Trichs turning from cloudy to clear?

Fredthesmoker

Hello. Got a question about trichomes. I know the time for harvest by looking at the color, and i got a good lupe. But my latest harvests i have experienced, that the trichomes are changing color from cloudy to clear. Anyone tried the same ?

I got these critical+ 2.0 in week 7+1 from flip, and yesterday they looked really finished with cloudy. But today they are looking pretty clear.

I watered them today. Could that be the reason ?

Screenshot_20210902-223314_Gallery.jpg

Hey Fred, for checking trichs ignore the fan leaves and sugar leaves since they ripen faster than the buds themselves, snip a small section of top calyx and lay it on a table then prop your loupe for stability. Trichs should start at clear, then turn cloudy and last change to amber, ithey won’t all change at once but it’s a gradual progression

Cant believe nobody has ever tried that? I chopped them this time since they looked finished, and i swear the buds was covered with cloudy trichomes. But after 4 days of drying, a lot of the trichomes turned back to clear.
Took a test bud, and the smoke is still potent..

Never had that in my time changing back to clear.Now i have took it to early thinking i seen a lot of cloudy only to find out after looking good it was more like half.Also had buds ripen little more seen more amber after the cure.BUT never cloudy to clear.strange one that.

PS. never seen watering turn them back clear so i would not worry about that. ;)

Funny, because I did the same thing about 2 weeks ago. Checked the plant one day & it looked ready. So I give it another week when I think it's done. But when I checked again I found a lot of clear. I know it's because I only checked one spot & not several spots on the plant because Trichs don't go from cloudy to Clear. That plant is just now finishing up 2 weeks after I first thought it was done.

I have been looking at the calyxes every time i have chopped. They still look cloudy, and clear afterwards..

But as people say, i try next time to wait another week

I asked that years ago and the common answer was that its the new trics coming in that I'm looking at but I swear they was cloudy when I put them in 48 hr dark and now alot of cloudy but still comes out good

Also a hps light will throw off and make them look amber been down that road to

But then I look at some dispensery bud and none of that looks rip very clear to me

I asked that years ago and the common answer was that its the new trics coming in that I'm looking at but I swear they was cloudy when I put them in 48 hr dark and now alot of cloudy but still comes out good

Also a hps light will throw off and make them look amber been down that road to

But then I look at some dispensery bud and none of that looks rip very clear to me

I was surprised that i could find nothing in my research.. But cool to see other than me have experienced that. (i presume that you mean they come out 'clear' and not 'cloudy')

Ive been thinking to myself, that it either has to do something with the light or that its a part of the developing, and some of the reason you have to curre it..

I was surprised that i could find nothing in my research.. But cool to see other than me have experienced that. (i presume that you mean they come out 'clear' and not 'cloudy')

Ive been thinking to myself, that it either has to do something with the light or that its a part of the developing, and some of the reason you have to curre it..
Yea clear haha I was doing product testing when I wrote that I guess it passes

Back
Top Bottom