simply a tool that is too commonly used in online forums to try to silence someone who has a good point to make, and I reject that deflective argument totally, especially from non-scientists.

Back
Top Bottom