What is your preferred method for removing chlorine or chloramine in tap water?

The123321

I have read that it is harder to remove chloramine from tap water but what methods do you use to remove chlorine or chloramine or both of those from your tap water? I have been letting the water sit out a few nights before using it to water the plants but I am going to start using a 5 gallon bucket to let the water sit in it.

I am able to smell the chlorine smell in the tap water and the water seems to have a lower chlorine smell after it sits out a few days on there.

Do you use a air bubble pump? How big? Does it need to be in the dark on there?

I read about using ascorbic acid vitamin c powder to neutralize the chlorine or chloramine in water. That sounds like it would be the easiest way to do it. How many of you do that? How much do you use per gallon on there for it?

Thanks. I was thinking of using ascorbic acid vitamin c powder then I decided I may just let it sit out and let that remove some of the chlorine from it. I think my tap water does have chloramine and I was originally going to try it and see if it would work but I smelled the water today and it has a strong smell of chlorine in it and some water that I let sit out for a day or 2 seems like it has less of a small of chlorine in it. I am growing in coco which already does not really support microbes so I am now thinking I may just get some ascorbic acid vitamin c powder to mix into it. I am on the fence really. On one hand I have read that leaving some of the chlorine in the water may help the plants with root rot kind of problems and keep the system a little clean though with coco I would likely already have a hard time with keeping the beneficial microbes in the coco working like I want and maybe I should treat the water to remove the chloramine from it on there.

Thanks. What do you think of this ascorbic acid vitamin c powder then for it?

BulkSupplements Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) (1 Kilogram)

1664819063903.png

Give this a quick read. It’s not the chlorine as much as the ammonia that binds the chlorine molecule in chloramine.

This is what I use...
36058346-20C8-4732-AAF4-9021D104F806.jpeg

We have a lot in our water. I don’t even use the tap for the dogs.

Thanks. I do not think that is available in the US. When you use the ascorbic acid vitamin c powder do you mix it in the water then let it sit out? How long do you let it sit out? Do you use an air pump with bubble stone in the water when it is sitting or do you just stir it like 1 or 2 times a day on there?

Thanks. I do not think that is available in the US. When you use the ascorbic acid vitamin c powder do you mix it in the water then let it sit out? How long do you let it sit out? Do you use an air pump with bubble stone in the water when it is sitting or do you just stir it like 1 or 2 times a day on there?
I add 1/4 tsp to a 5 gallon jug and let it sit 24 hours without it capped. I rotate 4 jugs, so they actually get to sit longer.

Back
Top Bottom