Olddog Newtrick's Seedsman, Banana Jealousy, SIP/Quadline Comparative Grow

Ok, we are back in the flower tent.
Upon investigation what I’m figuring is, when I went to flower last time, I upped the par to 700 from 600. They no like that. So we went back to the veg tent and I even raised the light a bit to let em heal up.
Now in the flower tent, I backed the light down to 470ish. I’ll let em get used to it and the new cycle and start going up from there.

I’m a bit concerned with height here but, I have a backup plan that I really don’t want to use. If they get too tall, I do have a 1 foot extension I can put on my tent but, to do that, I have to tear the tent down and move it to another room.

IMG_3446.jpeg
How tall is that tent?
Girls look Nice!

How tall is that tent?
Girls look Nice!
I think it’s 6’8” if I remember right without the extension. I can stand in it without hitting my head on the fan and I’m 6 foot tall.
My veg tent is the same maker but their “lite” line. It’s about 4 inches shorter.

One more update.
Progress has been made on the external res.
I need to get this hooked up. The girls are drinking like it’s spring break. The internal res is still set at half a gallon and I’m having to top it twice a day. I’m gonna have to stand there with a hose on em during flower if I don’t get this running.. lol
The canoeing is still a thing but, way better than it has been. The reduction it duration and intensity seems to be working.
I have some leaves that still look like cal mag issues. I’m adding cal mag to everything that goes in, every time right now. Some of what I’m seeing now may be from before but I don’t think all of it is.

IMG_3448.jpeg

IMG_3449.jpeg

IMG_3450.jpeg

IMG_3451.jpeg

Quick update,
They look better yet.
The split is scabbing over and the leaves are much flatter.
I do have some leaf issues on Fusi seems like potassium deficiency to me but, it seems like it’s only on the leaves that had cal mag issues earlier. So no action taken at this point.
The feed chart has me adding more potassium moving forward anyway.
I’m thinking about using the scrog net to help keep weight off the split limbs but, I’m not sure when to add it. I figure once I see the flower sites I’ll throw the net on.

IMG_3457.jpeg

IMG_3456.jpeg

IMG_3455.jpeg

IMG_3454.jpeg

IMG_3453.jpeg

Day 9 of flower and the stretch is on.
Canna has more budsites than Fusi but, both plants are looking really good!
It seems to be confirmed that my last issue with canoeing was indeed from the lighting.
They have since adapted and are now loving it.
I’m still only running about 650 PAR
They have been drinking from the external res for a couple days now.
The ph monitor and doser are hooked up and seem to be keeping the ph rock steady between 6.3 and 6.4. I may tweak that down a little but, everything seems to be functioning as intended.

IMG_3463.jpeg

IMG_3464.jpeg

IMG_3465.jpeg

I may be in trouble on this one..
The ladies look absolutely fantastic. Perky and praying like mad but, this stretch is more than I bargained for.
I guess first off I’ll try to remove the exhaust fan and filter. I can probably get 6 inches and I have about 2 more before I hit max height of my light. But I don’t know if even that will be enough.
To make it worse, I scrogged em in so, disassembly won’t be fun if I have to move the whole tent to install the extension.

IMG_3468.jpeg

IMG_3469.jpeg

IMG_3470.jpeg

IMG_3471.jpeg

IMG_3472.jpeg

IMG_3473.jpeg

IMG_3474.jpeg

The ladies look absolutely fantastic. Perky and praying like mad but, this stretch is more than I bargained for.
I guess first off I’ll try to remove the exhaust fan and filter. I can probably get 6 inches and I have about 2 more before I hit max height of my light. But I don’t know if even that will be enough.
To make it worse, I scrogged em in so, disassembly won’t be fun if I have to move the whole tent to install the extension.

IMG_3468.jpeg

IMG_3469.jpeg

IMG_3470.jpeg

IMG_3471.jpeg

IMG_3472.jpeg

IMG_3473.jpeg

IMG_3474.jpeg
To big can be a good thing lol might have to super crop these babies.

I didn’t think you could crop in flower?
From my understanding you can super crop whenever... Usually bounce back between 5-10 days and some quick forum reading it is also boasted to increase yield and cola size.

I didn’t think you could crop in flower?
Not only could you super crop them Olddog, but you could also utilize the net to anchor them down so they won't bounce back up (as much)!

Ok, now I'm confused. I thought "super cropping" means that you force your plants into flower again almost immediately after harvesting?
That's revegetation.

Super cropping is when you bend the stalks over sideways actually bending like a 90° angle.
images (32).jpeg

Ok, now I'm confused. I thought "super cropping" means that you force your plants into flower again almost immediately after harvesting?
That's called monster cropping, Krusty! :Rasta:

Hey, you're the one who decided to grow SIP. So that robust growth issue is on you.

:laugh:

That's monster cropping.

Awesome, thanks for the info!
At the very least, it’s another option on the table I hadn’t considered.
I’ve never supercropped so, I’m hesitant but, that may be the best route to go.
I’ll have a long look at em at lights on.

Back
Top Bottom