UBV reptile light

joebigblue

I have a grow box, doing hydro, in the top are 2 light strips that hold 3 cfl bulbs each. My seedlings are doing fine, I read an article in which a grower said he added ubv light to his garden during flowering, and it made a big difference in potency, due to more THC being produced. So, I bought two 26 watt ubv fluorescent lights and took the 2 middle cfls out of the lightstrips and put the ubv's in. The grower said he was convinced that ubv's would also help greatly during veg stage. My question: do I need to be careful about how close I have the seedlings to those lights? Or can I move them about 6 inches away like I had them with the straight cfls. I don't want to burn them. Thanks

I have a grow box, doing hydro, in the top are 2 light strips that hold 3 cfl bulbs each. My seedlings are doing fine, I read an article in which a grower said he added ubv light to his garden during flowering, and it made a big difference in potency, due to more THC being produced. So, I bought two 26 watt ubv fluorescent lights and took the 2 middle cfls out of the lightstrips and put the ubv's in. The grower said he was convinced that ubv's would also help greatly during veg stage. My question: do I need to be careful about how close I have the seedlings to those lights? Or can I move them about 6 inches away like I had them with the straight cfls. I don't want to burn them. Thanks

According to what I have read and researched, the increase in UV-B light will in fact increase trichome count and THC content...but you do want to be careful and not give too much UV-B... I would recommend putting your other CFL bulbs back in to run all day, and putting the UV-B bulbs on a separate timer and only run them for like 3 hours a day at the mid day. See how this effects your plants and if they are not showing signs of stress than you may be able to gradually increase the duration of the UV-B light...

UV-B light triggers defence mechanisms in plants, therefor they react by bumping up their production of trichomes, flavanoids, terpenes, phenolics and oils. Too much is bad, but a little is good.

Back
Top Bottom