Veg to Flower help

:420:Hey its me again lol. After researching the hid bulb in the lamp I was thinking of using for flowering. It turns out it is a (9000 lumen 2100k ). And I was wondering if that was too far from the spectrum of the 2700k for me to use.

king john, are you saying because its 70wt?9k lumen? or 2100k? that it should be used for supplemental only??

all of my hps says 2100k, ive never had a hps bulb that was above 2100k.

thanks for the light charts:high-five:

I misread your earlier post and now I suggested using the 100 watt as supplemental lighting for 3 reasons

1) the size with 7 plants that range in height from 20" to 27" and the area you are lighting.

2) the wattage and lumens it will provide may only cover 2 square feet and your grow area is 5' x 5'.

3) for High Intensity Discharge lighting 50 watts per square foot is the recommended amount, a 5'x5' area would need a 1000 watt High Pressure Sodium light.

Good afternoon guys. Ok I have a bit of a situation.... My local grow shop only had 3000k T5 bulbs. I needed 6 I bought 4 and switched to 12/12.So I am running 4- 3000's and 2- 6500k's. My question is this, will the 3000k's effect my bud density and or size? should I use them or spring for 6- 2700's online or should I could I use 3- 2700's and 3- 3000's. I am really just looking for the best quality bud I can get with the T5's for now. Next time I am thinking HID :)

Hi again pinky2213. I think anything relatively close to 2700K (which I consider 3000k to be) will work fine. Perhaps a local hardware store might have a few t5 bulbs closer to 2700K that you can pick up sometime in the near future to replace the two 6500's that currently complete your fixture, but a week or two with those 6500's in there won't hurt a thing.

Heck, my girls are 3 weeks into flower and my 2500K HPS bulb quit on me the other day and I found myself without a spare, so I stuck a 4000K MH bulb in there until a new HPS arrives. Not worried in the least.

thanks I will check out the hardware store for sure. And as for your HPS bilb, things do happen at the moist inopportune times huh? lol I am going to get me at least 2 more 3000k's prolly tomorrow. Now I am contending with a lack of heat issue. It is winter where I live and it has been near 0 deg. So when my lights are on the off cycle the temp in my closet gets like 67 or 68 deg. I am not sure what to do about that, I thought about using candles but I am not sure how much light will hurt the bloom process. And btw thank you for your help.

67-68 degrees at night is a good temp - even down to the low 60s is fine. In fact, those temps will help bring out any color your strain has.

The plants are very sensitive to light during the night. Candles would be bad. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you Graytail its good to hear that. Being new I am kind of nervous :). A lot of people think you can just throw some seeds in some dirt and there ya go. And I "thought' I knew a fair amount, but since I have undertaken thin little project I have learned sooooo much it is kind of unreal ! But this site and the people here are so helpful ! this is a good place to be and learn. :420:

just thought I would update....after 12 days on 12/12 my flowers are starting to be clearly visible.
the set up is...
Soil-MG+15%perlite+10%EWC
Lights-(1) 4'x 6tube(3000k) HO's flouros+(1) 100 watt (2700k) HID (I rotate plants when I feed so all plants are exposed to both lights)
Nutes are- GH ( I feed every 3 to 4 days. The mix is 10ml ea. Flora Grow, Micro and Bloom and I alternate 5mls of h202 and molasses) they get 46oz. per bucket or until liquid is visible in drain holes.
Grow area- 5'x5' closet
I am running (3) 2 ltr. sugar/yeast co2 generators (not sure of the ppm's)
My temps are at the biggest fluctuation 79 to 66 deg.(F)
I am running one dual blade fan and one 2000cfm scrubber.
My PH is 6.5 on the nute solution.
My girls seem to be doing pretty good. But any input on maxing my bud size/density would be greatly appreciated.:thanks:

20140203073651.jpg
20140202093537.jpg
20140206092123.jpg
20140202093652.jpg

When you switch to flowering you should also change your nutrient mixture. I would transition your nutrient mixture to 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Gro, 7 millilitres per gallon of Flora Micro and 10 millilitres per gallon of Flora Bloom. Always shake your nutrients before use. Always start by adding to water Flora Micro first, Flora Bloom second and then Flora Gro third.

thanks KingJohn, will do I knew to do the micro first. seems like I saw a "GH" vid on that but I didn't really know the order on the rest. Do you think if I folier fed maybe once a week with liquid seaweed it would have bennies for me?

There are some growers who really like using liquid seaweed for their plants. You could try using the liquid seaweed on some of your plants to establish what the difference between plants treated with liquid seaweed and plants not treated with liquid seaweed and see what benefits the liquid seaweed has.

10 days into flower with my bag seeds (first grow). Using GH nutes (switched nutes to 5,7,10 - FG,FM,FB). Still alternating with 5ml h202 and molasses. Ladies seem happy and healthy blooms are dime to nickel sized. I was wondering if anyone could give me an educated guess on the possible yield for the 7 plants? Also I was wondering if I should feed straight water every third or fourth watering to prevent "lock"?
20140211101503.jpg
20140214081040.jpg
20140214080132.jpg
20140214080225.jpg

Back
Top Bottom