Vladimir's - Coco - Acapulco Gold - Flux - CMH 150W

Maybe you should read the artical first

I did.

it explains the roll of K with other nutes.

I didn't really see much of that in the article. Perhaps there is a second page that I did not see a link to? It mentioned that the level of K in soil is generally reasonably high, but that most of it is unavailable to the plants (which seemed to be specifically discussing soils outdoors in Minesota - but I suppose that one could draw generalities from the information). There was also this:
(article) said:
If amounts of K in the root zone are more than enough to meet crop needs, K will be absorbed by plants in amounts higher than required for optimum yield. This can lead to higher than normal concentrations of K in plant tissue and is referred to as "luxury consumption." Luxury consumption has no known negative effect on plant growth.

But "higher than normal" is not the same thing as toxicity, overdose, or even too much. Other articles that I have read (even one or two on websites that end in .edu ;) ) mention things like depressed yield, interference with uptake of magnesium / manganese / zinc / iron, the availability of calcium, even poor health in ruminant animals that consume such plants (due to the general insufficiency of certain elements that is caused by way too much K in said plants).

I'm seeing PH drop

Lots of things could cause that. IIRC, certain algae could cause it (this would probably be more of an issue in a hydroponic setup than a soil one). I think I read something about a great excess of K causing pH fluctuations, now that I think about it, lol (although I probably read that in some cannabis FAQ or other instead of in an agriculture-related scientific study). Et cetera.

So I researched how damaging extra K would be, it seems K is a special element in growing, N,P, will not be stored like K, overloading those cause problems. K not so much. Hence the article.

<SHRUGS> I have always gotten the impression that a lot of cannabis growers tend to run their nutrient profiles far in excess of what the average (non-cannabis) farmer does. I am not just referring to the fact that cannabis eats more than, say, lettuce... I have gone past a lot(!) of corn, bean, alfalfa, tomato, et cetera fields but have not seen much in the way of clear signs of over-fertilization. I would say that my experiences of being able to observe cannabis grows are much lower in number, lol, being limited to my own, some few friends'/relatives' over the years, and various journals here that I've read through - but, still, I have seen more nutrient-burned cannabis plants (and pictures of same) than I have of every other crop combined. Therefore, I wonder if we should be... Not taking "general food crop" articles with a grain of salt, per se - but at least keeping in mind the fact that, while the average fruit & vegetable gardener tries to get the highest yield out of the least amount of fertilizer... cannabis growers appear to "push the nutrients until they see burn, then back it off one notch." Now that might not describe you; I have no idea, but if you care enough to research deficiency symptoms for the various elements then (at a guess) you're probably not the type to keep hitting something until it falls down, then prop it back up and hit it ever so slightly less ;) . But, still, I think it is important to realize that there is at least the possibility that the authors of general-audience articles about plant nutrition which state that an overabundance of a certain element is no big deal... might just take a look at some of the feeding regimes that we run and say, "No, I meant an overabundance within reason," :rolleyes .

Which is why I do not automatically discount 250 different threads and/or cannabis-specific articles which were not written by scientists when they disagree with an article or two that was written by scientists. Yes, some bad information can be picked up and spread like the clap at a hooker convention, lol. But cannabis has its share of professionals, too. They might not have PHDs (well... some do), but they have years of experience specific to the one type of plant and - for many of them - their livelihood has depended on learning through experimentation.

Thanks Comrades well I guess I should have mentioned I run a lot of K.

As was mentioned, too much K can lock out the Mag, Cal and others.

I'm going to let the grow ride another week and see what happens :bongrip:

Instead of chasing my own tail I will be discontinuing the use of the current micro-complex and get something that has no macro nutrients in it - if conditions fail to improve.

I had a picture somewhere but the package says right on it P+K+micro, supposedly bloom oriented mix right.

Right now there's around 400PPM of K in my res :wood:

By changing what I said I could bring it down to at least 300 PPM of K

Hello Photos and Welcome back Shiggity, we're going to 12/12 on a few plants for this Friday.

Going to be a blast :rofl:

IMG_228924.JPG
IMG_228724.JPG
IMG_228624.JPG
IMG_228522.JPG
IMG_228425.JPG
IMG_228316.JPG
IMG_228220.JPG
IMG_228128.JPG

Yay! Ive been waiting for you to flower to see how these bonsai trees look covered in pistils. Im betting pretty.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

awesome healthy girls good time to flower Vlad,looking forward to seeing explodey detonate and all the other rusko beauties ,salut !

Yay! Ive been waiting for you to flower to see how these bonsai trees look covered in pistils. Im betting pretty.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

What up Comrades

So this month's theme is "go big or go home"

I've readjusted the nutrient profile, adding more micronutrients and less Potassium, more magnesium, more sulfur.

Explodey may get just 1 more week before I really decided for 12/12.

Sending her at best health will get me as close to 1gram per watt as possible.

V :bongrip:

IMG_229626.JPG

Hmmmm I feel like my thread`s popularity is on life support since Vlad's horrible growing phase that lasted quite a while.

First bugs,
then humidity too low,
then nutrients not right.

Oh well here goes, my last big shot for the year

I have to grow myself a new image,
not that of a psychopathic scientist constantly experimenting.
Big buds coming this way!!!

IMG_230121.JPG
IMG_229923.JPG
IMG_230423.JPG

Nice job Vladimir. Nice color all around, another week should do the trick.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Thanks Spart, Miller and SweetMary,

I grow in an unfinished bathroom.

So today I finally acquired the missing link to my grow food : chelated micronutrients complex without NPK

Few posts back I explained how I have a micro-complex but tailored for flowering with a PK spike included.

Anyway because of all the PK I never used it full strength so I was diluting the reservoir's total PPM of micronutrients as a result.

molybdenum manganese copper cobalt and boron just to name a few that my plants were missing out on.

Just dumped 5 grams of that stuff into the tank. Too bad the plants all got watered before I added the micro :laughtwo:

Anyway stay tuned, I expect excellence :lot-o-toke:

EDIT : watered all the plants to run off anyway. It's coco not soil ;)

So today I finally acquired the missing link to my grow food : chelated micronutrients complex without NPK

Few posts back I explained how I have a micro-complex but tailored for flowering with a PK spike included.

Anyway because of all the PK I never used it full strength so I was diluting the reservoir's total PPM of micronutrients as a result.

molybdenum manganese copper cobalt and boron just to name a few that my plants were missing out on.

Just dumped 5 grams of that stuff into the tank.

Years ago, I knew a guy that professed to (and I'm thinking, "Why would anyone make something like this up, lol?") take one of those horse-pill multivitamins first thing in the morning, then urinate into a gallon jug about six hours later, fill the jug the rest of the way up with water, and use it for his plants.

Your way is undoubtedly easier to measure dosages.

Years ago, I knew a guy that professed to (and I'm thinking, "Why would anyone make something like this up, lol?") take one of those horse-pill multivitamins first thing in the morning, then urinate into a gallon jug about six hours later, fill the jug the rest of the way up with water, and use it for his plants.

Your way is undoubtedly easier to measure dosages.

Haha, I could only imagine somebody watering their indoor stealth garden with an old bucket filled with diluted noon time piss :) Maybe me if I would have started in soil rather than hydro.

Might work a treat outdoors though during veg.

It's only logical, what do bacteria do? Consume elements to "Pee and Poo" soluble nutrients for plants to absorb.

Any alcoholic knows that piss is filled with vitamins too, one of the reasons for major health consequences with being drunk all the time...

well back to sterile gardening :laughtwo: It's been only 15 hours since the watering with a massive dose of microferts and my favorite plant that had sad leaves perked right up. All happy leaves. So I guess I'll go vape a few ounces and be back later with some updates

Have you looked at Sea Green? I believe it's exactly what you are looking for I believe.

f700784a8ffc8a92cc19377add064e84.jpg

Cheers

Yea that sounds about right Miller.

Did a quick search at the Google Campus Library and found out that people are praising that little bottle for eliminating deficiencies.

Only part I don't like is on the label it says "Warning: Your reservoir may foam heavily but this is normal" wtf?

:laughtwo: I just threw away a bottle of expensive plant aminoacids because it turned my reservoir into a slime bucket after 24 hours :laughtwo:

I just don't have patients to measure out and mix fresh nutrients every day... :lot-o-toke:

Anyway, I will post up a picture of what I scooped up at the agro store, it has 10 micro nutrients, almost all of them chelated and it's a powder which is great because the Res stays clear as a bell and doesn't stink.

Whoops, failed to mention it costs me a whopping $10 US for 1 kilo :slide:

V:bongrip:

Here's the micronutrient mix and some plants that are doing fine.

The Punto Rojo is so stinky and nice looking, pre sex is around the corner but I'm thinking it will let me down with bananas.

Explodey is the most resistant and easiest to clone plant I've encountered, she rarely complains of deficiencies like the other plants and she clones so fast, they are bigger than the mother :laughtwo:

Seems like around 500 PPM is good for these plants to avoid tip burns and they look green enough.

IMG_230536.JPG
IMG_230920.JPG
IMG_230629.JPG

Yea that sounds about right Miller.

Did a quick search at the Google Campus Library and found out that people are praising that little bottle for eliminating deficiencies.

Only part I don't like is on the label it says "Warning: Your reservoir may foam heavily but this is normal" wtf?

:laughtwo: I just threw away a bottle of expensive plant aminoacids because it turned my reservoir into a slime bucket after 24 hours :laughtwo:

I just don't have patients to measure out and mix fresh nutrients every day... :lot-o-toke:

Anyway, I will post up a picture of what I scooped up at the agro store, it has 10 micro nutrients, almost all of them chelated and it's a powder which is great because the Res stays clear as a bell and doesn't stink.

Whoops, failed to mention it costs me a whopping $10 US for 1 kilo :slide:

V:bongrip:
New version has less foam. Don't read how their anti mold stuff works. I'd not bought it if I had. It came highly recommend by people I know grow well.

But it's costly. My bottle was ~$54 post discount. But .5 to 1 ml per usage, it goes a long way.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom