Treating Sciatica Pain With Cannabis? Share Your Regimen, Please

I love the way this community watches out for each other. :hug::hug::hug:

Damn, I love you guys!

A simple back stretch you can do lying or sitting models what you see football players doing during warm ups prior to a game. It can be done sitting in a chair or on the floor. Slowly lean over as if trying to grab your toes. For most with back pain it's more like trying to grab your shins or maybe your knees. Keep the back straight and lean until you are feeling a good stretch without sharp pain. Next reach one hand toward the opposite toe/shin/knee/thigh - only as far as you can stretch without pain. then switch to the other side. stretches should be slow and easy and without sharp pain shooting through anywhere. Do several reps a few times a day. You can find these and other stretches online. Talk to your doctor or therapist first.

I'll hang out & try to be insightful. LoL
:passitleft:

Long time chronic pain patient, fused from S1 to L3. Been off opiates & Benzos since Nov 2016. I treat my pain with cannabis alone..... the occasional Advil if I'm having a bad day.
:thumb:

I've been treating with heavy doses of CBD at bedtime, and THC throughout the day to help with associated mental health issues.

Once I was able to find a good balance, my overall quality of life has improved greatly.

There's no "magic bullet" but if I can continue to suppress SOME of my symptoms, the other aches are manageable.

I'll hang out & try to be insightful. LoL
:passitleft:

Long time chronic pain patient, fused from S1 to L3. Been off opiates & Benzos since Nov 2016. I treat my pain with cannabis alone..... the occasional Advil if I'm having a bad day.

I've been treating with heavy doses of CBD at bedtime, and THC throughout the day to help with associated mental health issues.

Once I was able to find a good balance, my overall quality of life has improved greatly.

There's no "magic bullet" but if I can continue to suppress SOME of my symptoms, the other aches are manageable.

It’s so satisfying to read how cannabis helps manage chronic pain. :hug: Preston, can you be a little more specific as to your doses and scheduling? Talk on the streets is that a balanced 1:1 works best, but I’ve a sneaking suspicion that this may not be carrying out the same way in the real world.

My basic approach to dosing is start with the bedtime dose. If you can get restful sleep you can handle most anything hat comes your way.

It’s so satisfying to read how cannabis helps manage chronic pain. :hug: Preston, can you be a little more specific as to your doses and scheduling? Talk on the streets is that a balanced 1:1 works best, but I’ve a sneaking suspicion that this may not be carrying out the same way in the real world.

My basic approach to dosing is start with the bedtime dose. If you can get restful sleep you can handle most anything hat comes your way.
I'm not totally sure about the CBD dose, because I've never had my buds tested, but my oil is made from a 30:1 (Candida, Dr. Seedsman, Pink Kush CBD) with a ratio of 1oz to 1cup oil.

I mostly make gummies with this oil, we take them at bedtime, so I also infuse 10mg of melatonin per dose.

This seems to ensure a good night sleep & waking up with less aches & stiffness.

I've also done a "daytime" version that was infused with Turmeric for aches, and Vitamins B & C for a little pep in yo step. They were great, but we always forgot to take them. I'm convinced that CBD works better when taken on a scheduled daily dose.

On to the THC..... lol

I've got a bunch of mental health issues from my time in the service. I smoke flower (mostly) and occasionally rosin on an all day/everyday basis. It would be hard to gauge what real doses I'm ingesting daily. Generally about an oz a week.
But.... I'm comfortable now, more than I ever was on pharmaceuticals

I would be interested in this as I have a partially degenerative disc that's always causing some discomfort, but about once a year I get put down hard. Additionally, I suffer from painful neuropathy in my feet. it gets where I don't even wanna walk. If a suppository could help with either, I'd gladly stuff one right up my butt! It's hard to be active with all the pain, so I have gained some weight over the years. It's hard to swallow the shape I'm in now when I used to able to run a mile in under 7 minutes. It'd take me 20 now... All I wanna do is walk without having to focus on the pain all the time.

I would be interested in this as I have a partially degenerative disc that's always causing some discomfort, but about once a year I get put down hard. Additionally, I suffer from painful neuropathy in my feet. it gets where I don't even wanna walk. If a suppository could help with either, I'd gladly stuff one right up my butt! It's hard to be active with all the pain, so I have gained some weight over the years. It's hard to swallow the shape I'm in now when I used to able to run a mile in under 7 minutes. It'd take me 20 now... All I wanna do is walk without having to focus on the pain all the time.

Have you ordered any supplies yet Scottsquatch? I’ve gotten to where I use one every day now, and I’m walking around pain-free. I don’t have sciatica pain, but you have nothing to lose in trying. Also, have you tried any topicals on the feet, to see if that’d do anything for the neuropathy pain?

I‘m studying cannabis and pain at the moment, and all the data suggests a 1:1 ratio is the best choice for chronic pain. We’ve conditioned ourselves to go with high-THC, and that choice may be complicating pain management with less relief than 1:1. Preston is showing us how effective it can be to incorporate CBD into the regimen.

Back
Top Bottom