Heraldo's Breeding Journal

Ended up with 2 male teabaggers and a male super skunk.

a teabagger I pollenated with super skunk just for funzies

decided to pollenate a couple of auto lemon haze branches with a teabagger and a super skunk. might try to make a stable auto out of the seeds some day

tropicanna poison got some teabagger and super skunk pollen.

Seeds have been maturing for about 3 weeks. Appearently I was really sloppy with the pollen this time around and have constantly been picking rogue seeds from the girls for the past week.

Lemon hazes are almost ready.

Teabagger that got the super skunk pollen.

Teabagger and Tropicanna Poison side by side. Completely opposite structures. Long thin colas vs short and fat. Can't wait to see what comes from the cross.

The next round of plants getting ready to go. Somango cross, Gelato cross, Twilight cross, Banana Kush, Mandanga Kush and GSC. I'm going to be focusing on selecting the best smells this time around.

Seeds have been maturing for about 3 weeks. Appearently I was really sloppy with the pollen this time around and have constantly been picking rogue seeds from the girls for the past week.

Lemon hazes are almost ready.

Teabagger that got the super skunk pollen.

Teabagger and Tropicanna Poison side by side. Completely opposite structures. Long thin colas vs short and fat. Can't wait to see what comes from the cross.

The next round of plants getting ready to go. Somango cross, Gelato cross, Twilight cross, Banana Kush, Mandanga Kush and GSC. I'm going to be focusing on selecting the best smells this time around.
Fantastic work my friend. :goodjob: Wow
Bill

its been over a month since the last update.
got a few nice seeds for the next run. hopefully i can get some consistent purple genetics going.
current run ended up with 11 females and 1 male.

male gelatoxteabagger.

somango. could be the superfruity o e i was looking for. too early to know for sure

banana kush. love the structure

its been over a month since the last update.
got a few nice seeds for the next run. hopefully i can get some consistent purple genetics going.
current run ended up with 11 females and 1 male.

male gelatoxteabagger.

somango. could be the superfruity o e i was looking for. too early to know for sure

banana kush. love the structure
Hello @Heraldo garden is looking great.
Everyone is nice and healthy. What is your plan with the male?
You are going to end up with a tent full of airy buds. :Namaste:
If you don't move him.
Bill

he'll be moving to his own tent soon. i only plan on brushing the banana kush and the somango with pollen, so rogue seeds shouldnt be much of a problem. last time around i overdid it and have to really examine my grinder before rolling.

he'll be moving to his own tent soon. i only plan on brushing the banana kush and the somango with pollen, so rogue seeds shouldnt be much of a problem. last time around i overdid it and have to really examine my grinder before rolling.
They are buggers id never let one near my girls again.
I only made that mistake once. :rofl:
Bill

We're in the 6th week of flower. last week I planted some tropicanna poison crosses to try to backcross with a tropicanna poison.

banana kush with some flimsy branches and the mini banana kush

mandanga kush, somangos and twiligh

the new babies

edit: i might've forgotten to turn the flash off... my bad

Things took a turn for the worst and almost all the tropicanna poison girls hermied. Decided to scrap the whole project and start over with better genetics (that I will probably also ruin eventually).

New seeds:
-Hindu Kush from Sensi (reg)
-Somango from Soma (fem)
-Caramelo from Delicious (reg)

Still not 100% sure how I'll be doing things this time around, but it'll probably involve cloning and not trying to do too many things at the same time.

I need to do some reading first. Stakes feel a lot higher when you're not working with bagseed and freebies o_O :laughtwo:

Resurrecting this seemingly dead journal after 2 years of silence. This time around it'll be a Critical Bilbo x Caramelo cross. It's my second time planting them so I think I have a grasp of what I'm looking for if I decide to (or even can) make an F2. I'll have to get pretty lucky considering there are only 7 plants in the tent. They're 10 days old, so I won't bother posting pics yet.

Resurrecting this seemingly dead journal after 2 years of silence. This time around it'll be a Critical Bilbo x Caramelo cross. It's my second time planting them so I think I have a grasp of what I'm looking for if I decide to (or even can) make an F2. I'll have to get pretty lucky considering there are only 7 plants in the tent. They're 10 days old, so I won't bother posting pics yet.
Hey Heraldo, all the best for your new grow, 'only' 7 plants sounds good!

Just a quick shot of the tent. One was already taken out due to lack of vigor. They're starting to show sex. From what I can tell I'll end up with 3 plants in 18L fabric pots, but it's too early to be sure.
IMG_20230513_083159.jpg

Middle 3 will most likely be given away. Girl in the back left is a Girl Scout Cookie.

Welcome back @Heraldo

Mind if I follow along this time?

What kind of lights are you using now?
Are you using LOS or a nutrient line?

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Welcome!

Right now they're under a 135W board from HLG. In about a week I'll switch to 12/12 and turn on the 260W.
I'm mainly using nutrients from Top Crop. Pretty sure they don't sell outside of Spain. It's not top shelf stuff, but gives good results for the price.

My last post from 2 years ago mentioned a few strains. Didn't end up journaling the grow, but I got these seeds out of it. (HKS = hindu kush X somango)
IMG_20230526_083805.jpg

This is what the current grow is looking like.
IMG_20230526_083923.jpg
IMG_20230526_083929.jpg

I'm getting slightly worried they're hermies. 7/7 females from seeds I didn't feminize seems too good to be true. Something is off. These little balls don't help. Not the best pic. sorry.
IMG_20230526_084025.jpg

Had one earlier on but turned out to be a t-rex arm... Hopefully that's what I'm dealing with. Still don't know how to explain the 7/7 females...
IMG_20230526_084048.jpg

If this grow turns out to be a bust I might have to go back to the somango crosses. they were fun.

Those little balls are starting to really look like male preflowers😪
It's looking like I'm gonna end up with 2 girls in the end.
At least the high female ratio mystery was solved...
Need to start thinking about what to do for the next run...

Just pulled the plug on the whole grow. I'm fairly confident the hermie issue is because of stress from switching from the veg light to the flower light. This is based on the GSC also turning hermie and that I've only started seeing hermies since I started using these lights. I guess it could also be an environmental issue. Didn't find any light leak.
Kinda bummed about the amount of seeds I tossed because of this.

In an attempt to make this journal fun again I decided to give making autos another shot.
I only found 2 companies selling auto regular Seeds: Top Tao and Doctor's Choice (formerly Joint Doctor I believe).
Went with top tao because of the price and because they had mix packs, but using original lowryder genetics at some point would be cool.
Got another mix pack and a red mimosa XL pack from sweet Seeds. The rest are freebies.
IMG_20230609_171009.jpg

This first run is going to be a test of sorts.
What's in the tent: 1 red mimosa xl, 1 critical+, 2 sweet mix, 3 blueberry (regular), 5 tao mix (regular) and 1 lemon haze I had laying around andplanted after having to pull the hermies (thus why she's in a different pot and above ground).
If something goes bad this time around I've still got 10 regulars from the tao mix to try my luck with.
IMG_20230609_153352.jpg

Back
Top Bottom