2nd Grow - SIP, KS5000, Banana Tropicanna & Orange Hill Special Photos

@Carcass has a great solution for fungus gnats: mosquito dunks in a 5 gallon bucket of plain water. Leave them for 24 hours to fill the water with good bacteria and then use it to water your plants and mix your nutes. Keep adding water to the bucket and the bacteria will multiply and replace the ones you take out, so you won't need more dunks for a couple of weeks.

@Carcass has a great solution for fungus gnats: mosquito dunks in a 5 gallon bucket of plain water. Leave them for 24 hours to fill the water with good bacteria and then use it to water your plants and mix your nutes. Keep adding water to the bucket and the bacteria will multiply and replace the ones you take out, so you won't need more dunks for a couple of weeks.
Awesome thanks @InTheShed - I'll see if I can pick some of those up and I'll water every plant just to be sure. I didn't spot more than 20 adults so hopefully it's easily dealt with and they haven't infested every pot yet :D

Awesome thanks @InTheShed - I'll see if I can pick some of those up and I'll water every plant just to be sure. I didn't spot more than 20 adults so hopefully it's easily dealt with and they haven't infested every pot yet :D
Yellow sticky traps are great. I have them attached every grow and I end up with loads of tiny insects attached. The gnats are drawn to them. I also use bacillus thuringiensis, which is the one in the mosquito dunks.

Yellow sticky traps are great. I have them attached every grow and I end up with loads of tiny insects attached. The gnats are drawn to them. I also use bacillus thuringiensis, which is the one in the mosquito dunks.
Thanks a lot @Carmen Ray :thanks: 🙏
I've got some sticky traps so I've put them down and I'll see if there's any about still. I ordered the mosquito dunks but be a few days yet.

Still not seen any more adults in the house so hopefully all okay 🤞

Just opened the tent for feeding and to the eye there is 100% no bugs in the tent, so unless they hiding in the res hopefully they aren't anywhere near my grow at the mo!

First pistils on one bud have started to change colour, mid way through week 6 which I think is normal.

Should I worry about defol leaves blocking buds do you think? Let it go freely now?

Day 38:
tropban_day38_1.jpg
tropban_day38_2.jpg
tropban_day38_3.jpg
tropban_day38_4.jpg
tropban_day38_5.jpg
tropban_day38_6.jpg
tropban_day38_7.jpg

Just opened the tent for feeding and to the eye there is 100% no bugs in the tent, so unless they hiding in the res hopefully they aren't anywhere near my grow at the mo!

First pistils on one bud have started to change colour, mid way through week 6 which I think is normal.

Should I worry about defol leaves blocking buds do you think? Let it go freely now?

Day 38:
tropban_day38_1.jpg
tropban_day38_2.jpg
tropban_day38_3.jpg
tropban_day38_4.jpg
tropban_day38_5.jpg
tropban_day38_6.jpg
tropban_day38_7.jpg
Super impressive canopy mate by the end theyll have some right bulk to them good work.

Awesome thanks mate.

I have unfortunately got a problem today, although one that I may be able to remedy before it becomes a big problem. I noticed some fungus gnats, inside the house... not inside my tent, although it's possible and perhaps likely there might be some in there.

I keep tights over the intakes on my tent so they could only have gotten in whilst watering, I know the definitely originated from outside the tent so if I deal with it swiftly enough I may keep them away from the lady.

I have a few houseplants downstairs and I was a bit lazy with cleaning out some older soil.... ooft, lesson learned. There is only a few places they could have laid eggs, main ones I'm concerned about are the clones that I have because the prop tent is in the lung room.

Does anyone see any larvae in these images? The bonsai is fairly new to my windowsil.

1.jpg

I can see little whiteish things here but I don't know if that's just shit in the soil lol, when I picked a bit out it looked more like ash or paper than anything organic!

2.jpg
3.jpg

What would you advise to try and remedy the issue? I've already placed some apple vinegar cider & dishing soap traps around the house... should I throw out these plants just to be sure or treat them with insectisidal soap? I'm really not too fussed about the clones as it was more experimenting/learning the process than anything else.

I sealed the lung room off & sprayed some fly killer on any gnats I could see as well, so from what I can see with a torch and close inspection there aren't any/many adults left in the house.
Yellow sticky traps will thin them out and try to keep the surface dry, maybe bottom feeding until they’re gone. CL🍀 :Namaste:

Sunday update and catch up :reading420magazine:

Hope everyone has had a lovely week!

Not much change, looking frosty and stacked. Some leaves look a bit funny at the edges on the bud closeups, not sure if that's slight curling? I don't think the K def progressed further than it already did which is great 🙏

Not seen any more adult gnats, definitely not in the lung room or tent so 🤞

Some pictures will have a yellow hue from the camera, the top down SaugaView(tm) looks more like it does in real life.

Day 41:
tropban_day41_1.jpg
tropban_day41_2.jpg
tropban_day41_3.jpg
tropban_day41_4.jpg
tropban_day41_5.jpg
tropban_day41_6.jpg
tropban_day41_7.jpg
tropban_day41_8.jpg
tropban_day41_9.jpg
tropban_day41_10.jpg

Small update. Last few waterings I've noticed she's not too happy but I can only guess it's due to wanting the water earlier, I slept in these last few days so hopefully that's all.

The leaves curling up at the edges is caused by what exactly? I found heat or light to be the answers when I searched online but I find it hard to believe it's that as temps are quite low & PAR is under 1000 at the points where the leaves are curling, it's not every leaf but quite a few. Here's an example of one of the most prominent:
trpban_day42_2.jpg

Few more pictures although not much has changed :D

Day 42:

trpban_day42_1.jpg
trpban_day42_3.jpg
trpban_day42_4.jpg
trpban_day42_5.jpg
trpban_day42_6.jpg
trpban_day42_7.jpg
trpban_day42_8.jpg
trpban_day42_9.jpg

May be due to temp or nitrogen deficiency, not sure.

But the plants look beautiful regardless. Well done Weff!!

Those flowers look amazing Weff! And curling leaf edges is usually light stress if it's only happening on the upper canopy and not down low.

If that's the case back the light up a couple of inches and see if they look happier.
Thanks a lot @InTheShed - I'll take the light up a few inches just to be safe :thanks: 🙏

looking splendid Weff
Thank you @Carmen Ray 🙏 On the home stretch now so just need to keep them happy for another month(ish) :D

May be due to temp or nitrogen deficiency, not sure.

But the plants look beautiful regardless. Well done Weff!!
Appreciate your input @ViparSpectra :thanks: The ViparSpectra KS5000 is certainly doing it's job well :green_heart:

You say 1000 ppfd PAR as if it's not really really high energy? It is. Now you have to decide how much you want to play it. More light = deeper penetration, and you know how we feel about penetration! :thumb: Looks kind of perfect from my house.
Hey Stone, yeah your completely right I know that's kinda the max without C02 supplements, in general at least. I think it's about 950 ppfd above the very tops of the colas, so the canopy itself should be more like 7-800? I'll have to get an accurate number tomorrow with lights on although I've raised them 1-2 inches anyway now so it's no big deal :D

We're all about deeper penetration round these ends but I'd wager that's not too important for me currently as the canopy is fairly even? minus the towering colas :rofl: I'll take kind of perfect any day of the week 🙏 :thanks: I won't relax until she's been chopped though we're not there just yet :D

I reckon I'm a week or two late on my perpetual schedule but as I recently read from @RedskinnedRhino - Better to be late than early when it comes to this :D I'm popping 4 Blueberry Muffin seeds this evening and preppng my new 3gal SIPs, I'll share a sneak preview in a couple of days and will make another journal in a week or so, stay tuned! :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom