Vladimir's - Coco - Acapulco Gold - Flux - CMH 150W

its all good vlad and fuck the western mafioso pricks everyone at the olympics is on something i know personally the australian athletes recieve "peptides" and "vitamin" injections at the australian institute of sport as i boxed for my country ,olympics mean nothing now vlad just a big high school sports carnival

olympics mean nothing now

Countries sure don't interrupt their war activities in order to participate like they did 2,400+ years ago. I guess we're all civilized now.

I'd suggest that there ought to be a separate set of "open" classes for all the competitions because, hey, we've got a couple billion too many people on the planet now and if a bunch of them wish to shorten their lifespans and lower their fertility rates far be it for me to stand in their way, lol, but.. Well, I don't enjoy seeing beards on chicks - and I do enjoy seeing t!ts on 'em. I suppose that whatever the rulemakers decide, it isn't going to affect me because (a) I am not competing in the Olympics, (b) I did not - and do not intend to - attend the games, and (c) it turns out that I was busy and CBA to watch it on some kind of television-like device. The last time I really tried to watch as many games as possible, the Winter portion was being held in... Lake Placid, NY, lol? I do remember being a little annoyed in 1992(?) when they decided to screw with the format and hold the Winter and Summer events on separate years. For all I know, they've introduced Russian Roulette (err... it just occurred to me to wonder if that is known by a different name in Russia. Hmm...) as an Olympic sport. IDK if I'd bother to watch such an event or not - I've played so many FPS games over the years that I'd probably be too busy griping about the poor quality of the visuals to pay attention to who ended up, err... winning(?) the competition.

I did walk down to the local city park and watch a little league baseball game, though. Live sports. No drugs (well... a couple spectators might have been stoned). No b!tching. No boycotting. I doubt there was a single bribe involved. And when the team members shook hands afterward with their opponents, it looked like they were actually friendly and you could imagine them hanging out together afterward (maybe they did, IDK - but I doubt they got p!ss-drunk and vandalized any gas stations :rolleyes: ). It was awesome!

Aside from that, I guess the modern Olympics is sort of like auto racing... If you've already been caught cheating 32,000 times, they start looking at you a little closer than those who haven't (or haven't been caught as often, at least). That, in and of itself, does not necessarily mean that the individual/team/country/etc. is any more likely to cheat - but it does tend to mean that they are more likely to get caught... They ought to just start shooting everyone that they catch cheating in the head. Sooner or later, people would either decide the price of getting caught outweighed any possible benefits of cheating and stop doing so - or become so motivated to create a method of cheating without getting caught that no one got caught, and I wouldn't have to hear about on the news when I'm trying to learn about events that actually matter. Either way, someone would end up offering to pay for a chance to watch the shootings, lol, and maybe they could afford to clean the sewers that they hold the water events in.

EDIT: Oops, I meant to post that I hoped your new strategy of paying attention to your pH levels paid dividends by giving you healthier plants. I guess I forgot when I started ranting.

I like the "awakened" discussion.

Anyway I'm not down with the corporate slavery that has enveloped the "developing" world.

So, another state of growing limbo for the Vlad to endure as last night I flushed the plants then fed them for the first time a correctly PH'd diet. I'm amazed they lived this long with PH problems and i had no idea.

As you know I've been puffing on a G Pro vape pen by (insert company name here). It's a total piece of crap. After about a month I vaped 150 grams of Kind through it, extremely inefficient but does get the user high. But it tastes bad after a few hits and tip gets hot. Also drawing the vapor into your lungs is like sucking icecream through a straw.

I fixed that though... by boring out the holes to a slightly larger diameter for more air flow in the oven chamber

Anyway I take things apart quite a few times, when new and after a month. Rubber grommet is smoldered, wtf!!

Mouth piece dropped to the floor from a low altitude one time and came apart.
Mouth piece began to become brittle and has a hole from the heat.

So disappointed, but luckily I ordered an "Elite" vape from same company that is running for vape of the year :laughtwo:

V:bongrip:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

OK

I'm back. Amazing how much can happen in just 24 hours.

All the plants look like they made a 180 degree turn towards health.

Went downtown shopping, got 4 x NEW MH bulbs for ... drum roll please... $7 !!! AHAHAHAHAHA :rofl::laughtwo::cool::hookah:;)

One of them is a "full spectrum" MH with peaks in the red and blue spectrum and no green or yellow, see it here on Vlad's journal of oddities, coming soon to 12/12.
IT LOOKS JUST LIKE LED omg!!1111 :lot-o-toke::jawdropper:

Explodey will be upgraded to the final level, 2.5 gallons
Yesterday I totally drowned her petite 1 gallon container and today it's nice and light which means she's ready for it.

Failure has made me stronger :bongrip:

IMG_235522.JPG
IMG_235622.JPG
IMG_235420.JPG

Morning Vladimir, Nice job on buy. Not sure how close your light are to your plants but it looks to be a bit close. Raised edges and brown upturned tips are heat stress. But glad you turn around your PH issues. Color looks good on plants.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

What up Miller :bongrip:

Light is about 18" away. I did just move it up when i took the photo

You're looking at the aftershock from feeding the plants > 9.0 PH`d nutrient :tokin:

I checked the reservoir with the new PH meter, that's how I found out about the PH being wrong

Oh, ok. 18" is actually a bit far, my 420 watt I'd 8". But I have a fan blowing on it to keep heat off it. Cheers

Oh, ok. 18" is actually a bit far, my 420 watt I'd 8". But I have a fan blowing on it to keep heat off it. Cheers

I have the 400W MH running next to the 200W LED and they run simultaneously.

For 3 ft x 3 ft grow area I've got a little over 50 watts per square foot.

Cheers :bongrip:

Hopefully my grow starts working out now and I become supreme commander of the cannabis plant

Nice, I've been running 500 watts last few nights with tent cycling off. I'd put the 600 in but plants to big. My 3x3 is small, I'll go back to 4x4 or 5x5 next go.

if you keep your 3x3 for just flower I think it's not that bad. My goal is to have two growing spaces for perpetual flower, coming soon Christmas 2016 :bongrip::bongrip::bongrip::bongrip::bongrip::bongrip::bongrip::bongrip::bongrip::bongrip:

Special Delivery came in the mail today : New portable vaporizer :bongrip:

Has ceramic heating chamber and holds a good .6g I'd guess. Charging it up now.

The G Pen Pro was just awful... I wonder how this new generation of vapes will turn out :bongrip:

Got more coco today to up potting Explodey into 3 gallons

I feel like daily updates again...

Changed out the old MH bulb for one of the fresh ones :bongrip:

Seems like 10K, definitely bluer than the previous MH bulb

This is a 6 strain grow now.

RH 80 25C

IMG_235919.JPG

Here are the plants in relation to lamp height.

Still killing some mild pests in the coco before up potting some plants.

Found another possible male but some of the super sativa variety are showing positive female traits so I'm happy about that :bongrip:

Would be nice to go do some 12/12 soon :laughtwo: Then we transition to Vlad's new Red/Blue 400W MH for the stretch

IMG_236119.JPG

Yep, it's a finisher. I love that color.

Thanks MT,
It was just destiny for me to find this quality bulb in a liquidation bin for <$2 each one.
I should have taken more home for sheer bargain. I don't think HID will be fully replaced by LED. The ultra violet creates warmth in the plant's root zone for a cold climate guy like me.

Anyway Flower is a different story and my CREE cobs should be showing up soon. They are 93CRI and give off a little infra red :bongrip::bongrip::bongrip:

My home made humidfier has gotten the room to >80 RH but that will change for 12/12

First, I'd like to apologize for my last post. I know I am an @sshole, lol, but I usually do a better job of hiding it. Stress, lack of sleep, hunger, and this infernal heat, I guess - but that is no excuse for bringing my bad attitude into your thread (or anyone else's).

Seems like 10K

Something that would typically be sold to a reefer? I've heart that they also use 14,000K Ushio, 15,000K, and 20,000K bulbs over their coral. I have also read that the PAR values tend to be lower than, say, a 6,500K one; I think that reef-growers use the one higher than 10,000K more for the visual effect (making the different colors of their reefs "pop" than for growth rate. Personally, IDK. The only "high Kelvin" bulb I ever used was either a 7,200K or 10,000K and it was only used for a week or so (and that as a supplement) - so I did not have it in use long enough to draw any conclusions. I will be interested in reading what you learn about using yours.

The ultra violet creates warmth in the plant's root zone for a cold climate guy like me.

It is, IMHO, useful in flowering, too. The UVB (and, possibly, certain portions of the UVA spectra?) can provoke a defense response in the plant that results in enhanced trichome production in many strains. And it can help replicate a high-altitude outdoor environment for landraces that come from such an environment (and strains which contain such genetics). That's one reason why some growers who (generally) flower under HPS will switch to MH in an open fixture for the last two weeks or so of flower. But I believe that an ongoing supplementation of UV throughout the flowering period can be helpful. It's also fairly easy to provide, by adding a "reptile bulb." These are low-wattage bulbs, so the addition to the electrical load is not great - but as much of their output is in the UV range, they provide more than their gross wattage specification would imply. But I would not wish to give specific recommendations in terms of wattage or length (of the "day") that it should be used... Some run one the entire time, while others set them to only come on during the middle part of the "day." The LED panel that I will be using as soon as it cools off around here (SOON! Uhh... Please, lol?) includes a 15-watt (IIRC) reptile bulb in the center that has both its own switch and its own power cord (so that it can be run on a separate timer). I have not firmly decided whether or not to run it during the vegetative period. I will definitely run it during flowering; I had originally planned to have it on the entire time that the rest of the panel is running, but I might end up rethinking that. If I do not, I will have to read up on what UV-related damage looks like, lol, so that I can pay close attention just in case. I do not expect to see any damage - but when I was younger I would not have expected to be this poor now, to be without a vehicle, to not have air-conditioning throughout my home (or at least... an air conditioner), et cetera. So a fortune teller I am not ;) .

my CREE cobs should be showing up soon.

Nice! This LED panel uses six of them. They are "of a previous generation" as the panel is from 2015 and the newer version uses a newer generation of COBs. And there might even be a newer generation of COBs than that (IDK). But, even so, the pictures that I saw of the plants under this particular model of panel were quite... encouraging ;) . I imagine that you - and your plants - will be really happy with them, and that we will all be impressed with the results.

Nice post TS. +1

HI Comrades :bongrip:

Count down has started once again. Within 7 days it will be lights out for the first time and we go to 12/12 on at least Explodey and one of her clones.

No time for up potting her, Explodey will finish in the 4 liter pot. I just need to buy more buckets for a 2nd reservoir of nutrients for flower.
A new nutrient mix will be made featuring higher P and less N.

About the lamp discussion. My goal is to start 12/12 with the Red/Blue 400W MH without LED.
Probably skip HPS all together and get right into 250W of 2700K CREE at week 4. Then finish final week during flush with MH again for UV. Let's see what happens :bongrip:

The CREE chips run at 88W max each one but I'm trying to be conservative as their lumenxwatt goes down the harder they are driven. I bought glass optics to protect the chips of course and I believe the benefits outweigh the slight loss of efficiency. They are spot lamp lenses which will direct my light very intensely over the canopy.

My chinese "clone" vaporizer was merely ok. Gets job done but ceramic chamber is not smooth and shiny like original grenco science elite vaporizer.

Oh well wasn't a lot of money and it does work. Efficiency with the herb usage is alright too.

Back
Top Bottom