What light do I use?

Kaldean

Hi people, need some advice here, iv been using the viparspectra 600w, done 2 grows with it but noticed it isn’t covering whole space, my tent is 1mx1m and 2 meters high, iv just bought 2 phlizon 1000w, hoping that with the 3x2 foot coverage of each iv covered my whole space, but now I’m wondering about the lights, are they any good and has anyone got them, thank you for the help :thumb::thanks:

Hi people, need some advice here, iv been using the viparspectra 600w, done 2 grows with it but noticed it isn’t covering whole space, my tent is 1mx1m and 2 meters high, iv just bought 2 phlizon 1000w, hoping that with the 3x2 foot coverage of each iv covered my whole space, but now I’m wondering about the lights, are they any good and has anyone got them, thank you for the help :thumb::thanks:
Yeah, I'm an old school grower. Although, I do have some LEDs in my veg closet (they were given to me from a sponsor to test) they work great for vegging, but my 2 Philzons like yours, supposed to be a 1000 watts...not, only drew 380 from the wall or some shit like that. Yep they grew good on the edges, but the center was lacking, now I'm back with My HIDs...they're cool tubes, so they don't get as hot as the umbrella hood that most have. But, I have 3- 600 watt lights in a 4x8 tent, with a 390 CFM exhaust fan...temps are steady at 82F and my humidity is 35%...in my flower room...HIDs just work better IMHO :snowboating:

Yeah, I'm an old school grower. Although, I do have some LEDs in my veg closet (they were given to me from a sponsor to test) they work great for vegging, but my 2 Philzons like yours, supposed to be a 1000 watts...not, only drew 380 from the wall or some shit like that. Yep they grew good on the edges, but the center was lacking, now I'm back with My HIDs...they're cool tubes, so they don't get as hot as the umbrella hood that most have. But, I have 3- 600 watt lights in a 4x8 tent, with a 390 CFM exhaust fan...temps are steady at 82F and my humidity is 35%...in my flower room...HIDs just work better IMHO :snowboating:

See there’s my problem MochaBud, the running cost, I would love to have the HID’s but they draw too much power, that’s why I’m with the led’s, but don’t know if iv taken a backward step or not :rofl: lovely set up there mate, great plants, great job:adore::thanks:

Hi @Kaldean
Two LED lamps side by side are without doubt most efficient and effective, esp dimmer/ & gro/bloom
My current grow is exactly that and because both of them are red/blue switchable, I can use 60w, 120w, 180w, 240w or any combination of PAR light
Even at 180w [red/blue/red] they outperform a 400w HID

Things have moved forward alot when you look at the top end of the market.
No 300 watt LED is going to out perfrom a 1000 HID or a 600 coverage anyway.
But you make that a 600/800 true watt i feel its going to out perform it.
IN my experience price per watt and weight. ;)

See there’s my problem MochaBud, the running cost, I would love to have the HID’s but they draw too much power, that’s why I’m with the led’s, but don’t know if iv taken a backward step or not :rofl: lovely set up there mate, great plants, great job:adore::thanks:
That's what they say, but even in the dead of summer with AC running constantly :hmmmm: my electric bill never went over $220...and to get a comparable LED, it's going to draw 800 to 1000 watts itself, not too mention it will be 8 or 900 dollars for 1...just my thoughts, and my other argument...you're not going to get these from LEDs :thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

That's what they say, but even in the dead of summer with AC running constantly :hmmmm: my electric bill never went over $220...and to get a comparable LED, it's going to draw 800 to 1000 watts itself, not too mention it will be 8 or 900 dollars for 1...just my thoughts, and my other argument...you're not going to get these from LEDs :thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

Lol HPS grower here 🤘 I hate the debate between the two.

Haven’t got the LEDs for a comparison yet. A lot of LED growers here never had the “old school” lights (doesn’t mean amazing growing technology isn’t there)

My pal is saying to me I will grow twice as much weed. Have had 4-5 zed plants for photos. Will I have 8-10 next time?

Only way to do it is a comparison, I won’t knock anything until I’ve tried it 👊

For me the tipping point(s) were heat and power consumption, I'd have to use A/C if I used HID's, which adds more cost, both initial and ongoing, my house is running on a 70 amp main, so I have to be very careful not to overload a circuit, plus my my electricity is not cheap in northern Ca.!

For me the tipping point(s) were heat and power consumption, I'd have to use A/C if I used HID's, which adds more cost, both initial and ongoing, my house is running on a 70 amp main, so I have to be very careful not to overload a circuit, plus my my electricity is not cheap in northern Ca.!
Aaaaargh the debate 😂😂😂😂

I don’t mind the excess heat at the mo. Exhaust is coming out into the hallway and spreading down. Is cheaper than putting radiators on in my flat/apartment.

So another bloody weird variable

One day in a time not too far away we HIDers will hold hands with the LEDers and just agree they’re both good for growing weed 😂🙏

Strains play a big part.
But given the same conditions I feel an LED would do just as good a job.
My 1000 HID cost me £100 (back in the day)
My current 600 watt led setup £650 (big investment)
Would i go back naa.
No aircon for me anymore in summer. (saving)
I dont really need my outtake blowing like i did with my HID (saving)
And my 600 watt might not out perfrom it all the time but i feel thats due to
training and coverage of the led. (saving 600 VS 1000 WATT)
Never needed to worry much about training with a HID as they can penetrate a canopy real well.
But each to there just power were i live has started to rise ALOT.
£ to Gram to grow has started to rise for the home grower hell any grower.

The 300watt led to replace a 600 HID i call BS on
The 600watt led to replace a 1000 HID is not so much BS anymore its close real close if not the truth.

Hey @Kaldean I used the P600 and a P1000 in my first grow. I don't know what to compare to but I had a good experience. I have a 2'x4'x5' tent. When I added another light to my second grow, it got way too hot, but it was also summer.

Currently, I'm using an XS2000 and a P1000 and seems to be growing well.

tial costs, Aaaaargh the debate 😂😂😂😂

I don’t mind the excess heat at the mo. Exhaust is coming out into the hallway and spreading down. Is cheaper than putting radiators on in my flat/apartment.

So another bloody weird variable

One day in a time not too far away we HIDers will hold hands with the LEDers and just agree they’re both good for growing weed 😂🙏
I totally agree that they ARE both good for growing weed, just different situations that steer buyers one way or another (longevity, initial cost, operating costs, heat (or cold) etc.

Hi @Kaldean
Two LED lamps side by side are without doubt most efficient and effective, esp dimmer/ & gro/bloom
My current grow is exactly that and because both of them are red/blue switchable, I can use 60w, 120w, 180w, 240w or any combination of PAR light
Even at 180w [red/blue/red] they outperform a 400w HID
Hi Roy, are you on about the blurple lights, the ones what you can switch from blue to purple, veg and bloom, that’s what my older light has, the viparspectra 600, but iv bought 2 new lights, the phlizon pl1000, just got the day like light, white, don’t know if iv improved or not lol

Things have moved forward alot when you look at the top end of the market.
No 300 watt LED is going to out perfrom a 1000 HID or a 600 coverage anyway.
But you make that a 600/800 true watt i feel its going to out perform it.
IN my experience price per watt and weight. ;)
I agree Skunksta, I’m thinking the hid’s are the better light, but the power consumption is my issue with them, I’m just growing a couple of plants, 4 this grow, and I heard that the phlizon pl1000 wasn’t good enough for flowering them, so i was hoping someone on here was using that light :thanks:

Yep, there huge mate, and I’m thinking my electric bill would be through the room running the hid’s, maybe I will look into it, with buds like your getting it’s gunna be worth it :adore::thanks:

Lol HPS grower here 🤘 I hate the debate between the two.

Haven’t got the LEDs for a comparison yet. A lot of LED growers here never had the “old school” lights (doesn’t mean amazing growing technology isn’t there)

My pal is saying to me I will grow twice as much weed. Have had 4-5 zed plants for photos. Will I have 8-10 next time?

Only way to do it is a comparison, I won’t knock anything until I’ve tried it 👊
Iv only had the led’s JoetheChro, only done a couple of grows aswell, trying to upgrade my light but don’t know if I have :rofl: :thanks:

Hi Roy, are you on about the blurple lights, the ones what you can switch from blue to purple, veg and bloom, that’s what my older light has, the viparspectra 600, but iv bought 2 new lights, the phlizon pl1000, just got the day like light, white, don’t know if iv improved or not lol
Yes, I mix both and switch channels/par
coffee_shop_seeds_grenn_crack_big_bud_auto.JPG

Strains play a big part.
But given the same conditions I feel an LED would do just as good a job.
My 1000 HID cost me £100 (back in the day)
My current 600 watt led setup £650 (big investment)
Would i go back naa.
No aircon for me anymore in summer. (saving)
I dont really need my outtake blowing like i did with my HID (saving)
And my 600 watt might not out perfrom it all the time but i feel thats due to
training and coverage of the led. (saving 600 VS 1000 WATT)
Never needed to worry much about training with a HID as they can penetrate a canopy real well.
But each to there just power were i live has started to rise ALOT.
£ to Gram to grow has started to rise for the home grower hell any grower.

The 300watt led to replace a 600 HID i call BS on
The 600watt led to replace a 1000 HID is not so much BS anymore its close real close if not the truth.
That’s my worry mate, electric, otherwise I would invest in a really good light, but with the electric prices going through the roof over here I don’t wanna get evicted 😂

Hey @Kaldean I used the P600 and a P1000 in my first grow. I don't know what to compare to but I had a good experience. I have a 2'x4'x5' tent. When I added another light to my second grow, it got way too hot, but it was also summer.

Currently, I'm using an XS2000 and a P1000 and seems to be growing well.
Hi renaissance man, your using bath lights together ? That xs2000 is pretty expensive over here, looks a nice light thou, and your got me thinking now weather to run 2 different lights lol

Back
Top Bottom