Ultimate Auto has weird leaves and missing the main node lol

TarheelGrower

Ok so this plant is about 2 weeks old and is totally weird looking lol where the main center node should be its just one huge funny looking leaves....anyone seen this before? I'm thinking about letting it get a little bigger then just chopping the weird leaf off so the two nodes under it can get more light
420-magazine-mobile1156290548.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1288357182.jpg
420-magazine-mobile118888913.jpg

Never seen it before. :whoa: :thedoubletake:
It looks like that top is the termination of its apical meristem. I think I'd cut it off now, but IDK...

Yeah I think I'm with you...gonna chop it to off now, it will be like the plant was topped from the get go lol Hell who knows...maybe it will turn out to be a monster!

I say let it grow and train the branches to grow out and around it I want to see what else it does.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using 420

Sorry redmud, done chopped it off...we'll see how she does. I'm gonna be starting a auto grow journal involving this funky auto ultimate, one think different, and one auto blackberry kush all from dutch passion...so I'll definitely keep you folks updated

:thumb: I think you made the right call. I don 't see that leaf as adding anything to the plant in the long run and this should help the plant get a little more "normal" in its growth habit. With autos, time is against you for playing around with them, so sooner is better than later, IMO.

Yeah I guess curiosity killed the cat/ plant good choice to not grow a giant weird leaf lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using 420

Ok so while checking out my girls last night, I noticed the auto ultimate has new growth coming from where the weird leaf was...I'll let you fellas be the judge, but it looks to me like two leaves and a node!
420-magazine-mobile441372681.jpg
420-magazine-mobile178783116.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1361321428.jpg

Now ain't that some shit!?!

Keep in mind, it was only 8 days ago that I chopped this funky looking leaf off thinking it was doing more harm than good...you can tell by the photo, it was a leaf... No question about it. Now a node is emerging.... I don't know about you guys but I've sure never heard of nor seem this before. Kinda excited about what this turns out like ;)

Yeah I think I'm with you...gonna chop it to off now, it will be like the plant was topped from the get go lol Hell who knows...maybe it will turn out to be a monster!

It already is one lol

Any updates? Just found your strange baby and as i love auto ultimate i would love to see how she ended.
Btw ive done over 1000 ultimates and never seen such strange baby, i would have definitely kept her as she was ! :)

420-magazine-mobile1733684682.jpg
this is her as of yesterday, the node growing where the leaf was is getting bigger ;) I'll post a up close pic of it when I get home from work this evening

As soon as her limbs get a little longer I'm gonna start trying them down so that all nodes are getting light...here is my think different and auto blackberry kush that I just started training yesterday
420-magazine-mobile1099510289.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1734490299.jpg

Back
Top Bottom