What's wrong?

LightHouse

It's been a few days out of soil and no leaves...

Whats wrong with my dwarfie :( It's my first grow have i somehow messed it up?

Pics are bad, couldn't focus it right.

20160220_183526.jpg
20160220_183511.jpg
20160220_183458.jpg

Shell was removed, i can see that it is not only stem, it has cutting, but that's it, not opening up and tip is brown, that's why you thought that it was shell.

I found photo which looks near to mines

acda4a79c5b0abdf403e00cee713ef19_1_.png

There's also a membrane that sometimes won't come off. Moisten it really good first, give it some time to soften and then try to pull it off. It's happened to most of us at one time or another. The leaves will pop open when it comes off. If you're careful you can slice it open with the corner of a razor, too.

:thumb:

Ye, i have removed it earlier too. But i gave it a try to moisten it again and nothing went off.
And thanks for advice to try open it manually :) those leaves looks roasted or something, with that brownish color, but i can see in a middle that true leaves might develop soon, what you think?

20160221_003201.jpg
20160221_003151.jpg

Hey guys!
I'm new to this forum, even though I'm finishing my first grow ever in like two weeks.
But for the second planties (Power Plant, feminized) I have discovered some problems, just like LightHouse had. But my little plantie looks a lot worse and as I'm kinda new to growing, I wanted to ask if this little guy can be saved somehow:

20160221_164105.jpg

20160221_164233.jpg

The shell didn't go off after nearly two weeks so I did moisten it an took off the shell softly - well this is the result since thursday and the plantie isn't growing or getting leaves.

Is there something I can do? Or is little Cricket here just going to die?
Thanks for help!
:thanks:

Hey there, Nightrunner!

Sorry to hear that you have problems too. Yes it looks like mine.

I can only guess that your plant is stretching so much, cause of lack of light, don't know about leaves.

Mine is growing super slowly, but i am waiting for it to overcome all that stress i caused for my dwarfie, will add updates if anyone interested about how we're doing :)

Hey hey,

thanks for your reply!
Yeah, this little guy strechted just over night, I couldn't even do something. He was sitting in his Jiffy, fresh out of the seed and when I woke up - hell he looked awkward :thedoubletake:
Still, I hope Cricket (yeah, I called him like this XDD) develops some leafs finally :/
So, YES, of course I want to see pics of you and your dwarfie :cheesygrinsmiley: Maybe I can see how my plantie will be doing (hopefully) with help from your pictures.

But it's really nice to hear that yours has recovered quite well :woohoo:

Sometimes bag seeds react like this..They eventually die because they are not strong enough toi survive.I would put a splint on the plant to see if she gets stronger. The stem will fall because its growing way too fast...

Hey Sejd2131,

thanks for your answer.
I had some hope my little plant would eventually recover and grow, but I have the feeling it won't.
So I think you're right at all, that it won't survive.

I put on a splint to let the plant focus on what's important, still... :straightface:

The last seeds I had were Silver Haze #9 and they didn't cause any problems at all, but with the new ones (Power Plant) I have huge problems to be honest, all the little plants don't look too well.
Maybe someone here has expierence with this strain? They grow under the same circumstances like the Silvers did but I rather feel they're all near death somewhat :phew:

Edith: I feel like I should start a new thread for this problem...?

Hey there. It's been almost a week and i want to show you how we're doing

20160226_180612.jpg

I am happy that it's growing, but it's so slow, maybe because of stress? And only one true leaf so far.

Hey LightHouse

thanks for pics!
Funny thing is, mine just look the same. I mean, literally! The first little leafs turned yellow and only one leaf approached out of the plant. I did some adjustments in light and moisture and finally, after like 2 or 3 weeks, they start to grow a second leaf. But it's very slow and I germinated one more seed as replacement for Cricket (R.I.P!) and it's growing a lot faster than the planties, that look exactly like your dwarfie.
But... well, they're alive an grow! I think I'll give them some time. If pics needet, just tell me :)

Hope everything goes well with your plants! :love:

My first sprout did this (Stretched) I re-planted it up to its neck in soil, basically burying the stem. It grew just fine.
I killed it later by over watering it...but it worked.
Best of luck.

I can agree, I am new (2nd grow now) but I use the same method of transplanting seeds mentioned by james. That 2inches or so that is only stem, below and leading up to the cotyledons, should be buried exposing only those cotyledons. This will force the newly buried segment of the stem to switch over and start developing roots; great way to kick start the root system of the little guy.

I guess we're on the same boat here :D

Sure, share your pics :)
My second plant got normal looking leafs, but i haven't killed my dwarfie yet, i'll give her some more time, it's nothing to lose :)

My BubbleGum Auto looks much better and she is already ahead :D
It's like 4 days in soil only and already can't be compared to dwarfie, even stamp is thicker, both plants on same grow box, lights and everything, so it must be genetics or something. Dwarfie have one green leaf and it looks healthy, but nothing more, haven't showed a noticeable progress and is stunt. I am happy about my BubbleGum though :circle-of-love:

20160307_171540.jpg
20160307_171430.jpg

Back
Top Bottom