What more can I do for these plants? Desperate

No I touched it and some like what look like powdery or crystals or whatever from the bud fell off but the buds are still damp from the rain and they're getting more damp right now because we're having rain right now and I didn't recover them you think it's safe to say just to pull them and save what I can or are both plants completely destroyed?
Yes, pull them, trim the buds and start the bud washing. Have something set up in the house so that you can hang them or place them on a screen to speed up the drying after the last step of washing. Have a fan ready so that it can circulate the air around the buds and helps with even drying.

It might be a good idea to think about next season and work out a way to spray the plants once a week starting when they first go in the ground. Use a solution of vinegar diluted in water to prevent possible mildew problems. If it rains then spray as soon as the plant dries and respray after each rain. It is a bit of extra work but it worked for me this year.

Incidentally, we had a mild frost Tues night into Wed morning and my Cannabis plants were doing great Wednesday afternoon. I can't say the same about the tomatoes and peppers.
I'm so upset what the hell did this to my ladies?! I'm literally pulling well I'm not pulling off buds I am finding fuzzy f***** up buds and they're just coming off the plant there is a lot and I don't know what to do any suggestions it's all over the place on one of these plants do I just pull off what I can? What a disaster such a mess I'm so upset over this! :( What did I do wrong??

16360470022225294243446291233064.jpg

16360470445234138535564118490810.jpg

That is bud rot. :( There is nothing you can really do and it is usually caused by a worm. I would wait for others to chime in before doing anything.

Are they dry and crispy? Kind of turn dusty when you touch them?

The fly's may be white fly's. Not good either.
Okay well I'm picking off the already dead rotted buds as much as I can I just can't believe this happened it's the whole plant done for can I salvage it can I save it

Okay well I'm picking off the already dead rotted buds as much as I can I just can't believe this happened it's the whole plant done for can I salvage it can I save it

You didn't really do anything wrong. Bud rot has been a big issue this year with all growers. @SmokingWings gave good advice. I lost about about 2oz to bud rot and mold. Best thing you can do is try and save what you can so it is not a total loss. I feel for yeah it is frustrating to work hard and see it go bad in a few days.

You didn't really do anything wrong. Bud rot has been a big issue this year with all growers. @SmokingWings gave good advice. I lost about about 2oz to bud rot and mold. Best thing you can do is try and save what you can so it is not a total loss. I feel for yeah it is frustrating to work hard and see it go bad in a few days.
Holy crap that's a lot of weed f*** those worms this really upsets me I'm just picking up every single little dead thing that I can possibly find do these things like continue to just eat the plant until there's no more plant left or what?

I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket any more. I will have my outdoor grow in the summer, My green house grow and indoor grows in the winter. Just trying to cover all my possible bases. This way if one goes wrong I will have backups to backups.

Holy crap that's a lot of weed f*** those worms this really upsets me I'm just picking up every single little dead thing that I can possibly find do these things like continue to just eat the plant until there's no more plant left or what?
They nest in the buds for the winter that is why you see them late in the grow. It is the nest that starts rotting the bud. once it starts it will just spread out from there.

I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket any more. I will have my outdoor grow in the summer, My green house grow and indoor grows in the winter. Just trying to cover all my possible bases. This way if one goes wrong I will have backups to backups.

They nest in the buds for the winter that is why you see them late in the grow. It is the nest that starts rotting the bud. once it starts it will just spread out from there.
Spread and not stop?! How do I stop it from happening or getting worse?

Also they r slightly muddy from the rain how do I go about cleaning that off?

There are a couple things you can do in the future, @SmokingWings mentioned. As far as the mud, bud washing would work and or spraying them with a water before you trim. I'm new at bud washing and know there many others that do it a lot with every grow. To bud wash you will 3 5gal buckets and warm (Not Hot) water. Some add noting to the first bucket some add backing soda and lemon juice. Basicly you dip the bud in the first bucket and do light agitation (Emphasize Light) Then move to the next bucket and then the next doing the same. Then shake off the excess water and hang. I will post instruction here shortly when I find the link most recommend.

So by saving what I can you mean clip off the branches and or buds that are good and hang to dry or use the racks still or pick off all of the bad moldy weed on the plant and let the rest hang to dry...?

So by saving what I can you mean clip off the branches and or buds that are good and hang to dry or use the racks still or pick off all of the bad moldy weed on the plant and let the rest hang to dry...?

Either way would work. If it were me, I would pick off the bad stuff so I could hang the good stuff on the stems like you have in your picture.

Yes, pull them, trim the buds and start the bud washing. Have something set up in the house so that you can hang them or place them on a screen to speed up the drying after the last step of washing. Have a fan ready so that it can circulate the air around the buds and helps with even drying.

It might be a good idea to think about next season and work out a way to spray the plants once a week starting when they first go in the ground. Use a solution of vinegar diluted in water to prevent possible mildew problems. If it rains then spray as soon as the plant dries and respray after each rain. It is a bit of extra work but it worked for me this year.

Incidentally, we had a mild frost Tues night into Wed morning and my Cannabis plants were doing great Wednesday afternoon. I can't say the same about the tomatoes and peppers.
Ok and what's are the steps to bud washing these muddy messes I got? Lol

Do I literally take a hose to them ?

And u suggest a wash then Trim the good branches off and get rid of the molded stuff is the way?

I KNOW I could like YouTube it but ....

What did I do wrong??
Nothing. I feel bad that maybe I should have caught some clue in one of the photos. Closest I come is the photos this past Sunday.After going back and looking at them a couple of times I see that there are several of the lower leaves that look like they have a problem but it does not jump out at me as being anything serious.

Spread and not stop?! How do I stop it from happening or getting worse?
Doing what you are doing. You have pulled the plants and that puts an end to this cycle. You are cutting out the bad parts and it sounds like you are getting ready to try the bud washing.

This link will tell or you can watch his vid, Very useful! @SmokingWings and many others have great advice. It is my thought to gather all the advice I can and make a choice from there. This is one of those things (Growing) that can have many solutions. Some things are just what everyone recommends others are in a gray area where there are different solutions to the same end goal.

Do I literally take a hose to them ?

And u suggest a wash then Trim the good branches off and get rid of the molded stuff is the way?

I KNOW I could like YouTube it but ....
Yes I would wash with a light spray with the hose, You don't want a strong spray. You can do it in the shower as well then trim and do the bud wash.

Hi KD - we knew this was going to be a race against time didn't we
Once you've chopped out the rot, do your first rinse in an H2O2 solution to dissolve any mould and kill any remaining spores
At least you'll salvage a bit of smoke - wasn't looking too promising a month or two ago so well done, really
Shame about the mould but we've all been caught out one way or another so join the club :cool:

So while I was typing up my previous msg I caught that you replied.

Here is the Bud Washing thread>>>
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/bud-washing.200881/

The thread is several years old. It starts out with the basic washing system. Then just a few years ago people introduced the Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) Bud Wash as a way to clean off mild cases of Powdery Mildew.

You can wash the mud off by taking the branches that you have saved and swishing them around in a bucket.

I don't have the link to the the information on the Hydrogen Peroxide wash but it is mixing 1 part H202 to 3 parts water, I think. It is what I have worked with the last couple of plants. Maybe someone else has the ratio.

Then follow the Bud Washing steps in the link above.

There the first step of that system is to mix Lemon Juice with Baking Soda which is a traditional washing technique and for Cannabis it works great. The interaction of the juice and the baking Soda loosens up dirt and cuts it off the buds.

Then two rinses in clean water removes all the dirt and crud that has been loosened up by the first bucket. The thread brings up temperatures of the water, etc.

I had figured that this Bud Washing made sense when I first started following the discussions. Then when I broke down and tried it I slowly became convinced that the little bit of extra work was nothing compared to the difference in the quality of the weed when all was 'said and done'.

So while I was typing up my previous msg I caught that you replied.

Here is the Bud Washing thread>>>
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/bud-washing.200881/

The thread is several years old. It starts out with the basic washing system. Then just a few years ago people introduced the Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) Bud Wash as a way to clean off mild cases of Powdery Mildew.

You can wash the mud off by taking the branches that you have saved and swishing them around in a bucket.

I don't have the link to the the information on the Hydrogen Peroxide wash but it is mixing 1 part H202 to 3 parts water, I think. It is what I have worked with the last couple of plants. Maybe someone else has the ratio.

Then follow the Bud Washing steps in the link above.

There the first step of that system is to mix Lemon Juice with Baking Soda which is a traditional washing technique and for Cannabis it works great. The interaction of the juice and the baking Soda loosens up dirt and cuts it off the buds.

Then two rinses in clean water removes all the dirt and crud that has been loosened up by the first bucket. The thread brings up temperatures of the water, etc.

I had figured that this Bud Washing made sense when I first started following the discussions. Then when I broke down and tried it I slowly became convinced that the little bit of extra work was nothing compared to the difference in the quality of the weed when all was 'said and done'.
I mist any rot sites with H2O2 directly even before the bud wash
My H2O2 is 12% and I use about 250ml in a 5L bucket

Back
Top Bottom