Washed buds for the first time last night

JKB1989

Sorry no pictures. But I've got to say I was really impressed with the improvement of the looks of the buds. The water in the first bucket was nasty. Both wife and son think I'm crazy for washing them. So I left one limb unwashed so they can see the difference. Can't wait for drying and curing to be over so we can taste the difference.

nice. was this an outdoor grow?

Like I said I can't wait for the taste comparison. I have enough unwashed to have a few people be tested. Ya know kinda my own blind test. They wont know what the difference is. I'll just ask them to give there opinion on what one do they like more... it will be fun...

You will love the difference! :green_heart:
I washed my last indoor grow, which was a repeat of the indoor grow before, minus the wash.
Even at a 2 week cure, there’s no harshness to my White Widow an AK 47. Being a smoker of everything for 45 years, I am really appreciating the smoothness of the washed buds.
Resin is crazy, highs lasting a good 4 hours, very clean comedown too :thumb:
I did not loose any potency what so ever, if anything, this harvest seems to be the strongest yet. I will definitely be washing all my harvests now.

Here’s a picture of some of my washed White Widow buds that are at their 3 week cure.

04B7D2FB-AF55-480A-9E64-DFEC504C6584.jpeg

Washed buds dry faster too - so plan on trimming maybe a day or 2 sooner than what you're used to.

I don't notice a taste difference but the final bag appeal is better and the drying curing time is reduced.

omg you guys have to stop lmao.

my last harvest took me 16 hours. now it's gonna take even longer because i can't look at this and not wash my buds now...

What exactly did you use (or point me in the right direction)? I ask because I've read about this but people were using all sorts of concoctions. You seem real happy with it and I'm about to harvest.

I use RO water with a lemon juice from concentrate in a bottle and baking soda in the wash bucket then 2 buckets RO water for rinse.

I actually use large flat trays the ones you can store shit under your bed with they like 30" long and 6" deep. I use them for the rinse and a homer bucket for washing.

With the rinse trays I can just lay the long branches in the water and swish them around and let them soak.

I do like a 1/4 to a 1/2 cup each of baking soda and lemon juice for the wash bucket.

Pretty simple just go easy with the handling of the branches. Handle with care is the rule of the day. Don't wanna mang handle the prizes.

Washed buds dry faster too - so plan on trimming maybe a day or 2 sooner than what you're used to.

I don't notice a taste difference but the final bag appeal is better and the drying curing time is reduced.

I totally agree. They do dry faster and more important, they dry evenly. :thumb:

:ciao: Smoking wings
Ive been pondering that same phenomenon :passitleft:
I’m thinking the buds must all swell and expand a bit when immersed in water, and by doing so, there’s a better air flow happening when in the dry environment.

My outdoor, unwashed buds were all over the place as to the time it took to dry them all. Some 3 days, some 5 and some 7 days. Far less control in the curing phase with my unwashed buds.

Back
Top Bottom