Transplanting during early flowering?

Anoobis

I have 3 plants in a very small space, a smidge over 3 square feet for the base. Height of the box is about 4ft, so they need to be short. 1 has just shown 2 white pistols today but I am unsure about the sex of the other two as yet. Its pretty crowded and I knew 3 plants would be too much, but I was allowing for the possibility of males. Assuming the other 2 plants are male, I will have some space to spare and spread the girl out, including pot size. Would transplanting in a day or two to a bigger pot cause too much stress, or would it recover and benefit from a much larger root potential?

Hmmm

I swear all my DWC girls roots get even bigger in flower

I just up potted some Hempy girls last week

I figure, if they are hurting in early flower, it will just get worse, so why not up pot if they need it

But that's me

I'm a hydro grower and they definitely keep growing for us.
I swear all my DWC girls roots get even bigger in flower
Not sure if that has to do with the constant (excess) flow of nutrients....in soil the plant has finite nutrients and/or space and in flower will use them for flower, not root growth. I follow the idea of build the root ball in veg, and the root ball supports the flowering.
I figure, if they are hurting in early flower, it will just get worse, so why not up pot if they need it
I didn't see any mention of them hurting

But, as always, Caveat Emptor and 100% money back guarantee on advice given (and taken ) :)

Here's my root mass from an auto. Can't grow that in the time they veg for lol. I'd say maybe a third of that was done during the veg phase.
B1D6B3D1-57EA-4B52-88E9-10DB3A38D102.jpeg

Well, it turns out 2 were male and just one female. After I culled the patriarchy my once packed canopy is looking mighty sparse. I can see how much stretch they had competing against each other for space and light in such a tiny space. I think I will pot out into a larger container and hit with some fresh season for the stress. But at least I have a female cutting, and I plan on using it to grow one much larger plant where once there were 3.

Back
Top Bottom