wat kind of water

You can use tap water but leave it in an open container for at least 24 hrs to evaporate the clorine. Be sure to test the PH of the water before using. Some use bottled drinking water or distilled water. Other have R/O (reverse osmosis) filtration systems. I am using PH'd tap water on mine.

Cal/Mag (calcium and magnesium) are the ones that i see most people adding to RO water. I'd think that this is especially important in hydro because the plants are totally dependent on the grower for nutrients. Unlike soil, if u slip the soil may have just what ur plant's been missing provided there's no lockout or nute toxicity. Never used RO water, only distilled and filtered. To answer ur question, yes u can use tap water. Some cities/counties water is better treated than others but it'll work until u can do better.

Don't use water from a water softener! I learned that the hard way. I've used tap water from several different wells and have had no problems. I've also used city tap water in a couple different cities...again, no problems using it as long as it sits a while.

Lotsa rain here and I collect it for my babes; other than that I let the tap sit out or use well water when it's safe to bring em outdoors.

Back
Top Bottom