What is your greatest bringing a plant back to life you thought was dead story?

EZCalyx

~1994 in East San Diego county my best bud and I smoked the mexican brick weed that was probably 50% seeds by weight. We used to save them and go Johnny Pot Seeding. We'd go on hikes and get as deep into the back country as possible and plant seeds everywhere we thought they could grow, especially around streams and ponds. You know, just spreading the love. We had planted some seeds in an old planter that hadn't been used in years on his side yard. A few of them sprouted and got to their 4th node when his father found them and ripped them out of the ground and just tossed them around angrily. The next day I found the best one all limp and lifeless with its roots fully exposed just laying there. I took it and planted it somewhere much safer. By some fantastic miracle of nature it stood up and praised the sun. It ended up very stunted but something amazing happened. It started flowering at less than 6" tall. The little girl turned into a miniature plant with the tiny top being just one small bud. It even turned a dark shade of purple! I dried it the best way I knew how at the time and got about 1 gram of the dankest crystally chronic I had smoked up until that point. From tragedy came a miracle and my fascination with cannabis was cultivated right then and there into a passion. Cannabis is truly the gateway to appreciating all life on this planet even more. I've been growing everywhere and anyway I can since. I'd love to hear your stories of coming back from the dark side.

Hi EZ - got a call from a pal once saying 'I think I killed my plant'
Got there and yes, everything yellow and totally limp, necrotic
Took all the leaves off (they were dead anyway) then topped it about halfway
Stood it in a bucket of water/weak feed overnight and a week later it was vigorously growing tons of new shoots
Amazing plant, I suppose that's ancient survival genetics

Hi EZ - got a call from a pal once saying 'I think I killed my plant'
Got there and yes, everything yellow and totally limp, necrotic
Took all the leaves off (they were dead anyway) then topped it about halfway
Stood it in a bucket of water/weak feed overnight and a week later it was vigorously growing tons of new shoots
Amazing plant, I suppose that's ancient survival genetics

That is awesome! It is amazing what cannabis can survive from when given a little love.

a 5 ft mother plant got abandoned for 3 months under 24hrs of weak t5. we were on summer touring season, and no one remembered the mother room.

the pot dried up to concrete, and there was nothing much on it when it got remembered. the majority of the leaves had dried and fallen. my friend gave it a good soaking with some weak nutes and left it under the same t5s. 4 days later it was throwing new shoots everywhere.

that plant stayed around another 2 yrs producing grow after grow. it was a pheno particularly suited for adhd/add. there was a lot of folk that benefited from those meds.

it was in a 10 gallon pot, which may have been why it survived. at the time we normally grew in 5's.

i had a hempy run root bind once and get rot. i pulled the plants, sawed two-thirds of the roots off with a bread knife, and plunked them in a bigger pot with more perlite. plants pouted for a day then took off. turned in to a massive run.

a 5 ft mother plant got abandoned for 3 months under 24hrs of weak t5. we were on summer touring season, and no one remembered the mother room.

the pot dried up to concrete, and there was nothing much on it when it got remembered. the majority of the leaves had dried and fallen. my friend gave it a good soaking with some weak nutes and left it under the same t5s. 4 days later it was throwing new shoots everywhere.

that plant stayed around another 2 yrs producing grow after grow. it was a pheno particularly suited for adhd/add. there was a lot of folk that benefited from those meds.

it was in a 10 gallon pot, which may have been why it survived. at the time we normally grew in 5's.

i had a hempy run root bind once and get rot. i pulled the plants, sawed two-thirds of the roots off with a bread knife, and plunked them in a bigger pot with more perlite. plants pouted for a day then took off. turned in to a massive run.

Yes!!! Victory!!! Those are good stories. Most people would give up on a plants like that. It is absolutely stunning what they can come back from. I had root rot once from being a newb and overwatering. I just tossed them out. Now you've made me think I could have saved them. No regerts

Back
Top Bottom