What are some effective ways to tie down plants in double layer pots with hydroton

jnt62

OG Kush Auto in Ebb & Flow 2-gallon buckets w/hydroton
feed 15-minutes cycle every 3 hours
GH Flora series at 1600ppm with Si and Cal-Mag

My 1st grow is going sideways. I wave not figured out a way to tie down for LST I put a Scrog on top but the nodes are so close together there is no room. There is just a huge mass of leaves. I have been trying to expose potential cola sights. I have to face the fact that I haven’t a clue and I’m trying to use common sense. Maybe I’m lacking, but I an also noy ready to give up. I have some lead weights on tie-down wire to help pull down the main top I removed the SCroG

20190910_093822.jpg

20190910_093733.jpg

20190910_093634.jpg
20190910_093624.jpg

Thanks for your time

Attachments

• 20190910_093731.jpg
    20190910_093731.jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 29
Yes ..it's just that there is a full insert and the outer pot. If I drill holes through both pots I will have to # both pots and realign them to reset .

I was thinking of something that I could strap to the outside of the outer pot. I just haven't found anything to fit the bill,

I'm took off the ScroG net. I'm going to let them go free for a couple of days and I might be able to see more of what I can do

I find it difficult to tell in the photos but do the outer pots have a "lip" at the top? If so you could drill vertically into the lip and attach to that? If not you could perhaps use a large hose clamp. You could tighten the hose clamp around the upper portion of the pot. These hose clamps usually have many holes in them all the way around so you could use them as tie down points. If the hose clamp is tight you won't be able to slip wire (or whatever you use to lst) behind it and out through one of the holes. You might have to fasten the tie downs to the hose clamp before you actually tighten the hose clamp onto the pot itself.
Are you picking up what I'm laying down brother? :ganjamon:

Thanks
A hose clamp would be perfect if I can find one large enough that doesn't cost a fortune.

The hunt begins

I don't know what part of the globe your in but here in Canada hose clamps come in all sizes and are usually fairly cheap. A few bucks each. From the photos it looks like a hose clamp intended to fit around an 8" or 10" hose is what would work for you. Measure your pots diameter and you will know what you need.

Back
Top Bottom