What can I expect from my grow setup

Jboss222

420 Member
So essentially i am going into my first grow. I have a 5x5 tent with all the proper equipment as well as a 1000 watt led full spectrum light. I have 9 autoflowering feminized seeds half northern lights and half ak-47 with roughly the same flowering time of 50-60 days. My friend is a very experience indoor and outdoor gardener and is studied and has become familier with the knowledge surrounding growing marijuana. All that asside, my questions are, what should i expect for a yield? Are 9 plants too much and what should i be most careful about? Thanks

King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light Double Chips Full Spectrum with UV&IR for Greenhouse Indoor Plant Veg and Flower

Thats the light i have ordered, should give us 40 watts per sq ft

King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light Double Chips Full Spectrum with UV&IR for Greenhouse Indoor Plant Veg and Flower

Thats the light i have ordered, should give us 40 watts per sq ft

The light below..

KingLED Newest 1000w LED Grow Light

Looks like the actual pull out of the wall is 185w. That won’t do it for that size tent or number of plants. I went through this same thing trying to find the right LED for my set up. With LEDs, look for what watts it consumes not what they advertise it puts out.

I look at your light its said its pull 185 watt from the wall you need way much more for the flowering stage and its cover 3.4x3.8 that probly at 36 inch you need your light closer for flowering . more you have your light close from the plant its reduce the coverage a lot and its not cover your 5x5 in my opinion and you only have 7.5 watt sq/feet that way less than what you need the company over rate the wattage you have to look at what she pull from the wall.

I made the same mistake you maybe need like 4 to cover your entire room and have the good wattage for the bloom stage let me bring @SmokeSara here she help me to choose the right light shes a sponsor here with mars hydro.

You can have a look at quantum light too ear good think about it but never look at it cant give advice on that

I agree with the others. My mars 320 pulls 740 watts and that is adequate for a 4x4. In a 5 X 5 you will need multiple fixture to get good coverage. A single fixture may be more convenient but you end up with a hot spot in the middle and lacking coverage on the edges.

If the cost for good LEDs is too big of a pill to swallow and you can manage the heat look at CMH or HPS. HID is a cheaper proven performer.

As far as the plant count goes I wouldn't run all nine. You want good airflow and light penatration. Depending on the breeder and growing medium they can get big. In only grow photos so would wait for someone that grows a lot of autos to weigh in on them.

As far as the plant count goes I wouldn't run all nine. You want good airflow and light penatration. Depending on the breeder and growing medium they can get big. In only grow photos so would wait for someone that grows a lot of autos to weigh in on them.
Thanks a lot, so if i cut the plant total down im assuming i could just get a few of the lights i already bought (or a different light if u recommend) for a more even light distribution. If so how much are we thinking?

if you have a 5x5 all I can say is don't scrimp on your lighting
you'll just be replacing it sooner rather than later
a grow space that size needs 875 watts to cover it properly
go HPS 1000 watt if you can't afford good LED's

if you have a 5x5 all I can say is don't scrimp on your lighting
you'll just be replacing it sooner rather than later
a grow space that size needs 875 watts to cover it properly
go HPS 1000 watt if you can't afford good LED's
Ive decided to just go to my local hydro store and they r setting me up with around a 1,000 true watt light that would work for a 5x5, as for the autos, nine seems to be too much so i will likely move down to 7. Thanks a lot to everybody, u guys really saved me.

Ok. If that doesn't work out I just looked up a vivosun 315 CMH lamp, reflector and ballast for $204ea. 2 of those would light a 5 x5 up better than anything else for the price.

I believe it was @gr865 who used CMH 315's on a grow with outstanding results
huge frosty oily buds
I remember being impressed with with his grow

I thought He was one of them. Haystack was another. He pulled a pound out of his 4 x 4 with 2 of them.

If money is tight they are hard to beat.

CMH came out after i already had my setup or i would have tried it out. I have used MHs back in the day for growing and recently in my aquariums. Bang for the buck performance wise they are hard to beat. You just have the heat to deal with. Winter grows are not an issue.

I believe it was @gr865 who used CMH 315's on a grow with outstanding results
huge frosty oily buds
I remember being impressed with with his grow

Running two 315W bare bulb stacked.

I am harvesting now, did one plant yesterday, the rest on Wed.
From my wet weight estimate @ 25% I should pull around 8 zips off this plant, so off all 5 plants I expect somewhere in the 30 plus oz range. Now that is trimmed bud, I had about 6 zips of untrimmed and some shake. That will go into my FECO along with X amt of tops, not sure how much until all is dried. Usually I do 2/3 smokable buds to 1/3 untrimmed and shake.

There are a few guys, Haystack is one and he is a good grower, here with good success using 315W.

You can see my latest grow in my signature.

GR

Back
Top Bottom