Virgin Grower needs reassurance

Re: Virgin needs reassurance :)

Girls weren't eating as much as usual so went in to the tank and found some stinky mushy roots :-( must've been left overs from the dead runt ive taken out few weeks back. Flushed them with phd water with 1 and 1/2 ounce of 6% hydrogen peroxide for about 10 min.

Filled up qith fresh water with nuts, 1530 ppm and 5.7 ph
Ill upload pics tomorrow, have to get my hands on a magnifying glass and check the trichs next week as they have about 2 weeks left.

Ill be adding half ounce of peroxide every 3 days from now . Used to do it at the veg stage but stopped in secind week of 12/12....better safe than sorry:)

So ive tried uploading on my laptop but ze usb port is fucked soooo no way jose, excersise yo necks.

Question,
Is it wise to give them 14 hours of darkness as opposed to 12? Read in few posts that its supposed to benefit the overall yeild, any experience?
20140525_232344.jpg
20140525_232421.jpg
20140601_222442.jpg
20140601_222519.jpg

I stick to a 12/12 light cycle for maximum yield.

You're flirting with pythium / root rot. If it were me, I would ditch the DWC idea and transplant into Rockwool grow cubes, then then use beneficial bacteria to get the roots back to tip top health.

Maybe you will be ok, but if lower leaves start turning yellow, or roots start to look worse, you'll know you're in trouble. For me, I wouldn't risk it. You're on the cusp of a great harvest. I've gotten root rot at this stage before in DWC. It's near impossible to turn it around. H2O2 doesn't phase it.

Tea recipe: How to get pearly white roots and accellerate vegetative growth - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Roots should look like this:

PearlyWhites.jpg

Man that cannot be named on this site said that h202 is really a remedy for everything, ive followed his tutorial religiously and so far ive done well enough so ill stick woth him. Saying that I do appreciate the advice:) mind tou those roots are badly stained from nuts aswell. Aswell as that id find it hard to pull the plant out at this stage, ive pullued em all out couple of werks ago and let me tell you it was a wotkout and a half and im fit enough to play 2 hours of football straight:-D

Fingers crossed brother, theyve started eating again and buds are growing again sooooo praise the lorda:)

Man that cannot be named on this site said that h202 is really a remedy for everything, ive followed his tutorial religiously and so far ive done well enough so ill stick woth him. Saying that I do appreciate the advice:) mind tou those roots are badly stained from nuts aswell. Aswell as that id find it hard to pull the plant out at this stage, ive pullued em all out couple of werks ago and let me tell you it was a wotkout and a half and im fit enough to play 2 hours of football straight:-D

Fingers crossed brother, theyve started eating again and buds are growing again sooooo praise the lorda:)

>>>theyve started eating again and buds are growing again
Glad to hear it.

>>>Man that cannot be named on this site said that h202 is really a remedy for everything, ive followed his tutorial religiously and so far ive done well enough so ill stick woth him.
Sounds good, man. That's definitely a good idea to follow the lead of someone you trust. But you might want to ask him / her why the mushy & stinky roots came about.

>>>mind tou those roots are badly stained from nuts aswell
I think my roots are STAIN proof. I even use liquid seaweed, which is practically black! I do, however, keep my nuts out of the reservoir. :rofl:

Should I start them on ripen yet?
By the 12/12 switch they are 53 days in, I think flowers showed a week into it, so they would be on 46 dayd in since flowers showed up ( in and around).

They reckon seven weeks fir the strain, from what I read its accurate enough give or take a week.

Ive checked the trichs under ze microscope andmajorit are mushroomy few are like sticks wether thats from me damaging it while picking the sample or not being mature?
They look in between cloudy and clear to me althought I cant see much of a difference between what is a guideline on this forum in the harvest section in the first sticky ( sorry phone being awkward so can't copy the link)

What do I do?

Should I start them on ripen yet?
By the 12/12 switch they are 53 days in, I think flowers showed a week into it, so they would be on 46 dayd in since flowers showed up ( in and around).

They reckon seven weeks fir the strain, from what I read its accurate enough give or take a week.

Ive checked the trichs under ze microscope andmajorit are mushroomy few are like sticks wether thats from me damaging it while picking the sample or not being mature?
They look in between cloudy and clear to me althought I cant see much of a difference between what is a guideline on this forum in the harvest section in the first sticky ( sorry phone being awkward so can't copy the link)

What do I do?

I'm having a hard time understanding what you've typed here. I think you're hitting the bong just before you update your journal. :rofl:

First of all, you have a winner strain and phenotype here. I hope you took a clone of it. It is super frosty and nice size colas for just CFL lights. I can't imagine what it would do under HPS.

Second, you've done a great job. They really look nice and healthy. Definitely doesn't look like a virgin grow.

If it were me, I would take a couple small buds off now, and start drying them, just to satisfy my curiosity for a smoke report. Then let it go another week on your "ripen" recipe. After that, if most all the pistils are brown and trics are milky / cloudy, start your flush, and flush for at least 5 days.

I'm looking forward to seeing your harvest.

Thank You Capn,

Its more of a verbal diarrhoea issue with me. Alwayd had a problem with thinking before talking or writing:-D

Unfortunately I havent taking any clones as im moving out of the grow room and being my first grow didn't even think about it :-(

Ive snipped a decent enough bud and trimmed the leaves of it, left it on a piece of paper with fan blowing over it. How coule I fast dry it? Wont be doing it til tomorrow as its a bit too late to smoke now :-D

Started Gh Ripen today, cant wait for the finished product, hopefully she'll yeild a good bit:-D

Hey, nice grow and thread.

Can you tell me what you are doing for odor control? Are you using the bathroom fan? If so, are you supplementing that at all with a carbon filter? Curious minds want to know.

Much appreciated :)

Not using anything :)
used ona gel but i found it not really working as good as people find it, it dries up very quickly and doesnt really cover the smell at all,its more of a mixture of linen smell and ganja which is rather enjoyable. I've actually left it in the hall today and it seems like it works better so maybe leaving it out of the growing area gives you better result.also found that it kills the smell of the plant :(

ive 2 9'' fans and two clip on 4'' me thinks for air circulation,in veg i had the window opened all day and in flower only when lights are on,was looking to get a inline fan but being on a tight budget did not allow me to do so.

hope it helps brother and welcom to the forum :)

20140625_221428.jpg
20140625_221434.jpg

So ive taken off the tops and such, thats what im ledt with on the plant and there loads of it, the 12/12 cycle has been broken so my question is do Iput it back to 12/12 or should I chop it down and make hash? Id rather make hash out of it....just saying:-D

Back
Top Bottom