Very first Grow! A girl needs a mentor

Chelseasmokes

I'm starting this new venture totally blind, having to resort to YouTube & an educated guesses...
Going with both feet tho, determined to learn & grow happy!

Setup:
4x8 grow tent
2 x dimmable 600 watt hps & mh bulbs
Hydroponic bubbler system
Babies:
Chronic lights (chronic x northern lights)
White widow x big bud
Dr. Kripplings Incredible Bulk
Strain Hunters Money Maker
Stage:
Early Veg... 5 days in rock wool
Got nine sprouts
BUT LEAVES ARE TURNING LIL BROWN AT TIPS
Conditions:
75-81 degrees
Humidity very low outside of dome
Currently in rock wool inside of dome
Been watered 2xs so far
1)BUT BROWNING TIPS LIL SCARY?
2)NOT SURE IF I SHOULD TAKE DOME OFF FOR THE NINE THAT SPROUTED OR WAIT TILL OTHER TEN COME THROUGH?
PLEASE HELP A GIRL FEEL BETTER!!!!

Re: Very first Grow! A girl needs a mentor...

Could be a little bit of nutrient burn...

May suggest you are using to much nutrients for the stage of growth a PH & PPM pen or some thing along those lines may help out !

You could improvise by using a 25% strength of suggested values for time being :thumb:

Bubble buckets or other water based systems PH of nutrient solution is best kept around PH 5.8

That's a pretty serious set up for your first grow. Best of luck! I started with two plants in Home Depot buckets and a bunch of CFL's. Within two weeks I had a 4x4 grow tent and PlatinumLED lights and all my plants in smart pots. I moved from ghetto to props fast as I could. :)

I just finished a grow with "Chronic" and it is a great strain... Fell free to ask any questions... Here are some tips for "Nute Burn" as mentioned by Fuzzy, I believe he is dead on!... I just copied and pasted some info from a nice website I use often for questions I have... Good luck and keep us posted... Learn how to post pics it will help you and us to help you much better and easier! Here is a pick of some nice Chronic!

Solution For Nute Burn
If you are using bottled nutrients - Most people who get nute burn are feeding their plants extra nutrients in the water. First off, make sure you are using a quality set of nutrients that has been specifically designed for cannabis plants. Any nutrient system designed for plants like a tomato will also work in a pinch. Also make sure you are feeding nutrients for the right growth stage - for example, all cannabis nutrient systems have you feed different nutrients for the vegetative and flowering stage. If you are feeding the wrong type of nutrients for the stage your plant is in, that is an easy way to give your plants lots of nutrient problems including nutrient burn. If you are using the wrong type of nutrients for a plant like cannabis, you will eventually run into nutrient problems, one way or another. Many nutrient systems come with instructions to feed your plant more nutrients than most plants actually need. It's good business for the nutrient companies if you use more nutrients. However, in my experience it's a good idea to view the feeding charts that come with any nutrient system as the maximum amount of nutrients and actually start with much lower levels. I tend to start with half the recommended amount, and slowly work my way up only if needed.

Hydro system - Reduce the overall levels of nutrients in your water reservoir by either adding plain pH'ed water to dilute the water, or you could also mix up a new set of nutrients (at lower levels) and completely change the water. Be careful not to make big changes too fast, it's better to go relatively slowly in hydro. In hydro, once you change the water and lower the nutrient levels to an appropriate level, you should immediately notice the nutrient burn stop spreading. Old leaves won't recover, but you shouldn't notice any leaves getting worse.
If you don't have a TDS meter to measure the levels of nutrients (and other extra stuff) in your water, I would normally start your plants with a fraction (perhaps 1/2) of the nutrients you were giving them before - and then work your way up to higher nutrient levels only if you notice the lower leaves are starting to yellow too quickly (nitrogen deficiency). Even then, try to move up nutrient levels as slowly as you can. If you lose leaves to a nitrogen deficiency from slightly too-low nutrient levels, you will lose a few of the least important lower leaves. But if you raise nutrient levels to fast and get nutrient burn, all the leaves on the whole plant will be affected and never recover fully. One of the things that can be frustrating about hydro is that different plants or strains will be okay with different amounts of nutrients. You can be giving 2 plants the exact same levels of nutrients, and one might get nutrient burn while the other plant is getting a deficiency at the same level. This is because different plants absorb the nutrients at different rates.
0012248.JPG

Thank you guys for the info... But I haven't been feeding Nutes yet... They are now 7 days planted in the wool.. Isn't that too soon?

If they are only 7 days old you are right not to nute. They don't need it right away. Do they just have the small rounded leaves or have they begun to grow more mj looking leaves? If they have begun to grow mature leaves beyond their seedling leaves taking nutrients from the smaller rounded leaves, called cotyledon leaves, to promote new growth. Typically first to go is nitrogen and those cotyledon leaves will yellow. Any way you can take a pic so we can confirm?

Also, which hydro bubbler are you using? Are they already in their permanent home or will they be moved from this birthing area to a new grow area?

Back
Top Bottom