Trichome reading

Besmirched1

Found this and thought I'd drop it here.

Found this and thought I'd drop it here.

This is a good find. Thanks for posting. I am reading ti and really like this statement so far:

"Early studies have also hypothesized that THC protects against ultraviolet (UV) radiation, as cannabis plants produce significantly elevated levels of THC when exposed to higher levels of UVB radiation, possibly resulting in the development of geographical chemotypes (Pate, 1983). A recent study found that CBD could be a potential sunscreen additive as its application to human keratinocyte and melanocyte cells led to improved cell viability after exposure to UVB radiation, suggesting that cannabinoids protect cells against this type of potentially DNA-damaging radiation and supporting the geographical chemotype hypothesis (Gohad et al., 2020). These findings indicate that cannabinoids may be secreted and concentrated around flowers to protect the reproductive organs – and thereby the next generation – from the effects of sun damage; genotypes that originate from closer to the equator will produce higher levels of cannabinoids due to the higher incidence of UVB radiation in that region."

Just a thought, but Indica being a more higher altitude loving and shorter stockier type plant could be why it's chemistry make up is different with regards to trichome, and terpene make-up. As in the lack of distance for light to travel thus not as much loss and the thinness of the atmosphere. Less diffusion of light. ??

Great to have you all here. Just really dropping some interesting reading and developing a bit of a theory. Any thoughts, ideas, comments or information is more than welcomed. I found this by the same guys, they only seem focused on plant science.

Great to have you all here. Just really dropping some interesting reading and developing a bit of a theory. Any thoughts, ideas, comments or information is more than welcomed. I found this by the same guys, they only seem focused on plant science.

These are both fantastic reads. I was very much like to take some notes and come back here and chat about some theoretical ideas. It's so refreshing to know that your mind is where it is, I say it a lot but that eagerness to explore more is so gratifying to see in this field. Be back soon new friend!

Cheers Krissi, I really appreciate that.
I find I have very different goals from others where growing is concerned.
However, I have never found the need to be anything but supportive and free with my knowledge and experiences.
I find most of society to be self motivated and greedy, and struggle with the need to be better than....
I hope anything information I post encourages others to come up with new ways and ideas and that we can foster a positive approach to growing the collective knowledge base.

I found this to be interesting reading, I was thinking about how much plants love the sun, thunderstorms and rain. Ion exchange in the atmosphere especially during a thunderstorm and how awesome plants look the next morning. If you could impart the right charge either between the lighting rig and the plant or find a way to seperate charges in the water? it could possibly help uptake rates it add that element missing in light frequency.

Happy reading all.

Blanchard [1955, 1966], Gathman and Trent [1968], Gathman and Hoppel [1970], and Reiter [1994] have studied the formation of charged droplets resulting from the busting of bubbles on the water surface and sea spray.

Assuming the negative ions being created are a good thing, I wonder if this is actually one of the reasons a bubble cloner works so well? I always thought it was the water droplets and maximum air that encouraged the rapid root formation, but maybe the negative particles also play a role.

:hmmmm:

Seems there have been a few studies done. I agree Azimuth. There is something else here though... Not quite got the light bulb moment yet. It will come to me eventually.

Maybe this would speak to the benefits of having a bucket of water with an air stone constantly running in your grow space. The popping bubbles adding negative ions to the air and giving you at least a mini version of the sea spray.

I think if you add the uptake information and soil profile charge along with the enhanced oxygenation and extra Ion creation via static exchange on the water surface tension created by droplets allows for better transmission of nutrients, especially those negatively charged. That said, phosphorus seems to be the only one that binds to soil minerals to allow greater dispersion. I wonder if this is why banana skins soaked in water makes this readily available to the plant?

Still want a thunderstorm in a tent though!

This would seem to consolidate the theory. Now to work out how to simulate a thunderstorm in a grow room.

lol. just get an ionizer. that's exactly what it does, it used to be the cool dudes way of scrubbing the odour as well before carbon scrubbers. they were also dangerous and turned your walls black like black mold.

Back
Top Bottom