What Reflective Materials Can I Use For My Grow Room?

sry to get off track there,if you have to choose between emergency blankets or white paint go w/paint, oh i remember what i used my first grow was white computer paper tape it together top to bottom for like 5 sheets then tape it to the walls works very well and is cheap and easy to use.heres a pic for proof that it works.
PICT001211.JPG

these plants came out just fine using paper for the walls

You can order a 50 ft section of mylar for about $35 online. If you want great reflectivity just spend the extra few bucks. Chances are you'll have extra as well, so breaking it isn't much of a worry.

Flat white paint:
Self explanatory; a great option for large grow rooms or for people who are interested in a low maintenance wall. Flat white paint has the ability to reflect between 75-85% of the light, and does not create hotspots. Adding a fungicide is recommended when painting. ;) :peace:

You Know I thought :hmmmm: about deleteing that last sentence. Because I said to myself BWC will call me out! And Thats what Happened. The Truth is I just copy/paste from what SmokeyMacPot said in post #1. I did research but found no information to help answer that Question :sorry: BWC BayArea. :grinjoint:

You are everywhere! I have begun to see you do not like open ended answers. ;) "Adding a fungicide is recommended when painting". Is a example of a open ended Answer. Here take the Joint! :passitleft: That you on the right Buddy! :winkyface:

Fungicide in Paint and Open Ended Answers

LOL, U know it!! :biglaugh: Honestly I don't like them because when I post or attempt to answer a question, I remember the thread most times (or can ID it in my CP). So I like to make sure the questions I'm involved with (asking or answering) are satisfactorily answered because I use them for personal references as well as to better direct the FAQ traffic so we have less of the same questions asked over and over. With a weak or number of different answers (which is sometimes acceptable depending upon the question), its not hard to see y the same questions get asked over. This is also due to lazy people that want the dedicated growers to do half of their work for them as well. I'll leave that alone don't wanna go anymore off topic than I have (PitViper has a blog about it that's on the money). I like to share info and I love to learn. I'm gonna check this fungicide in the paint thing out a lil more. Thanks again bro. :peace: I did find this real quick>Zinsser Wall Primers | Professional Quality Since 1849. It says this paint is good up to five years. I guess this is a new thing contractors/painters are using in bathrooms. This is from the MSDS, still tryna figure out the active/fungicidal ingredient(s).
Section 2 Hazardous Ingredients
OSHA ACGIH
Hazardous Component CAS# PEL TLV
Limestone 1317-65-3 15 mg/m3 * 5 mg/m3 ** 10 mg/m3
Titanium dioxide 13463-67-7 15 Mg/m3 * 10 Mg/m3
Kaolin 1332-58-7 15 mg/m3 * (5 mg/m3 **) 2 Mg/m3**
* = Total Dust ** = Respirable Dust Fraction † = Inhalable fraction

Back
Top Bottom