Washed buds for the first time last night

Here you go. It’s well worth scanning and reading what interests you from the whole thread.

Bud Washing thread

From the horses mouth DocBud #12 response on the thread.

For those who are new to this, here's my method:

4 buckets total. (5 gallon buckets are perfect)

Bucket 1: 3 parts RO water to 1 part 3% H202.
Bucket 2: 5 gallons of RO with 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup Lemon Juice
Buckets 3 and 4: RO only.

Cut down plants, pull off fan leaves by hand, remove any necrotic leaves. Leave sugar leaves and anything with frosting on the plant.

Fully submerge in bucket 1 (H2O2) for 30 seconds. Submerge for a full minute if you had ANY sign of PM or bud rot. Let water drip from buds and then.....

Fully submerge in buckets 2 through 4 for 30 seconds each...lightly agitating the whole time.

Allow produce to drip dry. You can blow a fan on it if you like, just make sure it's blowing clean air.

Hang and dry per usual.

I do this, but omit the H2O2 unless I have a specific reason like suspected mold. I use ordinary tap water (not RO). I don’t do hot and cold buckets. From memory neither does DocBud anymore. It’s all somewhere in this thread.

Got the baking soda and lemon juice and also plenty of 5 gal buckets. Wrote it down, I'll be doing this for sure after I harvest soon since its all going to go to hash anyway...I'll just wash and skip drying, straight to the bubble bags. :Rasta:

I had to come back to this thread after harvest and completing the washing , drying and curing Phase.
. The amount of crud removed was eye opening. The visual appearance before and after was drastic.
I did not wash a small amount of bud and dried and cured separate from the washed. .
My wife , buddies and I all agree there is a noticeable difference in taste and appearance.
I appreciate the great advise.

So most folks here sound like they're not flushing and feeding till chop, then washing the buds?
I like @AdaminCO 's method. gonna check out the thread.

Back
Top Bottom