Vapors Kushberry & Silver Bubble Buckets

IMG00293-20100612-18551.jpg

Great Colas.. Fox Tails look awesome.. Going to be sum goood smoooke;)

Thanks Bro, small sample in the oven now of some clear to cloudy...hopefully a few more days till amber city...

whats the deal with the fox tales? stress or just a trait?

Thanks Bro, small sample in the oven now of some clear to cloudy...hopefully a few more days till amber city...

whats the deal with the fox tales? stress or just a trait?
I think its Trait,, Its nice, it is when the "calyxes" or whatever just start stacking up! Pure Nugget!

I found a debate on another board, several trying to say its a bad thing....felt it was caused by stress and made for crap bag appeal...

looks very cool to me as well as you pointed out...more bud!!
I grew a round of ISS once and thats how all the cola's grew, and those ladies were never stressed they were babied from day 1. I liked it

today is week 10 for the Kushberry and were at 20% amber so 2 more days and finally going to chop her. I thought this was a 8 week strain and started flushing week 7 so maybe I slowed things down a bit, perhaps the sativa pheno showing up?

Silver bubble looks like it has about a week to go and was touted as a 9-10 week strain....

IMG00314-20100624-1553-1.jpg

cant tell but my hand is at the bottom of the cola
IMG00313-20100624-1546.jpg

IMG00307-20100624-1543.jpg

lower growth near the t5
IMG00308-20100624-1543.jpg

next generation 3 weeks in under the t5, they will move under the hps this weekend..
IMG00304-20100618-1202.jpg

IMG00317-20100624-1651.jpg

Looking great bro! Have fun with the harvest:cheer: the foxtails look awesome in my book!

the plants that don't want to grow up and leave. The "i'm keeping my clear trichs, thanks" ones... We'll be doing this in week nineteen, i'm pretty sure.

I'm thinking about bottling my res water and selling it as a youth elixir...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The plants that don't want to grow up and leave. The "I'm keeping my clear trichs, thanks" ones... We'll be doing this in week nineteen, I'm pretty sure.

I'm thinking about bottling my res water and selling it as a youth elixir...

lol.........I was just assuming it was the seed companies being a tad over zealous on their ripening times........

Strangely enough the kushberry that's been under the t5 blooming for 3 weeks look more mature then their sister under the hps for the same amount of time...no red hairs on the hps but covered under the t5.....

I knew there was a difference between your hangers-on and my hangers-on, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I realized... your leaves look healthy. What's up with that? :smokin:

btw my leaves look healthy due to the hps light and my shitty camera phone, they are a yellow.salmon color dying quickly...

hey are you flushing with pure water or adding anything? Ive been adding flora nectar but i think ill stop the last 2 days here.......

btw my leaves look healthy due to the hps light and my shitty camera phone, they are a yellow.salmon color dying quickly...

hey are you flushing with pure water or adding anything? Ive been adding flora nectar but i think ill stop the last 2 days here.......

Vapor, I'm still feeding. I've got them on 1/2 rations until I see some more amber trichs. They're still not even all cloudy yet. They showed sex the first week of April, so that's been going on 11 weeks now...

But when I do get to final flush, I'm not going to add Flora Nectar. Did it last time and it turned out OK, but I'd like to see if there's a difference when I don't. I still haven't read about anyone else using it by itself at harvest, so have no idea whether it even makes much difference.

just checked and looking no different then yesterday, wonder if i should add some nutes for a few days, or bad idea so far into the flush?

anyone?

My 2 cents worth is that you're flushing to get rid of noticeable chemicals, so if you feed them anything you'll have to start the flush over. I don't think it'll do any good to feed them just a little.

You could start feeding them again though if you think this is going to last more than another week or so. I'm in unexplored territory myself (keeping plants for this long) so hopefully someone who's done it before can help you out more with their advice.

PS: I'm reading up on water-curing, which would solve the residual nutes at harvest problem...

My 2 cents worth is that you're flushing to get rid of noticeable chemicals, so if you feed them anything you'll have to start the flush over. I don't think it'll do any good to feed them just a little.

You could start feeding them again though if you think this is going to last more than another week or so. I'm in unexplored territory myself (keeping plants for this long) so hopefully someone who's done it before can help you out more with their advice.

PS: I'm reading up on water-curing, which would solve the residual nutes at harvest problem...

maybe a tad more sugar water and a touch of nova, I can always run some florakleen for a day and flush.......water cure huh, sounds kinda scary ..

maybe a tad more sugar water and a touch of nova, I can always run some florakleen for a day and flush.......water cure huh, sounds kinda scary ..

Here's an explanation that might make sense:
Water Curing is done by cutting down your buds and removing the fan leaves. It's optional to do further trimming, but note that cured trimmings always make better hash. Place them in a bin of Reverse Osmosis water and keep below above 65F and below 75F. Use something to gently weigh them down. Once a day for 3-7 days (depending on personal preference) change out the water with clean fresh RO water. Because there is a high concentration of chlorophyll and salts in the buds and none in the water, Osmosis will naturally occur, drawing it out of the plant until the levels are equal. The water is changed out to keep the osmotic pressure at its highest: day old water will not have the same osmotic force to suck out everything. After the 3-7 days, hang and dry the buds like you normally would. Done!
Results:
-Less bag appeal
-The smoothest bud you'll ever smoke
-Bud is more potent, but only because the total weight is reduced. IE- where you may get 1.5g air curing, you'll only get 1g with water cure: a much purer product
-Using this method allows you to pump in nutrients all the way to the end, with NO 1-2 weeks of flushing. That could increase yields significantly.

Remember that nothing we want to smoke is water soluble. That means it will not leach out into the water. The only thing that can happen is trichomes can break off if you treat the buds roughly: be gentle.

Back
Top Bottom