Watering issues and concerns - Advice?

Loggerjoe1

I have 15 plants 3 sour D, 7 white widow and 5 purple kush i transplanted them into their final home 4 gal pots 15 days ago today. I watered the day i transplanted them and then fed them last friday. I fed them normal strength bit i only gave them 1/2 a gallon per pot because they were still moist. Amywho its been a full week now and im concerned because they are still pretty wet and i want to make sure there getting their nutes but i dont want to over water them. The soil i used for my previous grow was fox farm ocean forrest. Amd it seemed to dry out every 4-5 days or so. This grow i am using a 50/50 mix of vermafire amd verma soil. And they are under a 4 bulb T5. Humidy is high but not sure exactly how high. Im guessing 70s amd temps run in the 70-72 at night and 80 during the day
20161216_205231.jpg

Theyll let you know when they need water. :) Just watch for the sad droopy face they make. they are looking good.

you mention you got a different grow medium from previous grow medium so discard what you did then. if new medium has nutes in it to start with feeding extra will lead to problems. a weather station would be good piece of hardware to get then you are not gestimating the R.H., max and min temps. good you never over watered them when you transplanted them. i agree with go4snyper,the germinator and dr.hooks comments. nice plants regards

Let it dry out. Get one of these.
420-magazine-mobile1611272327.jpg

Keep the water level between 3-5 for veg. You can add plenty of water when it's time to flower. Be careful with the Purple Kush. It hates wet soil and hot temps. Very prone to white powdery moulds when too humid/wet. Too much water will stunt the plant radically. I agree 100% with everything everyone has said so far. Get a fan, get a temp/humidity meter, keep it cool, keep it breezy, keep it dry.
Looks really good so far. Nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Got me one at lowes yesterday. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Lowes is the bomb.
What's your moisture/ph reading

I forgot my readings. They were good though. Mine has a light meter too..

I forgot what the numbers are but the light pegs out all the way under my hps light. Only goes bout 1/4 under cfls.
420-magazine-mobile774994457.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1063522932.jpg

I forgot what the numbers are but the light pegs out all the way under my hps light. Only goes bout 1/4 under cfls.
420-magazine-mobile774994457.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1063522932.jpg

Top phot is ph bottom is moisture. Where's the light reading? Lol.
Your ph and water are perfect. Keep them there. Unless in flower then obviously more water.

Growers always talk crap on moisture meters, but they can be very handy to have around. And they're cheap.

Back
Top Bottom