Your embarrassing newbie story

My biggest newbie mistake, despite me doing a ton of reading and research, was not knowing exactly what I wanted to do as far as nutes/etc. I still have Fox Farms nutes that are untouched since I went with Doc Bud's kit. There are some things here and there that I bought that I have never used, so I think doing a ton more research than you think you need is a good tip. I think I missed a bunch of newbie mistakes because I used Doc's kit, first grow ever had me harvesting over 3 ounces a plant. I was tickled pink.

I did lose quite a few seeds trying to figure out the best method to sprout them. I found that for me sticking them in the growing medium, watering them in and leaving them alone has been the bee's knees. But I probably spent about $100-200 learning that.

puted a 42w cfl abover her , left home for work for 8 hours ,
came back ,
the bulb fell on her ( 2 days old max )
the stem was so dark and thin , fried the shit out of that poor baby
I had a T5 fall on my first girl. .. twice! The second time it fell, I went and got a tent and equipment Harvested her last week and have 4 more about ready to move in

On my very first grow, on a whim I sprouted a bag seed. I had no equipment other than some dirt, a planter, and a very cheap florescent light. I lined my bathroom closet with foil and gave her only rain water... no nutrients at all. I am certain her pH was in the upper range for the duration of her life. She did produce flowers, but few and very light. I think we ended up with 10 grams - and didn't know about curing so torched her way too early. Minimal care = minimal product which is why I am so glad to have found this amazing and generous group :thanks: I've not felt as welcomed anywhere else in the world :thumb:

I had 20 Great White Sharks in 30 litre root pouches, all were trained well and fed properly. I just didn't/couldn't check for hermies well enough due to packing too many plants in, 1 hermie out 20 plants seeded everything ! The worst thing was i didn't know until harvest day. 60 odd oz of seeded herb ! Happy to say it didn't put me off at all. You either win or you learn

LOL at least you'll never be short of seeds.

Mine was trying to grow out a old Skunk #1 without filters.In my defense. Charcoal filters were not out then. Still it was in a apartment and the whole building smelled like skunk for the last 6 weeks. Not much sensi in those days so people didn't realize it was pot. Never happen in this day in age.

Oops - 4 plants in Smart Pots and one in a plastic pot (too small obviously) :bigblush:

This photo of the rootball from the plastic pot.
IMAG042820.jpg

All other girls have developed buds - but this one none at all - should probably throw away?

My first grow, I had absolutely no problems, got 268 grams from a 272 watt led light, just recently had to throw 4 plants due to root rot-.- something so simple.

My first grow was a bag seed mess.
Between heat problems light leaks and Ph issues.

I had some seedy horrible tasting bud. Made butter and iso wash

Now a few grows later and a little investment. I got my tent dialed in.
Except the humidity is low like 20-30%. But I'm gonna give DWC a shot.
That should bring that up a bit.

It's all about learning.

My first grow was a bag seed mess.
Between heat problems light leaks and Ph issues.

I had some seedy horrible tasting bud. Made butter and iso wash

Now a few grows later and a little investment. I got my tent dialed in.
Except the humidity is low like 20-30%. But I'm gonna give DWC a shot.
That should bring that up a bit.

It's all about learning.
My first year was an utter failure time after time i dialed the room in and got things going. Check this out
420-magazine-mobile1911102744.jpg

Around day 20 ish

I wouldn't they probably wont get big enough I run my shit 2 months to fit the trellice and I do photos I've grown autos but they dont grow the same but im sure u could I just wouldnt.

I posted this in my welcome thread but...

Around 20 years ago when I was a young man, I ordered a bunch of seeds, and a light. Tried my hand at a first grow.

Built a tent with a wood frame, reflective material, and planted a few seeds in soil. About a month and a half into the grow I noticed mites.

It was -20 C outside, mid winter, and I thought that if I put my plants outside, it would kill the mites.

I put the plants outside. Smoked a joint and started watching the hockey game. I forgot about the plants. After an hour outside I remembered and pulled them back inside.

The plants died. lol. Mites probably lived.

First grow had 120 plants in a basement and I forgot that I had the RO on filling up barrels cause I was upstairs getting stoned and after awhile I had the "oh shit" moment ran downstairs and had flooded the basement. Luckily it was still during setup and no plants and no equipment were damaged but it was right before we brought the plants in and cleaning it up sucked. Took me hours to get it all sucked up with the shop vac. Def the biggest mistake ive made growing.

I knrw id have one on my first grow.

I wanted to try cloning. Didn't ask or research. So after a few days I posted my pic of my "clone " ....

I had a big ass fan leaf in a rooting cube waiting for it to root.

Apparently that's not how that works. So I was told I need a branch. After we all laughed, I ended up with more then a dozen rooted clones. All growing fast.

This true story has been presented my northside rookie. ...

Came home to see my some flowering plants serverly underwatered (didn't know the symptoms then nor was I a member on here yet). Thought I had killed them so said screw it and cut them down. Dried them "tried to smoke them" and just ended up coughing up a lung, that tasted like a freshly mowed lawn. One did make it All the way through through and man I was like a kid who just saw his first Boob!

I found out I had mites, panicked and sprayed the entire flowering room with neem. 30 plants only three weeks into flowering.
Next day all the pistils were dead and turned red from the spray.
Well I knew that red pistils meant they were ripe and finished.
How could they be so suddenly finished?? Fuck if I knew!!
So I harvested the entire field of tiny popcorn buds. Used it to make bubble hash.
I don't remember exactly how much hash I got - but 'roughly none' probably describes it best.
Ever hear the sound of ten thousand mites laughing.....?

UrbanAchiever. I can just imagine what that plant looked like. I walked 20 yards from one place to another in that kind of temperature. I didn't stop and it didn't even take 1 minute. I made 2 trips with 4 plants. The next day I noticed some wilting. 2 days later all the plants ended up with severe burning. Not a newbie mistake. I just had no idea that much damage can happen so fast. All plants lived and I learned a very big lesson.

Back
Top Bottom