Schnookie's Winter Grow: Seedsman Tropicanna Poison And Red Pure CBD Autos

Schnookie

My first 2024 grow (start) wil be a couple of Autos. I soaked 2 of each seed of Tropicanna Poison XL and Red Pure CBD and got tails on each and now waiting for one of each to still pop from the soil.

:yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy:

Tropicanna Poison XL Auto is an indica-dominant hybrid that was bred by crossing Tropicanna Cookies with Red Poison Auto. This is a fast, potent strain with good yield and high THC potential.

A plant with red-hued flowers, Tropicanna Poison XL Auto takes just 8 weeks from seed through to harvest. Indoor growers will harvest between 400 - 550 gr/m2 of dried weight while outdoors each plant can deliver 35 - 125 gr. Buds are very resinous and produce an intensely sweet scent.

Flavours and scents are sweet, intense and heavy, with notes of mango, earth, wood and with a Skunk undertone. THC content is between 16 - 24% while CBD is low at 0.1%. The effect is stimulating and creative.
:passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

Red Pure CBD Auto Variety produces very low levels of THC between 0.4-0.5%, and high levels of CBD between 15-17% . Result of the cross between our Sweet Pure CBD and our Red Poison Auto.

The appearance of the plants is typical of indica strains with a large central bud and short lateral branches, robust stem and plenty of resin. The aroma and flavour is sweet and earthy with fresh notes of pine or cypress and brushstrokes of berries.

Relaxing, anxiolytic effect, very appropriate for medicinal users who do not wish to experience the psychotropic effect of THC.

20240114_150035.jpg
20240114_150301.jpg
20240114_150745.jpg
20240115_122053.jpg

Seeds were soaked overnight on the 13th, put into paper towels on the 14th and planted in Happy Frog soil amended with Diatomaceous earth (silica) and "Myco Bliss" for root expansion. Covered with cups to maintain humidity and temp (my basement saw 57 degrees last night but the LEDs kept the tent a pleasant 75.

Today, it looks like one of the TP beheaded itself :( but I've got 3 more plants raring to go.
20240117_105748.jpg
20240117_105754.jpg

The babies are making a start...getting light without the cups covering them. I might need to get some more humidity in here, but it might be ok. I've got another humidifier in the box still so I may get it out and see if it's needed. More remote thermo/hygrometers on the way also. Purple cups are Red Pure CBD (RP), yellow Tropicanna Poison (TP)

20240118_112646.jpg

And here we see the remainder of the stem after the self-decapitation on TP#2. Doubt it will survive, but it will stick around a few days more at least to be sure.

20240118_112735.jpg

I've got everything remote and automatic with humidifier, cameras and sensors so I check the plants in person only once a day on the weekends. my office is in the basement now with the plants since my son moved up here and I haven't the strength myself to bring my massive live edge deskback upstairs.

Screenshot_20240120-142852_Smart Life.jpg

Anyway, took some pics of the little ones, they're growing slowly. I forget each time how long this beginning process takes. Once I've got all my stuff figured out for this house so i can avoid contractors I'll look into making a more permanent perpetual setup and do some clones.

Headless TP
20240120_110434.jpg

I'll keep her around another week or so just in case she finds her soul

RP2
20240120_110424.jpg

RP1
20240120_110419.jpg

T
P

20240120_110413.jpg

It's great unless you sit at a desk watching your computer all day at 60 degrees. I've got that little fan under the desk on my legs most days 90% of the time so I can put my hands under the desk and warm up every ten minutes.

But the plants are happy enough it seems, if growing slower than they were in August.

I want to give my hand a try at outdoor growing this year too. Those hermie Amnesia Lemon seeds are gonna get soaked in a couple months and spread in the garden for nature to decide who gets to live. This is probably a third of what I'll have.

20240120_175328.jpg

I get a real kick out of outdoor growing Schnookie! You might too! In ground!
That's the plan. I've got a neighbor that might be able to see these plants' space in the backyard so I'm trying to find more plants to create a summer barrier at the edge. These will be growing in my new garden which is currently clay and rocks. I've added chickensht and hay and dead leaves so far and will also plant a cover crop if it grows. The compost pile is being built this weekend if the weather holds. We've had a couple a nights in the single digits and still freezing during the day which limits how much time I wanna spend outside for sure.

Depending on how big the outside ones get (and other than the smell :) ), something like this might work as a disguise:

2017-06-30_Day_31_003.JPG

From @Scientific's patio grow from 2017.

Those are really pretty and have some nice colas of their own!
Yeah I'm thinking in the ground I'm good be looking at sitting a little bigger...

But those echium are biennial or triennial apparently so I'm gone need something faster. Maybe something like 🌻 sunflowers or this Mullein Mullein - Google Search

Depending on how big the outside ones get (and other than the smell :) ), something like this might work as a disguise:

2017-06-30_Day_31_003.JPG

From @Scientific's patio grow from 2017.

Those are really pretty and have some nice colas of their own!
Yeah I'm thinking in the ground I'm gonna be looking at using something a little bigger... but they could be distractions for a period of time.

But those echium are biennial or triennial apparently so I'm gone need something faster. Maybe something like 🌻 sunflowers or this Mullein Mullein - Google Search
And I've also got globe artichokes hopefully but they're on the orher side of the garden.

So these little guys aren't growing as fast as I had expected..and the Red Pure CBDs are being weird too. Maybe 24/0 isn't a happy light schedule for these guys? Or is this something genetic or are they digging into a spot they don't like with the roots? I put the humidifier up to 70% too after seeing yesterday but dropped it down to 65% today. Temps are between 73-75, 24/7

RP1 yesterday
20240122_175101.jpg

RP1 today
20240123_110021.jpg

RP2 yesterday
20240122_175110.jpg

RP2 today
20240123_110015.jpg

And TP is looking pretty ok I guess actually
Yesterday
20240122_175106.jpg

Today
20240123_110011.jpg

I jsut realized these are only 18 hours apart, but the RPs seem to have taken a not great turn, agreed?

Below is the headless TP yesterday. Still got a purple stem and moving up somewhat. There's really no chance of survival here right? This is a braindead little root.
20240122_175117.jpg

Back
Top Bottom