Training methods for outdoor garden

It sounds like your plant is going really awesome. I think the drooping you describe is just what naturally happens when the sun goes down, mine have all done that too, and then when the sun comes out the next day the leaves all perk up again.

So much to take in. What an incredible forum! A simple question, should an outdoor plant in a 5 gal container of well draining soil, six weeks old, 14" high, greener than most limes, no visible leaf issues and having every appearance of thriving during direct southern California sun in April, 'droop' when the sun goes down? I am watering at four day intervals and only enough to see the container drain with runoff, no more. Started fox farm grow big & big bloom last week at one tsp of each in half gal of RO h20. I don't understand the drooping. I apologize for no photo, I'm an old fart, no smart phone to make that convenient. Should my otherwise gorgeous looking plant droop after dark? What am I missing here? Appreciate every constructive reply, thank you!
Hi Beardog.. I am no expert at all, but all the plants I have had, have all "drooped" at sunset.. they going to sleep I guess :) ..

Leappy thanks! I am reading like there's no tomorrow and 420 is just incredible as a resource, but I haven't yet come across any comment on the drooping thing at dark. So your 'going to sleep' analogy makes sense. And at the moment it's all I've got, lol. So much to learn. And scary fun with my first plant.

Stunger I also appreciate your reply! As you shared, first light and the plant reverts to full on perky with a totally thriving attitude. I will relax with this. Out of curiosity, do folks give their plants names? I've been saying 'the plant'. Sounds a little cold and sterile. Think I'm going to name her Betty. Sounds warm and full of life...

Leappy thanks! I am reading like there's no tomorrow and 420 is just incredible as a resource, but I haven't yet come across any comment on the drooping thing at dark. So your 'going to sleep' analogy makes sense. And at the moment it's all I've got, lol. So much to learn. And scary fun with my first plant.
420 is fantastic.. so much info and such knowledgeable growers.. I guess you never stop learning and here is definately the place to do it Beardog.. good luck and keep posting, love to see how you do with your grow :bongrip:

So hello to everyone who participated in this thread earlier, hats off. Hope you all had a wonderful growing season and are now enjoying the fruits of your labour. Happy holidays as well.

This summer I tried LST and Topping, as well as leaving 1 to grow naturally. From my own experience this summer, the topped plants produced the most crowns. My own term, I define a crown as a flower top 20cm or larger.

Topping occurred when the plants were about 150cm high, and I took off 20-30cm of the main stem. Most plants produced about 12-15 crowns. The best producer had 20 crowns. o_O

Sorry no pics at the moment, cheers everybody!

Here is some wind proof training for seriously windy spots.
IMG_20191228_152106.jpg
IMG_20191228_152053.jpg
IMG_20191228_152032.jpg

Back
Top Bottom