Transplanting during flower?

datrippp

Has anyone ever transplanted a plant thats about 3/4 of the way through flower? I did an experiment using some 1 gal pots, and think it may have been a bad idea..LOL. They look ok, but have stopped growing it seems. Im thinking maybe root bound, but not sure if I should T.P. or just see where they go. Should be harvesting in about 2-3 weeks, So should I maybe try 1 and see what happens. lol. I think I really shorted my yield on these by screwing around with the smaller pots.
P.S. also, it has gotten cold in the room, down to about 62, is that really cold enough to cause issues? 80 is the normal temp, lights on, and 74 is normal in dark...
Thanks for any input...

Re: Transplanting during flower ?

Hey datrippp, I grew in 1 gallon pots till the end and found that they were not rootbound but short and yielded about a quarter oz. per plant with cfl's. I don't know how much of a shock the transplant and your temp change would hurt, but seems like it may be a bit too late. That's just my opinion though, if you end up doing just one, let us know how it stands up next to the others. :goodluck:

Re: Transplanting during flower ?

I would just suggest keeping them the way they are since you are so close to harvest. But hey, if you really want to try to transplant and use only one plant to see how it works, let us know what happens! But if you are deciding to clone, then now you know to put them into a bigger pot if you want a larger harvest. Good luck and let us know what you decided! :thumb:

dont do that . next time try smaller vs. larger containers , for proof . in my limited exp. transplanting durrin flower stalls everything by aboot two - three weeks . recovery time [mild shock ] .

Back
Top Bottom