Trimming all growth just leaving 1 bud site

Helpaguyout

I was watching a kyle kushman clip the other day and it got me thinking

He explains y he cuts all the lower growth off his plants, suckers as he calls them, the explains that we feed then the plant devides the feed by the amount of nodes that need fuel. Pritty simple but what if we cut away all the groth but left 1 bud site on each branch whould this then give each of the the resources to grow big without challenge from the crap at the bottem

This is what you get if you trim all the twig stuff off the thick branches. I never did just 1 branch though.
6-450.JPG

Yes you will have a single larger buds in theory but... If you just trim the lower sites that don't receive light (aka, the suckers) you will have a larger yield overall. If your just looking for massive buds try an original indica strain who's phenotype is along that line.

Meanwhile I trim virtually nothing off of mine and still get numerous buds that dried and cured are well over an ounce each.
The key is to have large enough pots of rich LOS to feed all those buds as much as they want.
And all those leaves that people keep stripping off are all the stored sugars and mobile nutrients the plant would normally be sending to the buds the final few weeks of flower.
Energy the plant has already spent time and energy making and storing just to be stripped off.
Big roots = big fruits
20190721_212822.jpg
20190716_182003.jpg
20200825_142309.jpg

I don't manifold them out like that when I do large Colas. I Top between the 4th & 5th node & cut the 1st & 2nd nodes off. Then when those 4 branches have 3 nodes I top each of them & let it grow; only LST-ing the branches out enough for Air Flow. When ready to flower I strip every twig branch I can find & the bottom 6 - 8" of the plant is completely bare.

Meanwhile I trim virtually nothing off of mine and still get numerous buds that dried and cured are well over an ounce each.
The key is to have large enough pots of rich LOS to feed all those buds as much as they want.
And all those leaves that people keep stripping off are all the stored sugars and mobile nutrients the plant would normally be sending to the buds the final few weeks of flower.
Energy the plant has already spent time and energy making and storing just to be stripped off.
Big roots = big fruits
20190721_212822.jpg
20190716_182003.jpg
20200825_142309.jpg
This ^^^^ how I roll.

Big roots = big fruits
20190721_212822.jpg
20190716_182003.jpg
20200825_142309.jpg
Los??? Soil

Hiya - think you may have overdone it a bit
Easier way is to wait for preflowers, then take bottom suckers off and use them as clones - you can put them straight into a 12/12 environment as they will build roots while they're turning and go directly into cola mode
Once they (mothers) are well into flowering, cut off the popcorn at the bottom and leave the strongest buds only
Don't cut all the leaves off, they are the engines, ie energy converters that produce plant food - nutes are not plant food, rather the leaves use nutes to make plant food

I was watching a kyle kushman clip the other day and it got me thinking

He explains y he cuts all the lower growth off his plants, suckers as he calls them, the explains that we feed then the plant devides the feed by the amount of nodes that need fuel. Pritty simple but what if we cut away all the groth but left 1 bud site on each branch whould this then give each of the the resources to grow big without challenge from the crap at the bottem
Hello @Helpaguyout hope you are well my friend.
Let me give my 2 cents.
For months I tried various defoliation techniques.
I consistently pulled a lb. I thought that was great.
Then I got busy and couldn't get to deffol and my tent grew like crazy.
I thought oh no ill have a pound of leaves and half pound of bud.
But to my surprise I pulled my first 2 pound harvest.
Now I don't defol other than smalls below light level semi lollipop.
I don't touch them at all period.
My pull has consistently improved.
I've screwed around with manifolding and manipulating them for fun when I have extra time.
But for production and quality I found that letting them do their own thing,keeping environment and nutrition on point will be best case scenario.
To each his own I say. Lots of people defol successfully.
Just my process.
Happy growing friend.
Bill

That black jack on the right is a 10 zip girl. All I did was top her when she was a baby.

20210502_210042.jpg

Hello @Helpaguyout hope you are well my friend.
Let me give my 2 cents.
For months I tried various defoliation techniques.
I consistently pulled a lb. I thought that was great.
Then I got busy and couldn't get to deffol and my tent grew like crazy.
I thought oh no ill have a pound of leaves and half pound of bud.
But to my surprise I pulled my first 2 pound harvest.
Now I don't defol other than smalls below light level semi lollipop.
I don't touch them at all period.
My pull has consistently improved.
I've screwed around with manifolding and manipulating them for fun when I have extra time.
But for production and quality I found that letting them do their own thing,keeping environment and nutrition on point will be best case scenario.
To each his own I say. Lots of people defol successfully.
Just my process.
Happy growing friend.
Bill

That black jack on the right is a 10 zip girl. All I did was top her when she was a baby.

20210502_210042.jpg
2lb wow how meny plants in the tent. Whay lights u got id love 2lb but struggle to get 1

2lb wow how meny plants in the tent. Whay lights u got id love 2lb but struggle to get 1
3- 900w V.S. no more than 10 per run. But I prefer 8 , less work on my part.
But I use Bokashi, and frass & dazzel. In my coco.
Makes roots explode. Big roots big fruits. Hehe.
Get your environment dialed in. VPN, heat, air flow,rh. Big healthy girls.
I don't screw around with the leaves. They are there for a reason IMO.
Those lights are a few years old now. I'm looking for a sponsor for new ones.
I'm going to blow away my previous grows. Just don't want to pay for new lights if I can avoid it.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom