Ventilation on new grow room

buysser

I'm just finishing the completion of my grow room and originally I had planned on a passive air intake from outside and pulling air from a different room in our house but now I'm wondering if just the air from the house will provide enough co2? also, I live in a part of the country thay gets very cold and very hot so I was concerned about pulling that air in. Your thoughts? :)

How large is your grow? Using the air from your house will be fine for most grows.

If its a bedroom closet grow, just set your light schedule so they flower at night while you sleep, your breathing will give your plants CO2 and the plants will give you O2.

If you do draw air from outside, you can run into some strange problems. You will have a huge new potential for pests, and you can also have problems with your hood fogging up with huge temp changes.

I should mention its an attic grow. I built a separate room with plywood much insulation and am going LED. my actual grow area is 6' x 8' x 8' tall. My fan will be in a soundproof box outside the room vented from the center of the room in the ceiling out the roof via a six inch duct. I'm going to run a six inch twenty five foot double insulated duct from a room in our house into the grow room. Going organic, I think it's the best for the plant... thanks for the response! Sound good? Oh, first time maybe four plants then create my own clone factory. None on but mine. :) I can't freaking wait

Being in the attic the key is going to be adding heat and cold air when needed. So if inside of house is stable that would be a good place to pull from. Now if your doing soil grow it will be a lot easier with the cold and heat problem. Hydo it will suck and have all kinds of problems with water to hot and cold. So I would hope you are going to do soil. Witch in my eyes is best thing to do anyway with having long term mother plants for clones.

Hey CO Finest
good to hear from you. I've been thinking about you, I have a pile of pictures showing progress of the room. I think it's going to come out nice.I to think that I can stabilize the temperature and adjust with something on the inside of the room so does that mean you think I should scrap the passive air intake?
Thanks much

No. Bring cool air in from out side of tent and threw light then back outside tent would be way better for temp.
Using hot air in tent to run threw lights does not cool half as good.

Yes you will need a fresh air vent coming in. That would give you enough co2 if it just was coming from inside your house.

I should mention its an attic grow. I built a separate room with plywood much insulation and am going LED. my actual grow area is 6' x 8' x 8' tall. My fan will be in a soundproof box outside the room vented from the center of the room in the ceiling out the roof via a six inch duct. I'm going to run a six inch twenty five foot double insulated duct from a room in our house into the grow room. Going organic, I think it's the best for the plant... thanks for the response! Sound good? Oh, first time maybe four plants then create my own clone factory. None on but mine. :) I can't freaking wait

This sounds good, CO2 is rarely the limiting factor in a grow anyways, you usually have to get pretty dialed before lack of CO2 starts inhibiting you. I think you should have a great start, and after you get a few runs under you belt, maybe then you could consider re-visiting CO2 if you still feel its your limiting factor, although I highly doubt it will be.

Best of luck, and keep posting your progress for us if you don't mind!

Don't mind at all. Gonna throw some pics of the room up pretty quick. I'm taking my time and doing it right to the best of my ability. I poked a hole up thru the room into the attic and to my pleasant surprise it was only about 5 feet from the grow room do that should help with cool and heat loss.
Like you said, get a couple grows and assess all along with adjustments.

and so in thinking, I have options. There's s five foot run from the house into the left side of the room down low dead center. Exhaust is 4 feet to the right of that and straight up 8 feet. Should I pipe it straight in from the six incher or take the time to floor duct it running about 4" high to the other side of the room with holes in it? So under the plants or close to it blowing whatever direction? I'll be filtering it also. Once again, thanks

Back
Top Bottom