V4L's SeedsMan Comparative Grow: Banana Jealousy 2024

I'm really interested in seeing this grow. It is going to be wild. I get really big plants with 20-gallon pots. 🍋
6'x10' lung room tent 34''x42'' need clarification from @Vegan4life
Yes 20 gallon pots, they are tall fabric pots, 16" diameter. Yes Lung room approx 6' x 10', grow space is approximately 34" x 5'-6". I have the 4 pots tightly together in 34" x 34" and next to that is a grow bed approx 34" x 32". The 4 Banana Jealousy will be in the 4 pots, they will be leaning into the grow bed, that is why I said x 42". I will also be trying to grow some peppers in the grow bed. Definitely a short veg period as height will be an issue...

:passitleft:

First Banana to poke it’s head out!

IMG_4509.jpeg

One Banana, two Banana, three Banana, ok I guess we have to wait for number four… The good news is I have three new baby Bananas ! Hopefully number four will show itself today?

🍌 🍌 🍌

IMG_4524.jpeg

Happy Saturday fellow Gromies!

Banana # 4 decided to join us this morning!

:party: 100% germination! @SeedsMan is Rockin it!

:passitleft:

IMG_4526.jpeg
IMG_4528.jpeg

Happy Sunday fellow Growmies! I put my old soil into new grow bags a couple of weeks back and amended the soil with BAS Craft Blend, worm castings, insect frass, alfalfa meal. I have sprinkled some Red Clover seeds for a cover crop. I have ordered some Organic Barley Straw Mulch for use in the near future. I also added Blumat drip rings to the grow bags, although I am not using the carrots. They are being controlled with a timer that will open and close a water valve.

Here are a couple of pictures of Banana Jealousy from last night, The ladies have legs...

Banana1.jpg

Banana2.jpg

I have started to germinate some pepper plants just over a week ago. I will be growing them in the grow bed next to the Banana Jealousy grow. The peppers are "Count Mattcula". They are a cross between Mattapeno and Count Dracula, From Matt's Peppers. I won these pepper seeds (and two other packs) from a Youtube channel. It is my understanding that I am only looking for plant pheno's with variegated foliage. From Matt's website "Choose seedlings with variegated foliage out of the gate and cull the rest." As of yesterday I have one new pepper seedling, I am fortunate that it does have variegated foliage! Pics below

New Count Mattcula seedling
CountMattcula.PNG

Count Mattcula, Pic From Matt's Peppers website
1711296212304.png

Happy Sunday fellow Growmies! I put my old soil into new grow bags a couple of weeks back and amended the soil with BAS Craft Blend, worm castings, insect frass, alfalfa meal. I have sprinkled some Red Clover seeds for a cover crop. I have ordered some Organic Barley Straw Mulch for use in the near future. I also added Blumat drip rings to the grow bags, although I am not using the carrots. They are being controlled with a timer that will open and close a water valve.

Here are a couple of pictures of Banana Jealousy from last night, The ladies have legs...

Banana1.jpg

Banana2.jpg

I have started to germinate some pepper plants just over a week ago. I will be growing them in the grow bed next to the Banana Jealousy grow. The peppers are "Count Mattcula". They are a cross between Mattapeno and Count Dracula, From Matt's Peppers. I won these pepper seeds (and two other packs) from a Youtube channel. It is my understanding that I am only looking for plant pheno's with variegated foliage. From Matt's website "Choose seedlings with variegated foliage out of the gate and cull the rest." As of yesterday I have one new pepper seedling, I am fortunate that it does have variegated foliage! Pics below

New Count Mattcula seedling
CountMattcula.PNG

Count Mattcula, Pic From Matt's Peppers website
1711296212304.png
nice set up for the watering, peppers sound awesome, love my hot peppers i usually get about 5-6 different types from freinds & dry out & grind and just sprinkle on what i want spiced up

Back
Top Bottom