Vladimir's - Coco - Acapulco Gold - Flux - CMH 150W

Here's the micronutrient mix and some plants that are doing fine.

The Punto Rojo is so stinky and nice looking, pre sex is around the corner but I'm thinking it will let me down with bananas.

Explodey is the most resistant and easiest to clone plant I've encountered, she rarely complains of deficiencies like the other plants and she clones so fast, they are bigger than the mother :laughtwo:

Seems like around 500 PPM is good for these plants to avoid tip burns and they look green enough.

IMG_230536.JPG
IMG_230920.JPG
IMG_230629.JPG
Great color and statue. Very proud ladies. Your mix looks good too, just be careful until you know how hot it is going to be in your res.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Thanks Miller,

We had to cull another plant today as it started showing the sacks. Fine, the 400W can only handle so many plants anyway.

I have renewed confidence in the recent adjustment of the nutrient mix.
Looking back at Explodey 1 six months ago I saw similar deficiencies in her past week 4 of 12/12.

I went around pinching damaged leaves away from the plants, which doesn't help them at all, however gives me a die-hard way to show if the deficiency was cured.

The pots got soaked 2 days ago and a few are already dry enough to continue feeding their new "complete" food.

12/12 was unintentionally delayed another week but I feel it's worth it because these 7 days "dialing it in"can mean a couple hundred grams extra on the harvest :bongrip:

Anyway here's a little Shatterday update.

IMG_233017.JPG

Yay, Happy Sunday everyone, the day of that which we shall not speak of due to the truth being outlawed.

Yea, we just magically exploded into existence for no apparent reason 999,999,999,999 years ago and crawled up out of a slime pool one day to be the best monkey there ever was, meanwhile spinning and whizzing helplessly and eternally on a ball planet in a vacuum :rofl:

Why does such a pathetic existence have to be atrociously complicated :laughtwo::bongrip:

I'm sorry for being a bother, back to bread and circus everyone :clown::clown::biglaugh:

Sunday Updates :

IMG_233419.JPG
IMG_233318.JPG

It's Monday,

HPS 400W was put in "coincidentally" due to brownouts in the energy grid past 24 hours. The HPS has no problem re-striking unlike the humble MH. Basically I am getting ready to hit 12/12 this week on a few lucky candidates.

The leaves have not degraded further since the new nutrient recipe loaded with micronutrients and calcium and magnesium.

Temps were okay with the HPS and LED on at the same time, 26C. That's like 76F I'm not sure :laughtwo:

HPS makes photo taking a waste of time but here's the garden now anyway.

IMG_233619.JPG

A few specimens...
Leaves look pretty deep green but we're only feeding 600 PPM max.

IMG_233717.JPG
IMG_233816.JPG
IMG_233918.JPG
IMG_234214.JPG

Roots seem healthy on a recent up-potted plant

IMG_233515.JPG

And finally this purpling occurs on only one plant. I hope it's a female and I hope it will have purple buds :bongrip:

IMG_234113.JPG

So I finished tinkering yet again with nutrient solution recipes, finished with v6.661 and I hope that's it for now.

Plants look a little better but still lacking something

There is a 400W MH bulb for size comparison

IMG_234416.JPG

All looks well Comrade. Just a touch light in the leaf mass for my taste. But,what you have looks great. That new blend does not appear to be very hot. Good choice.

You'd be surprised with what just one 400 watt light can grow. I am. Keep it up Vladimir. Looking clean.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Thanks for the feedback MT,
I was thinking the same, more leaf mass before switch to 12/12.

Devastating to think about getting deep into flower and not getting the results I wanted :bongrip:

Looking good mate...

Looking good mate...

Every extra bit in veg is doubled or tripled in flower.. ;)

:peace:

FE

Thank you for the encouragement , comrades

I've removed the excess iron that was in my reservoir by not adding the ferrous sulfur. Turns out the iron was messing up the absorption of Mg and other micro nutrients.

"In our case, when plants were submitted to 250 mg L-1
Fe2+ at pH 4,5 for four weeks, bronzing spots
appeared in most of the leaves of sensitive cultivars and the differences between species on the one hand
and between cultivars on the other hand appeared."
-source, Google University

No more pics until I feel that the problem is gone and we're ready for 12/12

PPM is around 600+ and PH is 5.6

400W HPS and 200W LED are going at it 12 hours approx, then at night just the HPS

V

Weekend Updates:

Nutrient feed v.6661 seems to be the one. Here's Explodey with her last trim, took some clones too :bongrip:

New females showing up in the grow room. So far killed 4 males consecutively.

No more sagging house voltage so I put the 400W MH back in to accelerate the leafy re-growth.

She really packed in the roots on the 1 gallon pot.

Tempting not to put her into 3 gallons and see what happens :bongrip:

IMG_235019.JPG

Ahhh...Explodey II, there she is. She doesn't look so bad vlad. Is she ready for flower yet or is there still some tinkering to be done before setting her loose? Hope she lives up to her namesake, she's looking great comrade.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hey Snid, Your latests grows are phenomenal and thanks for visiting.

Well because where I reside there are no complete hydroponic foods made for canna that wouldn't rupture my hobby budget with international shipping and what not, I started mixing my own nutrients from available hydroponic products in the area and it has been trial and error mixed with some Google University results.

So my goal was to fill in a local void of hydroponic products geared towards canna. Just a little more patience and it will work out :bongrip:

Explodey will take another week I guess to let her green out because I want a very good flower run this time.

IMG_235221.JPG

Well because where I reside there are no complete hydroponic foods made for canna that wouldn't rupture my hobby budget with international shipping and what not, I started mixing my own nutrients

I once saw a library on exactly that subject. It was written way back in 1972, lol. Hydroponics - even the moder-era version - is not a new thing. Neither, it turns out, is mixing one's own nutrients. You're probably creating a feeding regime that is as good as many commercial products and better than some.

Cheers Photos and Tort :passitleft:

Thank you so much for stopping by and happy Monday to everyone :partyboy:

I've been trying to be patient under the pressures of failures and further investigation into complex issues, noticed some leaves turning a little purple and that didn't seem right so I got out my PH pen and checked something...

Remember when I said I don't check runoff it's a waste of time?

I collected all my damn runoff today in a big bucket and found out it was something stupid like... 4.5wtf!!!

ofc I PH my reservoir to 5.5 and maintain it around there.

After being briefly pissed at myself for letting this oversight happen, I made a new nutrient batch pH'ed to 6.5.

HA! and I thought it was 12/12 time this week. Nope!

I'm probably going to nuke this journal and start a new one for 12/12. Most people getting to use ready-made nutrients don't have these problems and delays like Vlad has been famous for... DOH!!!

Oh and the Olympics finally finished so congrats to everyone's country. Especially to Russia for having to endure yet another criminal humiliation imposed by the mafiosos of the west.

L8R

There's a debate on whether to base PH off the Feed or Runoff... Remeber Coco is like hydro so 5.8 -6.0 is ideal... Don't cause a cal issue... over 5.8 the intake on cal is reduced... 6.5 would be soil readings...

Just sayin

;)

FE

Thanks FE, well conveniently my cheap PH pen crapped out today... I have to get another one ASAP or the plants will be up $hit river without a paddle.

I want to smash a brick wall with my head! GRRRR

High Comrades :bongrip:

Well I got the new PH meter and of course everything was jacked.
The old meter lost calibration by 3 points or more (because I never calibrated it)
Yup, still have the ph buffer packet, dusty and unopened.

Anyway I flushed all the plants with warm tap water then fed them a newly mixed reservoir feed of PH 6.0 PPM 665.
Thanks again FE for mentioning that 6.5 was too high.

So uh yea that was embarrassing, avoidable situation but I will be calibrating every day now.

No more pics until things look nice again

L8R :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom