True Living Organics, Second Edition - A Review By Doc Bud

Hey bo. I have wondered the same about long term soil storage
@BakedARea , This year I'm keeping my soil outside in large plastic garbage containers, with lids. A few small holes about the size of a pencil were drilled into the bottom and the containers are setting on cement blocks.

What's the different in using a large circular fabric pot versus the square geopots? The geopots have plastic lining on the sides right? Doesn't defeat the purpose of the air pruning?
No the Geopots I have I haven't noticed any lining at all. I see Brett's response is a yes. Guess there's different geopots then? Or I didn't see very well. I'll take a look when I can Baked. These would be 7 and 10 gallon I believe.
Yes, Skunk!
StoneOtter, Hey.

While waiting for the Bucs/Patriots game I came across one of your posts where you were taking about re-amending soil. I would really like to hear your take on it.
Have a question to ask.

Personally I’m into my 3rd year with the same soil, which I’ve stored in bulk on a concrete deck during the off season. Before reusing, I saturated it with an amendment and let dry.
I grow in 10 gal fabric pots and usually grow 10 plants.
As I write asking this question, the soil I’m alluding to is still in their pots. This year instead of storing the soil on concrete, I leaning toward putting it into 40 gal plastic garbage pots, duct tape the lids shut and store outside.

I’m wondering if I should put drain holes in the pots?

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks and spark up
I'm sorry to have missed this post Garybo! :passitleft: My soil's getting to be that old too. It gets done in barrels in my basement. Wow, this is a good one! You may have already acted, let me know how it's going please? My answer would be to be careful to not over wet it as an anaerobic situation can make it go rancid smelling!

Some folks have no problem bringing plants in and out, and that works for them. I don't do it with the idea of keeping the grow free of bugs.

Now having had soil that went rancid for anaerobic reasons, I found a cure! A good dose of Lactic Acid Bacteria wash and a few days for them to have lunch!

Now having had soil that went rancid for anaerobic reasons, I found a cure! A good dose of Lactic Acid Bacteria wash and a few days for them to have lunch!
Wait...wait...wait...some sour milk?

Just leave it out to get the bacteria cultures started? How much do you normally use? Great tip! Thanks

A good dose of Lactic Acid Bacteria wash and a few days for them to have lunch!
@StoneOtter , thanks for your response and your suggestion about using Lactic Acid Bacteria wash. This past season I lost a percentage of my grow due to mold. I intend to start fresh next grow, starting from the soil on up including replacing the fabric pots.
As stated in my original post, I went ahead and stored the soil in plastic garbage containers which are sort of air tight, lids and no air holes.
As a side note, I read the article, "Life cycle of autoflowering cannabis" in your signature, good reading.

@StoneOtter , thanks for your response and your suggestion about using Lactic Acid Bacteria wash. This past season I lost a percentage of my grow due to mold. I intend to start fresh next grow, starting from the soil on up including replacing the fabric pots.
As stated in my original post, I went ahead and stored the soil in plastic garbage containers which are sort of air tight, lids and no air holes.
As a side note, I read the article, "Life cycle of autoflowering cannabis" in your signature, good reading.
I use it every grow at every pot size indoors as an inoculation of LAB goodness. I hear a foliar with it can help with rot. I haven't tried it for that.

No the Geopots I have I haven't noticed any lining at all. I see Brett's response is a yes. Guess there's different geopots then? Or I didn't see very well. I'll take a look when I can Baked. These would be 7 and 10 gallon I believe.
Yes, Skunk!
The 3 x 3 bed is lined not the pots. The bed is not a GeoPot.

Back
Top Bottom