TripleG's Apartment Based Breeding Grounds

On to the veg/auto closet.

Not a lot to say about this, but things are definitely looking good. The Chemdawg x Sour Angel has definitely improved. I don't really know what I did that changed her so drastically, but I like what I see. Closer to 15" tall at this point also.

Guess that's all for now. Exciting times.

I've grown both the Sensi and the Nirvana Northern Light plants out quite a few times. In my opinion only I feel that the quality of the buds was best when harvested at flip + 60 days. Sometimes the Sensi didn't look all that frosty but the quality was still excellent.

Glad to see that Chem X Sour Angel grew out of whatever funk she was in. I believe your wife is going to love the buds from that plant.

Glad to see that Chem X Sour Angel grew out of whatever funk she was in.
So I think she had two problems, the depth of the hempy being one in conjunction with the new fabric starter pots. I think she might have air pruned a bunch of her roots during a hot spell we had right when I added a 3rd cob to the closet.

Now that I changed her position under the lights and the roots have apparently regrown to survive the path to the reservoir she seems pretty damn happy. This is just my best hypothesis. Light and root stress.

The short stocky and frosty phenotype of Sensi x Nirvana interests me most. The buds are the most rock hard buds I have ever grown. Stinks like sweet skunky black pepper and something else, frost production is off the charts. Maybe a pure Afghani phenotype?

The other of this cross is a familiar foxtailed phenotype. Happy to say that last time I grew one out, it was of fantastic quality. Not a frost monster, but potent nonetheless.

Culled 2/3 Zorillo Locos for being boys, tossed the micro Glueberry in the males' spot, spread out the Devil's Pitchfork x Sensi NL x Nirvana NL and added extra rocks to tray, Chemdawg x Sour Angel S1 rotated to flowering tent.

Despite many of the expenses for our trip being covered, nothing is set in stone so far as my financial situation is concerned. Glad I bought ticket insurance. Things are in the works to fix this financial hiccup, just not sure if it will be fixed in 6 weeks or 6 months. Patience is a virtue and not my strong suit.

Not much useable bud on the Devil's Pitchfork F2 auto I harvested for seeds. I have been able to roll a few doobies though. Quick smoke report:

Bud smells almost the same as if she was still alive, the sweet dankness did not reveal the full terp profile until the second doobie 12 hours later. It's freaking chocolate. Tastes like ultra dark chocolate, like if a guy could toast an 82% cacao ghirardelli chocolate square. The stone starts as an obvious sativa feeling (no speedy heart though) and builds through the body just a bit before providing an excellent anytime high that easily allows sleep or focus. Not ultra potent but Good enough that my wife says I should chase this profile as I move forward with breeding...... Since I've been winging it anyway, seems smart since chocolate is a hard profile to recreate.

To extend the rambling a bit, I was bummed to find 2 males amongst the 3 Zorillo Locos. She has a very mild odor thus far, probably not a skunk pheno :rolleyes: and since I am not doing pollen right now I was left with no choice but to Trash them. Look at those roots

At day 58 I chopped the top halves off of a Sensi NL and the foxtailed phenotype of Sensi NL x Nirvana NL IBL. From my observations, this was the correct move. Both are very dense but the cross has a far more complex aroma and will be a heavy yielder like her identical sister that I grew last year.

With my set up I really like to stagger the harvests of taller plants. The lowers never mature quite as timely as the upper portions. I usually try to wait to finish the harvest 5-7 days after the initial chop. Idk, it works for us.

Chemdawg x Sour Angel is really loving the tent and is beginning to stretch after just a couple of nights. I think she may cause me height problems...

Also, I now have another fun cultivar to work with.. Sensi NL x Nirvana NL IBL has beautiful big fat dark seeds nestled in her calyxes. So these seeds are Harlequin x Sensi NL x Nirvana NL IBL. :blunt:so this round I managed to preserve Harlequin genetics, create Harlequin x Sensi NL F1 and Harlequin x Sensi NL x Nirvana NL IBL ( Technically a polyhybrid), as well as creating an F3 autoflower generation of Devil's Pitchfork seeds. Very pleased with this outcome. Almost Like I accomplished something.

@Dankman_420 the lone Female Zorillo Loco is starting to smell a bit strong. Finger/stem rub is very revealing. A bit spicier than skunk, but the skunk is blatently evident.

Thanks Dank.

I was getting ready to take pics just now and realized phone battery was super low. I'm plugged in now.

My little Devil's Pitchfork F1s are superbly overfed and look like shit, I won't lie. It's all my fault. Most cultivars suck it up and power through my heavier feedings, these gals hate it. They probably won't survive, and have this weird "I don't care" feeling... my plate is pretty full these days, must have something to do with it.

So, the short Sensi NL x Nirvana NL that has all that frost is beginning to purple up her leaves. She has been on straight water for a couple of days. I may chop her as late as next Friday.

So, here are the lowers from the two most recent plants harvested

Followed by the next in line for chop

These two are probably going to be chopped next friday.

These ladies have a few weeks left. Odor is like DDA minus the fuel, add a little extra berry

These are the local youth

This lady is special

Not much to say about the closet. The QP Stardawgs are doing great. They have an odor reminiscent of nail polish if that's even possible, I like it.

The Incredible Bulk is faring well as is the SSDC.

As I said before, the Devil's Pitchfork F1s are crap this time around. Just wimpy and lame. If I was doing a pollen chuck I would throw them out and start over. Since I am not, I will feed them nothing but runoff until they turn Male, die, or provide me at least one fat doobie to smoke. They take up very little room.

Everything is looking top notch in your garden mate. I'm liking the side branching on the Dog Pound auto plant. I thought I would share a picture of a bud I spotted on my Black Cherry Punch plant that has bud rot on it. I removed the bud from the plant yesterday when I spotted it. And as much of a pain in the butt as it will be I have to pull that plant out of the tent and give it a VERY THOROUGH inspection. I need to flower her for 10 more days and will if I see no more of this on any of the buds. It's so tough to grow plants with large, very dense buds during the summer when the humidity is in the upper 80s and mid 90s %. Fingers crossed I can't find any more bud rot anywhere.

Everything is looking top notch in your garden mate. I'm liking the side branching on the Dog Pound auto plant. I thought I would share a picture of a bud I spotted on my Black Cherry Punch plant that has bud rot on it. I removed the bud from the plant yesterday when I spotted it. And as much of a pain in the butt as it will be I have to pull that plant out of the tent and give it a VERY THOROUGH inspection. I need to flower her for 10 more days and will if I see no more of this on any of the buds. It's so tough to grow plants with large, very dense buds during the summer when the humidity is in the upper 80s and mid 90s %. Fingers crossed I can't find any more bud rot anywhere.
Bud rot sucks. Every environment seems to have pros and cons. Out here in the arid region of the NW we face mites and Powder mildew, and RH sometimes under 10%.

Climate is weird this year. Nothing near the 90°F mark and nights still dropping to the low 50°s.

I wish you luck on the bud rot. It's rough stuff

Just a few pics for the hell of it. Getting antsy. The NL pictured is really starting to purple her leaves nicely. Harlequin turned into a stout little plant. Devil's Pitchfork F2 just looks (smells too) nice. The DawgPound autos are still stretching, had to raise the lights to prevent more light damage.

Do me a favor and please let me know when you first spot pistils starting on the Dog Pound auto plants. I'm hoping it's going to be around day 40-45.
Going through photos and posts for a minute.......... looks like the sprouted on may 31st and showed first pistils somewhere between day 22-25. Hope that is helpful.

This is my favorite time of growing. Not quite finished, but changing every day. The ones that are stretching are a bit problematic, but I shouldn't be complaining about big plants.

And

And then..

Very exciting

So when you harvest in stages like that does the bud density improve on the lower buds once you've harvested the top of the plant? I mean it's just running like one more week right? I would think it would add more resin/trichromes as having the top of the plant cut off has to be stressful to the plant.

So when you harvest in stages like that does the bud density improve on the lower buds once you've harvested the top of the plant? I mean it's just running like one more week right? I would think it would add more resin/trichromes as having the top of the plant cut off has to be stressful to the plant.
Density will improve some, not a ton in my experience. I am mostly aiming for ripeness though. I have had lowers end up being frostier than the first half of harvest.

Staggered harvests make much more sense for larger plants than it does for mine. I don't do much science, but I have seen pistils shrivel and trichomes increase so I continue to do it with my taller and bushier ladies.

Back
Top Bottom