What should i use for a 2 by 2 5'3 grow tent?

Re: what should i use for a 2 by 2 5'3 grow tent??

pot121.jpg
pot181.jpg

well brother if you havn't got a light yet and you want to grow in that 2x2 area, ill let you know that is the space im working with exactly. i didnt want to run a HOT ,FRAGILE, NOISEY HID so i invested in this LED and it is working good as can be. i vent with a 9'' fan and holes in the top of the box. and im in cali so dead winter and still a warm 48 dgrees outside, so the room stays at what the house is at. i got that box at 78 degrees and 48 humidity. the light dosnt effect the enviorment at all

pot71.jpg
pot141.jpg
pot151.jpg

Thanks man u have been a big help and ill keep u posted on everything and if i have any ? i will ask if thats cool?? im sure i will i also been reading the cannabis bible as well and has help me a lot i should be set all up in couple months thanks man ill keep you posted!!!

thanks man and no i have not yet have a light yet i have 150 watt hps right now but i was going to try for a 3x3 tent with a 400watt mh/hps lighting system ill deff check out the led man anything in size etc.... you suggest i get or use if i got that way??

3 by 3 tent or 90cm by 90cm by 180cm 400w hps

0021085.JPG
005914.JPG
007690.JPG

I can normally squeeze 4 girls in here which are a very short growing strain !

017275.JPG
005837.JPG
001969.JPG
003954.JPG

I also use a 2 by 2 tent or 60cm by 60cm by 160cm with a 125w 6400k cfl for vegging - gets a bit tight in here in late veg tho with 4 girls... but i choose a small bush which is LST for my own method of growing.

007770.JPG
010537.JPG
0031026.JPG
014369.JPG
001829.JPG
002855.JPG

The 60 & 90 sized tents sided by side - thats a really old pic back in the days :love:

002849.JPG

Lots of comments from Xlr8 so I'm assuming you got excellent advice already :). I noticed the dimensions 2x2x5'3" are a GL60 right? That's the only reason I'm commenting, this will be my tent and I gave this a lot of thought.
I'm currently growing in a GL80L (a little short of 3x5) under a 600 and I LOVE it. Space, however, has become an issue. I'm producing more bud than I personally need, and I figured I went a little overboard so time to downsize to a nice easily manageable garden that will keep the meds coming. Now IF that is why you went with a GL60 (2x2x5'3") then let me share my two tokes with you. If that's NOT the reason you picked it, and you have no problem with a 4x4 or whatever bigger size you choose for full grown plants, then by all means go for the air cooled hood HID + carbon filter classic combo. Old school and a proven winner, MH/HPS for veg and flower. Now back to MY reason for a 2x2. If you seek what I seek, then keep reading, if not, then just go bigger and hook up your HID's :).

I got a little tired of having a big tent to take care of with fully grown plants. It will get crowded, the tent simply takes a large space in my apartment + big fans = noise... the whole thing is getting too old a little too fast to be honest.. I decided I need a small grow, that's easy to manage, and will produce fine consistent meds.
Now I'm gona go over what I decided what's best for me, it may not be the best for you, there's so many different approaches you can take to this beautiful hobby so don't take this as advice or recommendation, just consider it one more option to consider I guess :) !! I went ahead and got a little GL40 (as you can see, I'm a huge fan of grow lab tents). It's so cute, honestly, that's all you can say after setting it up. Barely over 1x1x3. PERFECT for a mini moma :). I chose my lighting to be 2-foot T5's. One in each corner. This gave me very nice distributed light + left a lot of headroom to grow. Personally I'm loving it so far for keeping a single small mother.
On to the GL60 (2x2). I thought a lot about HID's but honestly I think it's a bad idea. There's no way you could fit a proper air cooled light in there. If you're thinking about growing branched plants forget about a 2x2 also, unless you're planning to do a lot of manipulation and flip 12/12 pretty soon. Anyway, back to the plan, my plan is a good LED light in there. Then I'll have the smallest 4" carbon filter in there, with the fan on the outside. So all you have inside is a small filter + an LED panel. On the 2x2 I plan to go with a 3L hempy SOG. I figure 12 wouldn't be too crowded in there. Each pot is 5" in diameter and will grow a single cola only. With a nice little cycle I'm hoping to get 5 ounces or so every 2 months. My main goal is minimizing space while not sacrificing quality too much. The biggest investment will be a good LED light, the others are not too much to be honest.
Best of luck with everything brother :thumb: I just saw the dimensions 2x2x5'3" in your title and it struck me because this planning has been haunting me for a few days :laughtwo:. That's my plan, it's an option you can consider, and there's at least 100 different ways to do this, keep looking and you'll find your personal preference in no time :).

Wow! I have to say that I'm blown away by all the great posts and info given. There's a ton of great ideas there for blakieblaze to consider... and pics! +rep all around :bravo:

I'm sorry if my comment was off topic, I couldn't go through all the replies before I wrote mine. Waaayyy too :tokin:.. So, I hope I didn't repost info :laughtwo:

:peace:

No no, you are sharing some really valuable experience and insight with blakieblaze, and other people who read this in the future. :goodjob:

hey man thank you for taking a look at my post and giving me helpfull info. its my first tent grow i grew once in my closet and just not enough room and it was just a test run you can say was my first indoor grow i have only grown outdoors so this is all new to me and i have got a lot of helpfull info from some good grows and want to say love the set up you have and i am short on space as well that i live in apartment so the biggest i can fit is around a 3x3 tent in my room im looking to grow 5 max plants at a time dont need nothing big so thats why i figured a tent would be perfect. now you think for that size of a tent a 4'' or 6'' inline fan combo kit will work?? and i plan on using a 400 watt mh/hps light system and once i learn more etc.. may go to a LED system but when i first start my seedings how close do i put the light to them in the tent and how long for i hear 24hrs but for how long?? also one im in veg stage and flowering stage how far do you say i should have the light from the plants?? and i see u have rope on the plants whats that for?? bushy not tall?? how do you do that always wonder i have seen it before?? in a tent do you think i should top them as well?? thank you again if you dont mind im sure ill have a lot of?? as time goes on Xlr8 has been a big help and deff has gave me excellent advice!! thanks again man ill deff keep you posted as i get set up and get things going!!

for starting seeds you ever use root cubes??

In the past i first used root roit cubes for seedling germination & even for clones/cuttings but due to being a few plant man i did use the root roit cubes up quick enough & found they dehydrated over time and where a pain in the royal back side to to rehydrate...

001768.JPG
003756.JPG
007621.JPG

I've now moved over to jiffy pellets they come dehydrated & just add water to use :thumb:

001976.JPG
003926.JPG
002987.JPG

Pretty much any method will work for seed germination, i myself prefer cubes or pellets over the paper towel method as it saves my old clumsy hands from damaging tender fragile tap roots.

The only thing i would avoid for seed germination or young sprouts is main potting compost which may be pre loaded with nutrients this often causes nutrient burn on young plants of a few weeks old they are tad senstive at a young age !

Providing plenty of warmth for germination is also pretty good idea !

I didn't realize you were new to indoor growing :) my post must have been a little confusing if so.
I think a 4" is great for 3x3. Manipulate the plants and have them grow your way (LST). There's a lot of great info on here.

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Thanks man ill have to pick some of them up then to try them out and how long would i keep them in the cubes for before putting in soil??

Yes i am new to indoor growing i have only grew out doors when i us to live out in the woods and loved it!! now that i moved etc i have start indoors and this will be my 2nd in door grow that im going to start soon!! but i have got a lot of good info from ppl and yes it was a little confusing but that's why i ask lots of ? but it helps a lot man and very excited to start my next grow cant wait to see what happens i love this hobby and love learning more and more and i do everyday!!! i see u grew auto seeds?? how was that?? thats what i am doing now is deciding on what i want to go with for seed!! not sure!!!!

Well brother, welcome to the forums here at 420mag. You'll love it here, lots of good people that are more than happy to share their thoughts.
It went very well for a first grow with the autos. However, that was only because I'm completely new to growing. If you have the basics down, you might want to go with proven regulars? I don't know, can't really give my opinion without knowing your goals. You will figure most of stuff out as you go so don't worry ahead too much. Autos, like anything else, have pros and cons. If you want me to be more specific you have to be more specific with your question :). Remember, this all based on my opinion, no expert advice over here :loopy:

nice ya i was just asking cause i heard they flower really quickly?? how long do you keep them in veg? and how long for flower? i also heard you don't yield much from them either?? ya i was thinking of going regular cause i want a nice yield from it!! also thinking of trying the auto just to see how they go as well and info on feminized seeds?? thank you i love the 420 site i have the cannabis bible but deff learned more on here and ppl have a lot of good advice!!! but ill deff keep posted on updates i just order a few things so should have them by next week i hope to get things started!! and what is your take on fox farm ocean forest soil??

I've never used anything other than FFOF. I can't recommend it over any other product, but I can say it works great :). It's a hot soil tho.. my plants usually go through 4 full weeks before any feeding.
Make a journal when you have everything up and running. A lot of good folks will tag along and share good stuff :).
You can't control veg and flower on autos. I think some special kind of autos don't flower if under 24/0 the whole time so you kind of can control it, but let's speak about the majority of autoflowering strains. I noticed the early finishers are kind of born into bloom (?). I've seen pistils on plants as young as 15 days lol. They just grow and start flowering by themselves no matter what dark time they're getting. I noticed better results with 20/4 than GLR (13/11), but that's just me. Other strains grow bigger and start showing bloom around week 4 (these are the 70-80 day strains). They yield better, but the quality differs from strain to strain. There's a lot of auto grows on here, check them out. I've only grown about 12 so far, so keep that in mind while considering my "observations" lol. Member GiGaBaNe is messing with larger number of autos and is much more knowledgable about them. Hit him up, cool guy. ONE piece of advice I can actually give you is go with famous strains. Go with the proven winners. Under the same conditions, I had one auto yield about 75 grams I think, and one yielding about 8-10 grams. Soo... If you're going with 3 plants, go with proven strains, I'm sure you wouldn't want three 8-gram plants lol.

Back
Top Bottom