Very First Grow: G13 Haze, White Widow & some bagseed

the lights are only inches from the tops of the tallest plants. what do you suggest I do shaggy_420?

should I support the stemps with straws or something? I have a fan blowing in the room and I can see the stems swaying in the breeze, I'm hoping that will strengthen them up some.

if i read correctly you had them 5 inches at first
have you recently moved them any lower than that?

theres not much you can do at this point
except hope the stems grow fatter
the fan will help with that

....no
since there is not plant to absorb the light there is no real reason to even have a light on an unsprouted plant
except maybe for warmth

things are starting to move along nicely now. I think I may have bitten off more then I can chew though, four more of those G13 haze seeds have broken ground. That makes 14 total plants now I have growing (6 - G13 Haze, 4 WW, 3 freebies, and 1 bagseeds). Since this is my first grow I'm expecting a very low yeild due to the fact that I'll probably make a bunch of mistakes. Thats why I started so many plants at one time, in hind sight I probably should have done just one strain, but if these turn out to be all females don't know if its going to be a curse or a blessing.

to solve my lighting problem I went to the light store and picked up some 6500k 13w 800 lumes CFL's. they where on sale 4 for $5.89 I also got a bunch of 3500k for when its time to flower.

SO I re-rigged my setup to use these new lights. hope this increased electrical consumption doesn't draw any unwanted attention from the po=po's.

Seeing how some people on here used soda cans a reflectors for their lights I took it one step further. I had some reflective heat shielding from Jegs (an automotive parts catalog) laying around from a previous project so I cut it up to size and made some nifty shields for the lights. This material was designed specifically to reflect heat so I think it will do the job nicely.

DSC02229.JPG

DSC02231.JPG

My kids have been under the light for less then a day and I can already see a big improvement in their growth. here is the garden all setup now with 15 or so lights now.

DSC02236.JPG

DSC022371.JPG

DSC02242.JPG

DSC02243.JPG

these white buckets as well as the two green buckets to the left are all the G13 Haze, I'm trying to keep the lights as close as possible to keep the plants from having to STRETCH like my other ones.

DSC02244.JPG

DSC02245.JPG

suggestions & comments are welcome... :peace:

Cover those stems up to the first leaf's in soil.

You will regret it, and this will cause much more roots to grow from the stem in coming weaks, a much stronger, sturdier plant.

Pack the soil around the stem, and pick it around the stem firmly.

those are nice reflectors buzzed. But once your girls start to get bigger i would remove them reflectors and sit them inside the pots and line them up so that the lower of the plants will receive light as well as the top. Or do both. (ITS UP to you)

I read some where, when some 1 put some cds (LOL) at the bottom of the pot to reflect light to the lower of the plants, and i said shit, i might as well do that too but instead i got soda can material to reflect the bottom.

But this is just a suggestion, you dont have to do it, what u have now is great.

Also i recommend 2700k for flowering only. (Its best to go the lowest on color spectruem when flowering) something else i read and researched. ;]

Hope this helps...

Cover those stems up to the first leaf's in soil.

You will regret it, and this will cause much more roots to grow from the stem in coming weaks, a much stronger, sturdier plant.

Pack the soil around the stem, and pick it around the stem firmly.

funny you say that Horable, thats just what I got done doing.:cool:
at most now I have an inch of stem showing on some of the larger ones and the rest are piled nice and high up to the first set of leaves.

those lights & reflectors made a HUGE difference compared to the 4 crappy florecent tubes I was using before. I sweare the leaves got bigger in just a couple hours from when I took those pics to when I covered the stems up with soil. :grinjoint:

its amazing what you learn on your first grow. :rollit:

thank you everyone for the comments and suggestions so far, please keep them coming.

Also i recommend 2700k for flowering only. (Its best to go the lowest on color spectruem when flowering) something else i read and researched. ;]

The best combo for a CFL grow is a even combo of soft white and bright whites... But either way works really.

see, i've read that 6500k was the best spectrum for veg and 3-3500k was the best for flowering. I'm sure there is more then one way to skin a cat though. I'll just be happy if I get some meds out of this.

see, i've read that 6500k was the best spectrum for veg and 3-3500k was the best for flowering. I'm sure there is more then one way to skin a cat though. I'll just be happy if I get some meds out of this.

LOL yea i read the same as well.

I'll just be happy if I get some meds out of this.

:bongrip: Agreed !

some updated pics and a couple questions. first the pics.

combinatin of 4 white widow plants, 1 bagseed and three of the five "FREE" seeds I got with my order.

DSC02252.JPG

DSC02246.JPG

DSC02247.JPG

my six G13 HAze plants

DSC02253.JPG

DSC02249.JPG

DSC02248.JPG

DSC02250.JPG

DSC02257.JPG

the whole family

DSC02251.JPG

a little cool in there with the fan going

DSC02254.JPG

now, on to my question. this is what two of the leafs on my plants look like. any ideas what its from? too much heat maybe?

DSC02262.JPG

DSC02263.JPG

questions, comments and suggestions are welcome.:peace::rollit:

Ok, good job on adding more soil for support. I do see where you watered though, and it looks as it's just going to the side. My suggestion would be to create a small crater surrounding the plant so the water catches at the top. Your root system is not all the way to the side. ;-) Or, you could retransplant into the same spots by taking out the plants and repotting them so they are lower.

Ok, good job on adding more soil for support. I do see where you watered though, and it looks as it's just going to the side. My suggestion would be to create a small crater surrounding the plant so the water catches at the top. Your root system is not all the way to the side. ;-) Or, you could retransplant into the same spots by taking out the plants and repotting them so they are lower.

Ms. Fox. I watered them both in the center and on the sides. I did make a little 'ditch' or 'canel' around the edge to catch the water so it doesn't run off. I was hoping that the roots would STRETCH out to the sides in order to reach the water.

Ms. Fox. I watered them both in the center and on the sides. I did make a little 'ditch' or 'canel' around the edge to catch the water so it doesn't run off. I was hoping that the roots would STRETCH out to the sides in order to reach the water.

Honey, that won't happen overnight. Just make sure they receive adequate water. You'll be able to tell if they aren't getting enough. The soil looks very dry. Use your best judgement. ;-)

thanks for the tips.

the pots are pretty heavy still, I did just watered them yesterday before I packed the tops with more soil to support the stems. thats probably why they look so dry, the soil underneath is still damp I'm sure. I just poured a little more water over them today before I took those picks. I use much because I didn't want to over water them.

how can you tell if they are under watered, what are the signs?

Back
Top Bottom